Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer 78 Duke 71

Featured Replies

Don't get me started on being overated either, Kansas is up there as well... If you look at the polls from beggining to end a lot of teams were overated this year.

  • Replies 147
  • Views 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seeing on Twitter that apparently Coach K went to the Mercer locker room to congratulate them...

 

I'm not sure if I'm getting soft as I get older, but I just didn't dislike this Duke team at all this year. Other than always liking to see the underdog schools win, I'm just not enjoying this as much as I would have just a couple of years ago.:sssh:

 

Coach K is usually a pretty classy guy as well.

Joel Stein ‏@thejoelstein 15m

Duke is now more successful at porn than basketball. #BlueDevils #EarningTheNickname

And I would think if UK was in the ACC they would have more losses than they already do.

 

As a non Duke, non UK fan, UK was more overrated than Duke. Your blue glasses are hindering your view.

 

I know you love the RPI so how about this?

 

Duke

v RPI Top 25: 5-5 (.500)

v RPI Top 50: 6-5 (.545)

v RPI Top 100: 12-6 (.667)

v RPI Top 150: 17-8 (.680)

v RPI Sub 150: 9-0 (1.000)

 

UK

v RPI Top 25: 1-5 (.167)

v RPI Top 50: 4-6 (.400)

v RPI Top 100: 14-9 (.609)

v RPI Top 150: 18-10 (.643)

v RPI Sub 150: 6-0 (1.000)

 

Duke outperformed UK in all the RPI opponent categories but you want to say they are more overrated than a team that was #1 and finished unranked? :lol:

 

First thing you and others must know is I never said UK was any good this year. The tourney is what counts, not pre season.

 

As I said earlier, UK loses they drop in the polls. Duke loses and they move up. Now tell me at the end of the season who was more overrated? A team with about as many losses as a top 10 team being out of the top 25 or a team with about as many losses as the first team mentioned who is still ranked in the top 10?

 

Is it worse for a 8 seed to lose to a 9 seed or a 3 seed to lose to a 14 seed?

 

I'd say Duke has proven my point.

Like Duke or not, Coach Krzyzewski has always been classy in losing or winning. I don't think anyone can argue that.

 

A lot of you are too young to remember anything except the replay of the Laettner shot. I was a student at UK and a lifelong Wildcat fan at the time. It was as big of a gut punch loss as the Red Sox losing Game 6 in the 86 Series. A beloved group of seniors last game, Cawood's last game--just a devastating loss. Yet Coach K asked for the mic to address the UK fans and tell them how proud he was of our team. He went to the UK locker room and addressed the team. He knew how lucky his team was. He knew what that game meant to Kentucky. He was a defending national champ and was more worried about the team and fans that his team had just gutted. I remember that. I always will. He, and Duke never quite seem the villain. I love watching upsets and I'm not a Duke fan but I don't take any extra joy in watching them lose...

First thing you and others must know is I never said UK was any good this year. The tourney is what counts, not pre season.

 

As I said earlier, UK loses they drop in the polls. Duke loses and they move up. Now tell me at the end of the season who was more overrated? A team with about as many losses as a top 10 team being out of the top 25 or a team with about as many losses as the first team mentioned who is still ranked in the top 10?

 

Is it worse for a 8 seed to lose to a 9 seed or a 3 seed to lose to a 14 seed?

 

I'd say Duke has proven my point.

 

You're going just going to keep dismissing the fact that UK went from #1 to unranked, aren't you? :lol2:

First thing you and others must know is I never said UK was any good this year. The tourney is what counts, not pre season.

 

As I said earlier, UK loses they drop in the polls. Duke loses and they move up. Now tell me at the end of the season who was more overrated? A team with about as many losses as a top 10 team being out of the top 25 or a team with about as many losses as the first team mentioned who is still ranked in the top 10?

 

Is it worse for a 8 seed to lose to a 9 seed or a 3 seed to lose to a 14 seed?

 

I'd say Duke has proven my point.

 

I think the team with less losses against better competition is less overrated (Duke)...

 

I think the team that was predicted by some to go 40-0 but finished with more losses than the other team is more overrated (UK)...

I think the team with less losses against better competition is less overrated (Duke)...

 

I think the team that was predicted by some to go 40-0 but finished with more losses than the other team is more overrated (UK)...

 

UK fan here....We're in total agreement.

Seeing on Twitter that apparently Coach K went to the Mercer locker room to congratulate them...

 

That's pretty classy.....

 

Surprised though he didn't send WoJo to do it for him!!!:laugh:

That's pretty classy.....

 

Surprised though he didn't send WoJo to do it for him!!!:laugh:

 

Read my earlier post and then comment on Coach K's class...

And I would think if UK was in the ACC they would have more losses than they already do.

 

As a non Duke, non UK fan, UK was more overrated than Duke. Your blue glasses are hindering your view.

 

I know you love the RPI so how about this?

 

Duke

v RPI Top 25: 5-5 (.500)

v RPI Top 50: 6-5 (.545)

v RPI Top 100: 12-6 (.667)

v RPI Top 150: 17-8 (.680)

v RPI Sub 150: 9-0 (1.000)

 

UK

v RPI Top 25: 1-5 (.167)

v RPI Top 50: 4-6 (.400)

v RPI Top 100: 14-9 (.609)

v RPI Top 150: 18-10 (.643)

v RPI Sub 150: 6-0 (1.000)

 

Duke outperformed UK in all the RPI opponent categories but you want to say they are more overrated than a team that was #1 and finished unranked? :lol:

 

Just curious, but why does it matter what a team is ranked once the tourney begins? Regardless of who you're a fan of, Duke clearly is overrated and today proved that.

UK fan here....We're in total agreement.

 

I am too, to a point, but UK's season isn't over is it?

I am too, to a point, but UK's season isn't over is it?

 

The only way UK isn't deemed over rated is if they cut down the nets.

The only way UK isn't deemed over rated is if they cut down the nets.

 

If they lost in the final four they're going to be deemed over rated?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.