Funeral Arrangements for Birdsfan

Run To State

As MTGL said, I wish it were under better circumstances. I hate to make this sound like a social event, but I am looking forward to seeing some of you again, and meeting some for the first time. It is obvious what David meant to all of us and I think he would smile at the thought of being responsible for a large BGP gathering.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As MTGL said, I wish it were under better circumstances. I hate to make this sound like a social event, but I am looking forward to seeing some of you again, and meeting some for the first time. It is obvious what David meant to all of us and I think he would smile at the thought of being responsible for a large BGP gathering.

I have no doubt Dave would be thrilled to have BGPers catching up with each other.

I have no doubt Dave would be thrilled to have BGPers catching up with each other.

I was just going to post the same. With Dave being a man of God he would not want people to weep and morn, he would want everyone to be happy as he is enjoying what we all strive for, the life everlasting. Plus, being a huge part of BGP, he would enjoy that we all catch up as Clyde mentioned.

I see where Dave's brother is asking for anyone who has photos of Dave to bring them as then will have a board for people to tack up pics.

Could some bring BGP pics of Dave with us? Such as the Reds game gathering we had in 2003?

Thank you, SportsGuy41017 for posting this.

Here is Dave's brother's post:

Hi everyone. I have a favor to ask of anyone who is planning to attend David's layout Tuesday evening:

We are going to have a dedicated board with tacks available. The purpose? For anyone that had a picture taken with David and would like to donate a copy so my mother & father can keep. Doesn't matter if it's Kodak or something you digitally printed. My parents would love to see and keep.

Thank you.

"I Live On"

You may not be able to see me,

Though you think that I am gone.

Inside your heart you carry me,

So I live on, I live on.

I know you feel an emptiness,

Of words we left unsaid.

Release your pain, forgive yourself,

For I already did.

The love you gave, I took with me,

And left my love for you.

So now I know some time has passed,

Here is what I ask of you.

Share my life and remember me,

To those you love – out loud.

And I will become part of them,

For that would make me proud.

Those little quirks, the quips I said,

Please share those memories.

For there is no plaque or stone,

That would better honor me.

I loved you then, and love you still,

And will forevermore.

So take my love and pass it down,

That’s what my legacy is for.

Give my memories, my love as gifts,

And do not mourn that I have gone.

Just place my love in your children’s hearts,

And you will know that I live on.

Author: Nicole Jamieson

From Mike's FB:

Hi everyone. I have a favor to ask of anyone who is planning to attend David's layout Tuesday evening:

We are going to have a dedicated board with tacks available. The purpose? For anyone that had a picture taken with David and would like to donate a copy so my mother & father can keep. Doesn't matter if it's Kodak or something you digitally printed. My parents would love to see and keep.

Thank you.

Sadly, I think I'm doubtful to be able to make it for the layout. I have a 3:00pm meeting with some military big-wigs on one of the jobsites I've got going in West Virginia that I can't shake.

I may have missed it, but have there been any thoughts about putting together a mass BGP donation to one of the charities listed in Dave's obituary? ....kind of like we did for Alabama Larry.