Funeral Arrangements for Birdsfan

Run To State

It was a nice celebration of Dave's life, and thankfully it was a refreshing pretty sunshiny morning, and it's remained a bright beautiful and calm day throughout to help lift the spirits. Hope you are hanging in there and are doing alright.

Here is a poem called "Afterglow" from an unknown poet that I'd just bet that Dave would want you RTS, and everyone else to feel this way too.

Afterglow

I'd like the memory of me

to be a happy one

I'd like to leave and afterglow

of smiles when life is done.

I'd like to leave an echo

whispering softly down the ways,

Of happy times and laughing times

and bright and sunny days.

I'd like the tears of those who grieve

to dry before the sun

of happy memories

that I leave when life is done.

That was very nice, thank you for sharing it with me and the rest of us, it's much appreciated.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave's parents are two of the finest people you will ever meet. Side note: they were unaware of many of the caring/giving things that Dave had done throughout his life until his passing. Dave was not the type to discuss or acknowledge his own kindness and/or thoughtfulness. I also never knew the depths of Dave's compassion for others. Sounds cliché - but he has inspired me to be a better person in his memory.

Very true. I told Dave's dad about him sending me a sympathy flower arrangement and a stuffed bear when my CAT died of cancer. Dave and I had talked about it daily and he knew that it was tough on me. Dave's dad had no idea.

Dave's parents are the salt of the Earth. I have known them for several years, but only got to see them in small doses, whenever I would drop in and visit with Dave. His mother is just a sweetheart, and Dave's dad is a lot of fun to talk to, especially about sports. I knew they were great people, but until last night I never knew how really special they were. I watched them interract with everyone who came through the line, and there were hundreds. With each person, they were engaging, gracious and courteous. I watched them standing there, undoubtedly they were in great pain emotionally, yet they were going out of there way to make every person feel welcome. They had to be drained, but when I made my way to the front, they made me feel like family. I can't believe their strength.