Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer 78 Duke 71

Featured Replies

15-1 on day one. Bracket destroyed one game into day two.

 

Thanks Duke!

 

Another reason to hate them!

  • Replies 147
  • Views 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Duke could be a 16 seed and lose to a 1 seed and half of this board would salivate over the opportunity to gloat about it. Let's not kid ourselves.

 

Probably so.

Duke could be a 16 seed and lose to a 1 seed and half of this board would salivate over the opportunity to gloat about it. Let's not kid ourselves.

That is true, but what is also true is Duke will never be awarded a 16 seed. I looked at all the seedings they've received since their first title in 91 and they have averaged being a 2 seed every year they've been in the tournament. Which is way too high.

 

Duke was ranked too high this year and it showed.

 

It's a great way to start off the weekend!!!!

 

I do wish I was at Rupp, I do feel bad for PP92 and I'd buy him lunch today. Hate seeing good guys have to put up with yet another early exit for their team.

Duke could be a 16 seed and lose to a 1 seed and half of this board would salivate over the opportunity to gloat about it. Let's not kid ourselves.

 

America's team, love em or hate em. No one cares about UK outside of the state.

America's team, love em or hate em. No one cares about UK outside of the state.

 

My sarcasm radar may be off, but... sarcasm?

Duke could be a 16 seed and lose to a 1 seed and half of this board would salivate over the opportunity to gloat about it. Let's not kid ourselves.

 

It wouldn't just be this board. I'm in Fort Wayne, Indiana at a BDubs due to work right now. The entire bar was cheering and high fiving every Mercer score. Multiple polls have listed Duke as the most disliked college basketball team. It is just magnified in states that really care about college basketball.

Even if UK loses tonight, it's still awesome!

 

You see the big difference is UK is playing a game that wouldn't be considered an upset, Duke however who was so overrated this year and once again (as I pointed out a month ago) was ranked way too high lost to a 14 seed lol.

 

Umm, this year's UK was/is the most overrated team of my lifetime....This whole season has been one giant colossal disappointment for Kentucky.

My sarcasm radar may be off, but... sarcasm?

 

He's dead serious...He tried to claim Duke is the most scrutinized sports program in all of professional or college sports in another thread. :lol2:

Umm, this year's UK was/is the most overrated team of my lifetime....This whole season has been one giant colossal disappointment for Kentucky.

 

Is that sarcasm?

Some of my brackets are blown up right now but Duke Getting whipped is well worth it !! Poor little dukies.....they didn't get the in conference, at home calls. :lol2:

Oh if only Manhattan could have held on, not choked........:sssh: :D

Umm, this year's UK was/is the most overrated team of my lifetime....This whole season has been one giant colossal disappointment for Kentucky.

 

Season ain't over, yet.

Is that sarcasm?

 

Nope. People (media types) were saying they were the most talented team ever assembled. Some were saying 40-0 was possible. Preseason #1 to unranked. They've lost 10 games already. Name me a team more overrated than they were to begin this season.

I'm not a Duke fan nor am I a UK fan but I don't understand it.

 

UK fans will look for any reason to jump on Duke and their program. They completely ignore the fact that UK went from #1 to unranked but don't see any problem talking trash about Duke. I know some Duke fans talk bad about UK as well but it's no where near equal from what I can tell. It's rather absurd if you ask me. Focus on your own team.

 

I used to enjoy reading as many threads about different programs but now I will find myself ignoring Duke threads because I know there will be UK fans trolling nonstop.

They completely ignore the fact that UK went from #1 to unranked but don't see any problem talking trash about Duke.

 

But that's a different type of over-rated. Not the same thing at all... :idunno:

You wont hear any excuses from us Duke fans.
Should you be talking about U.K. fans then I can only speak for myself in that I know that I made no excuses on any Wildcat loss and know a few others that didn't make any as well. Instead of Duke being "pathetic", how about Mercer played great and deserved the win ?

 

15-1 on day one. Bracket destroyed one game into day two.

 

Thanks Duke!

 

:lol2: I was the same but hey, if I am going to blow up a backet early then there is no better way for it to happen. I only had them winning one more anyway I believe.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.