Mercer 78 Duke 71

hrcarrier

I'm not a Duke fan nor am I a UK fan but I don't understand it.

UK fans will look for any reason to jump on Duke and their program. They completely ignore the fact that UK went from #1 to unranked but don't see any problem talking trash about Duke. I know some Duke fans talk bad about UK as well but it's no where near equal from what I can tell. It's rather absurd if you ask me. Focus on your own team.

I used to enjoy reading as many threads about different programs but now I will find myself ignoring Duke threads because I know there will be UK fans trolling nonstop.

Hey, some of us use common sense!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. People (media types) were saying they were the most talented team ever assembled. Some were saying 40-0 was possible. Preseason #1 to unranked. They've lost 10 games already. Name me a team more overrated than they were to begin this season.

Never heard anyone say they were the most talented team ever assembled.

What I heard was it was the best recruiting class ever. Big difference.

Big difference is beginning of season and now. Duke lost almost as many games as UK did yet were still awarded a 3 seed and their conference which was not very good given 6 teams a tourney bid.

Sorry nothing was more overrated than Duke.

Never heard anyone say they were the most talented team ever assembled.

What I heard was it was the best recruiting class ever. Big difference.

Big difference is beginning of season and now. Duke lost almost as many games as UK did yet were still awarded a 3 seed and their conference which was not very good given 6 teams a tourney bid.

Sorry nothing was more overrated than Duke.

And I would think if UK was in the ACC they would have more losses than they already do.

As a non Duke, non UK fan, UK was more overrated than Duke. Your blue glasses are hindering your view.

I know you love the RPI so how about this?

Duke

v RPI Top 25: 5-5 (.500)

v RPI Top 50: 6-5 (.545)

v RPI Top 100: 12-6 (.667)

v RPI Top 150: 17-8 (.680)

v RPI Sub 150: 9-0 (1.000)

UK

v RPI Top 25: 1-5 (.167)

v RPI Top 50: 4-6 (.400)

v RPI Top 100: 14-9 (.609)

v RPI Top 150: 18-10 (.643)

v RPI Sub 150: 6-0 (1.000)

Duke outperformed UK in all the RPI opponent categories but you want to say they are more overrated than a team that was #1 and finished unranked? :lol:

That is your clearly biased opinion... From #1 to unranked is pretty over rated.

UK was clearly the most over rated team compared to their preseason expectations. Duke may have been over rated going into the tourney, but even though I'm a UK fan, I think that the Cats hold the distinction as most over rated overall this year.

UK was clearly the most over rated team compared to their preseason expectations. Duke may have been over rated going into the tourney, but even though I'm a UK fan, I think that the Cats hold the distinction as most over rated overall this year.

I think that is pretty obvious to every one that is objective on the subject. :thumb: