Funeral Arrangements for Birdsfan

Run To State

Very close to HHS. About 4-5 blocks away going South on N. Ft Thomas Ave. When you pass through Highland Ave/N. Ft Thomas intersection the Funeral Home is directly on the left just past the Post Office. The Funeral home sits on the Corner of Montvale And S. Ft Thomas Ave. Ft Thomas Ave changes from North to Sourth at Highland Ave. Considered the center of town.

Thanks. Hope to be there a bit after 6.

If there was a man that deserves respects being paid, it's BF.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there at 4:50 .When I arrived there was a small receiving line .When I left Dobblings the line had grown exponentially . In other words It was long . Dave has a lot of friends .

I saw you pulling out of the lot.

Just got home to pick-up daddy's little girl for the Pop Hop, the line is growing BIGTIME. Ran into JackOfAllTrades, nkypete, THUNDERBIRDS, Stinkyboy, Clyde, MLGT, Gametime, Run To State, & Oldbird.

Remember to sign with your handle.

RIP BF.

My heart is breaking right now. The family loved the story the night Dave got to shoot the Canon off. We laughed and cried talking about it. One of my best memories of being part of the Canon crew at Highlands. RIP brother Birdsfan! You will be missed dearly.

I just got home from the funeral home. I stood in a long line of people paying their respects to Dave's family. I said a few Our Fathers and Hail Marys while waiting. I'm sure Dave is doing fine in his new heavenly mansion. I believe he is quite pleased that so many of us came out and met each other. Dave's family, I think, is just getting a small glimpse of all the lives that Dave touched. I saw LB13 first and a number of the individuals he mentioned in post #49. I was very honored to meet some of the wonderful people of BGP for the first time. I also saw rockmom, swamprat (all the way from FL!), mcpapa, watusi, and RebelK. I believe some of the gang may be heading out for a bite to eat and I plan on joining them again later.

I was honored that a message I sent Dave just before his journey Home was on one of the boards there.

Good to see RTS, GT, RockMom, and others again. As well as meeting Clyde for the first time ( officially), as well as SwampRat, and a few others .

Before I arrived I got the DVD in the mail from Netflix of Dave's patron Saint, "Padre Pio - Between Heaven and Earth", so far a very good movie, and I see some of St Pio in David. I plan to finish the movie tonight (3hr movie), and highly recommend it.

Stood in line for a short 2 hrs and I enjoyed every single minute of it to pay respect to a man that didn't have a single mean bone in his body nor a bad thing to say about anyone, ever.

Saw lots of BGPers there and chance have it my old Highlands football coach Bill Hermann was behind me and we took a walk down memory lane and all of this was a gift from our dear friend Dave.

I felt heartbroken for his Dad Ken as I believe Ken has lost not only his youngest son but his very best friend and I could see and feel his pain.

BF may be gone in body but our memories and love for him and his spirit will be forever eternal...Just sayin BF:thumb:

I hate that I can't get up there, but work and the arrival of my new niece has had me covered up.

I'll miss you, Dave. You were always able to bring a smile to my face, and I never got to tell you just how much I admired you. Would that I could have a fraction of your strength of will and spirit and character, but I could never measure up. So long, friend.