Funeral Arrangements for Birdsfan

Run To State

Thinking about BirdsFan and seeing Alabama Larry's avatar got me to thinking ... what happens to their posts after they are gone? I did a quick search and was very happy to see Alabama Larry still in the member list and you can read his posts by doing some searching. I am sure the same will happen with BirdsFan on here. I hope their names and posts continue to be included here on BGP. Some great reading and nice memories preserved there. Perhaps these great members should have a special place on the site, sort of like a Hall of Fame, where we all can easily pull up their page and posts. Most importantly, let's make sure the comments stay preserved and accessible.

I would love to see and read a best of BirdsFan thread that includes posts by him and we all could comment. Same for Alabama Larry.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was nice to finally meet you! Be strong and take care of your beautiful bride and those three kids.

Yeah, it was nice to meet you and put a face to whatever your screen name is. We had a pleasant conversation at LB's expense. Thank you for the kind words about my wife.

Thinking about BirdsFan and seeing Alabama Larry's avatar got me to thinking ... what happens to their posts after they are gone? I did a quick search and was very happy to see Alabama Larry still in the member list and you can read his posts by doing some searching. I am sure the same will happen with BirdsFan on here. I hope their names and posts continue to be included here on BGP. Some great reading and nice memories preserved there. Perhaps these great members should have a special place on the site, sort of like a Hall of Fame, where we all can easily pull up their page and posts. Most importantly, let's make sure the comments stay preserved and accessible.

I would love to see and read a best of BirdsFan thread that includes posts by him and we all could comment. Same for Alabama Larry.

I think it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to just those members who have passed on. It could be called "In Memoriam" and could be a closed thread,but have the names listed so people could click on their name and select View Forum Posts so you can read some of their posts.

I think that would be awesome. Could even have it in the Premium members forum. Just a nice way to remember those who meant so much to BGP and have moved on.

I used to be an admin on a MB and if any mods need help in how to set it up with the names a a post etc let me know, I can explain how to accomplish it so the members can be listed as if they made a post etc. so people can click on their avatar like a normal post.

Dave's funeral mass was beautiful and touching.

How very special it was for the priest during his homily to say that along with everyone else, he too was taught by Dave. That's saying a lot.

It was fitting also that Dave's Holy Card had Padre Pio on it. I will forever treasure it.

Blessings and comforts to all of Dave's friends and family.

Rest in Peace Dave. You've done good with a job well done Brother.

Dave's funeral mass was beautiful and touching.

How very special it was for the priest during his homily to say that along with everyone else, he too was taught by Dave. That's saying a lot.

It was fitting also that Dave's Holy Card had Padre Pio on it. I will forever treasure it.

Blessings and comforts to all of Dave's friends and family.

Rest in Peace Dave. You've done good with a job well done Brother.

I saw you there, just very sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello to you. You know Dave was smiling on you and the rest of his friends and family.

I saw you there, just very sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello to you. You know Dave was smiling on you and the rest of his friends and family.

It was a nice celebration of Dave's life, and thankfully it was a refreshing pretty sunshiny morning, and it's remained a bright beautiful and calm day throughout to help lift the spirits. Hope you are hanging in there and are doing alright.

Here is a poem called "Afterglow" from an unknown poet that I'd just bet that Dave would want you RTS, and everyone else to feel this way too.

Afterglow

I'd like the memory of me

to be a happy one

I'd like to leave and afterglow

of smiles when life is done.

I'd like to leave an echo

whispering softly down the ways,

Of happy times and laughing times

and bright and sunny days.

I'd like the tears of those who grieve

to dry before the sun

of happy memories

that I leave when life is done.

To say Dave's dad is impressive is an understatement. I can't imagine his sadness but he was so graceful and appreciate last night.

He told a friend of mine that all of this outpouring of love and support tells him he did a good job raising his son.

Isn't that what every dad wants?

To say Dave's dad is impressive is an understatement. I can't imagine his sadness

I've said a thousand times that the most painful human experience is to precede a child in death, regardless of the child's age.

It sounds like BF's parents are the best of the best, which is exactly what their son was.

To say Dave's dad is impressive is an understatement. I can't imagine his sadness but he was so graceful and appreciate last night.

He told a friend of mine that all of this outpouring of love and support tells him he did a good job raising his son.

Isn't that what every dad wants?

Dave's parents are two of the finest people you will ever meet. Side note: they were unaware of many of the caring/giving things that Dave had done throughout his life until his passing. Dave was not the type to discuss or acknowledge his own kindness and/or thoughtfulness. I also never knew the depths of Dave's compassion for others. Sounds cliché - but he has inspired me to be a better person in his memory.