Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer 78 Duke 71

Featured Replies

I'm not a Duke fan nor am I a UK fan but I don't understand it.

 

UK fans will look for any reason to jump on Duke and their program. They completely ignore the fact that UK went from #1 to unranked but don't see any problem talking trash about Duke. I know some Duke fans talk bad about UK as well but it's no where near equal from what I can tell. It's rather absurd if you ask me. Focus on your own team.

 

I used to enjoy reading as many threads about different programs but now I will find myself ignoring Duke threads because I know there will be UK fans trolling nonstop.

 

Hey, some of us use common sense!

  • Replies 147
  • Views 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope. People (media types) were saying they were the most talented team ever assembled. Some were saying 40-0 was possible. Preseason #1 to unranked. They've lost 10 games already. Name me a team more overrated than they were to begin this season.

 

Never heard anyone say they were the most talented team ever assembled.

 

What I heard was it was the best recruiting class ever. Big difference.

 

Big difference is beginning of season and now. Duke lost almost as many games as UK did yet were still awarded a 3 seed and their conference which was not very good given 6 teams a tourney bid.

 

Sorry nothing was more overrated than Duke.

Sorry nothing was more overrated than Duke.

 

That is your clearly biased opinion... From #1 to unranked is pretty over rated.

First Ohio State and now Duke... It's been a good week for Rebel!

Seeing on Twitter that apparently Coach K went to the Mercer locker room to congratulate them...

Never heard anyone say they were the most talented team ever assembled.

 

What I heard was it was the best recruiting class ever. Big difference.

 

Big difference is beginning of season and now. Duke lost almost as many games as UK did yet were still awarded a 3 seed and their conference which was not very good given 6 teams a tourney bid.

 

Sorry nothing was more overrated than Duke.

 

And I would think if UK was in the ACC they would have more losses than they already do.

 

As a non Duke, non UK fan, UK was more overrated than Duke. Your blue glasses are hindering your view.

 

I know you love the RPI so how about this?

 

Duke

v RPI Top 25: 5-5 (.500)

v RPI Top 50: 6-5 (.545)

v RPI Top 100: 12-6 (.667)

v RPI Top 150: 17-8 (.680)

v RPI Sub 150: 9-0 (1.000)

 

UK

v RPI Top 25: 1-5 (.167)

v RPI Top 50: 4-6 (.400)

v RPI Top 100: 14-9 (.609)

v RPI Top 150: 18-10 (.643)

v RPI Sub 150: 6-0 (1.000)

 

Duke outperformed UK in all the RPI opponent categories but you want to say they are more overrated than a team that was #1 and finished unranked? :lol:

Seeing on Twitter that apparently Coach K went to the Mercer locker room to congratulate them...

 

He's getting pretty good at that

  • Author
Seeing on Twitter that apparently Coach K went to the Mercer locker room to congratulate them...

 

That's awesome if he did.

Just wanted to pop in and say I'm doing updates for the Sweet 16 and that I called this loss on Tuesday.

 

Wanted to pop in before anyone said "where's PP92"..:lol2:

 

I'm watching Scott County/Johnson Central and trying not to cry about being right. :lol2:

Seeing on Twitter that apparently Coach K went to the Mercer locker room to congratulate them...

 

As much as I hate Duke, coach K is pretty awesome. I don't think many coaches would do that.

As much as I hate Duke, coach K is pretty awesome. I don't think many coaches would do that.

 

Beating Duke was huge for the Mercer players, but I'm sure that is just as cool to them.

That is your clearly biased opinion... From #1 to unranked is pretty over rated.

 

UK was clearly the most over rated team compared to their preseason expectations. Duke may have been over rated going into the tourney, but even though I'm a UK fan, I think that the Cats hold the distinction as most over rated overall this year.

  • Author

Like Duke or not, Coach Krzyzewski has always been classy in losing or winning. I don't think anyone can argue that.

UK was clearly the most over rated team compared to their preseason expectations. Duke may have been over rated going into the tourney, but even though I'm a UK fan, I think that the Cats hold the distinction as most over rated overall this year.

 

I think that is pretty obvious to every one that is objective on the subject. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.