Mercer 78 Duke 71

hrcarrier

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing on Twitter that apparently Coach K went to the Mercer locker room to congratulate them...

I'm not sure if I'm getting soft as I get older, but I just didn't dislike this Duke team at all this year. Other than always liking to see the underdog schools win, I'm just not enjoying this as much as I would have just a couple of years ago.:sssh:

Coach K is usually a pretty classy guy as well.

And I would think if UK was in the ACC they would have more losses than they already do.

As a non Duke, non UK fan, UK was more overrated than Duke. Your blue glasses are hindering your view.

I know you love the RPI so how about this?

Duke

v RPI Top 25: 5-5 (.500)

v RPI Top 50: 6-5 (.545)

v RPI Top 100: 12-6 (.667)

v RPI Top 150: 17-8 (.680)

v RPI Sub 150: 9-0 (1.000)

UK

v RPI Top 25: 1-5 (.167)

v RPI Top 50: 4-6 (.400)

v RPI Top 100: 14-9 (.609)

v RPI Top 150: 18-10 (.643)

v RPI Sub 150: 6-0 (1.000)

Duke outperformed UK in all the RPI opponent categories but you want to say they are more overrated than a team that was #1 and finished unranked? :lol:

First thing you and others must know is I never said UK was any good this year. The tourney is what counts, not pre season.

As I said earlier, UK loses they drop in the polls. Duke loses and they move up. Now tell me at the end of the season who was more overrated? A team with about as many losses as a top 10 team being out of the top 25 or a team with about as many losses as the first team mentioned who is still ranked in the top 10?

Is it worse for a 8 seed to lose to a 9 seed or a 3 seed to lose to a 14 seed?

I'd say Duke has proven my point.

Like Duke or not, Coach Krzyzewski has always been classy in losing or winning. I don't think anyone can argue that.

A lot of you are too young to remember anything except the replay of the Laettner shot. I was a student at UK and a lifelong Wildcat fan at the time. It was as big of a gut punch loss as the Red Sox losing Game 6 in the 86 Series. A beloved group of seniors last game, Cawood's last game--just a devastating loss. Yet Coach K asked for the mic to address the UK fans and tell them how proud he was of our team. He went to the UK locker room and addressed the team. He knew how lucky his team was. He knew what that game meant to Kentucky. He was a defending national champ and was more worried about the team and fans that his team had just gutted. I remember that. I always will. He, and Duke never quite seem the villain. I love watching upsets and I'm not a Duke fan but I don't take any extra joy in watching them lose...

First thing you and others must know is I never said UK was any good this year. The tourney is what counts, not pre season.

As I said earlier, UK loses they drop in the polls. Duke loses and they move up. Now tell me at the end of the season who was more overrated? A team with about as many losses as a top 10 team being out of the top 25 or a team with about as many losses as the first team mentioned who is still ranked in the top 10?

You're going just going to keep dismissing the fact that UK went from #1 to unranked, aren't you? :lol2:

I think the team with less losses against better competition is less overrated (Duke)...

I think the team that was predicted by some to go 40-0 but finished with more losses than the other team is more overrated (UK)...

I think the team with less losses against better competition is less overrated (Duke)...

I think the team that was predicted by some to go 40-0 but finished with more losses than the other team is more overrated (UK)...

UK fan here....We're in total agreement.

And I would think if UK was in the ACC they would have more losses than they already do.

As a non Duke, non UK fan, UK was more overrated than Duke. Your blue glasses are hindering your view.

I know you love the RPI so how about this?

Duke

v RPI Top 25: 5-5 (.500)

v RPI Top 50: 6-5 (.545)

v RPI Top 100: 12-6 (.667)

v RPI Top 150: 17-8 (.680)

v RPI Sub 150: 9-0 (1.000)

UK

v RPI Top 25: 1-5 (.167)

v RPI Top 50: 4-6 (.400)

v RPI Top 100: 14-9 (.609)

v RPI Top 150: 18-10 (.643)

v RPI Sub 150: 6-0 (1.000)

Duke outperformed UK in all the RPI opponent categories but you want to say they are more overrated than a team that was #1 and finished unranked? :lol:

Just curious, but why does it matter what a team is ranked once the tourney begins? Regardless of who you're a fan of, Duke clearly is overrated and today proved that.