Mercer 78 Duke 71

hrcarrier

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes, tough crowd. If my team advances to the final four, even if they were the best team by a mile and somehow lost, I'd never consider that a failure. That is crazy to me.

Well, UK fans (some of them) brought any scrutiny they may receive on themselves. You can't beat your chest about being ranked #1, having the best recruiting class ever, make 40-0 shirts and not expect people to say they were over rated if they fall short.

If they lost in the final four they're going to be deemed over rated?

To the large group of UK fans that EITHER compared then to the 2012 team, bought either the "Twinning" or 40-0 shirts, made fun of the defending National Champions over a close loses at Rupp or continually calls UL little brother, then yes. You can call this team overrated. Sometimes I hate being a UK fan and having to justify all the stupid Wildcat fan's stances.

Well, UK fans (some of them) brought any scrutiny they may receive on themselves. You can't beat your chest about being ranked #1, having the best recruiting class ever, make 40-0 shirts and not expect people to say they were over rated if they fall short.

I feel most say they are overrated whenever they lose in the tournament before the final 4. But yeah, I agree, the 40-0 shirts especially were the tipping point for being obnoxious.

That is true, but what is also true is Duke will never be awarded a 16 seed. I looked at all the seedings they've received since their first title in 91 and they have averaged being a 2 seed every year they've been in the tournament. Which is way too high.

Duke was ranked too high this year and it showed.

It's a great way to start off the weekend!!!!

I do wish I was at Rupp, I do feel bad for PP92 and I'd buy him lunch today. Hate seeing good guys have to put up with yet another early exit for their team.

I feel so very sorry for you, that you allow your hatred for a team that is 100's of miles away, not a rival, etc....to consume you so much. Why allow for so much negative energy to flow through your body, it's completely unhealthy and oh so telling, at the same time......it is truly a tragic scenario.

After listening to some pundits, I wasn't very confident in this game. Duke really has some amazing talent, but very suspect guard play, and it bit them hard today. It's an upsetting loss, but not a crazy surprise. Not nearly as bad as two years ago.

After listening to some pundits, I wasn't very confident in this game. Duke really has some amazing talent, but very suspect guard play, and it bit them hard today. It's an upsetting loss, but not a crazy surprise. Not nearly as bad as two years ago.

I honestly felt the same way. Again not making excuses. I was worried a bit about this team. I was hoping that Parker and Hood would click again and just dominate the games the way they should have. They didnt. The 4 minutes in the first half with 0 FG's and the 5 minutes in the second half with 0 FG's. This happens.

Oh well. Time to move on. I look forward to watching a fun NCAA tournament the rest of the way.

If you want to know why UK fans are the brunt of every hoops joke outside this state, this thread is spot on. Only Ohio State football fans rival you guys for the lead dog in the race for being pathetic. You don't care if UK loses, it's offset even greater by Duke losing? Your existence must be awful.

If you want to know why UK fans are the brunt of every hoops joke outside this state, this thread is spot on. Only Ohio State football fans rival you guys for the lead dog in the race for being pathetic. You don't care if UK loses, it's offset even greater by Duke losing? Your existence must be awful.

Welcome to BGP

If you want to know why UK fans are the brunt of every hoops joke outside this state' date=' this thread is spot on. Only Ohio State football fans rival you guys for the lead dog in the race for being pathetic. You don't care if UK loses, it's offset even greater by Duke losing? Your existence must be awful.[/quote']

Keep hatin bro. Love it.

Keep hatin bro. Love it.

Example A