Mercer 78 Duke 71

hrcarrier

If you want to know why UK fans are the brunt of every hoops joke outside this state, this thread is spot on. Only Ohio State football fans rival you guys for the lead dog in the race for being pathetic. You don't care if UK loses, it's offset even greater by Duke losing? Your existence must be awful.

If UK loses today I will be miserable until Reds season, and I think most UK folks would agree. I couldn't have cared less if Duke won today, but its fun to make light of them losing because its Duke. If UK loses today Duke losing would be the least of my thoughts.

I bet you take great joy when UK loses.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You wont hear any excuses from us Duke fans. That was pathetic. Ill visit this board when its readable again in 2 weeks. I can only hope this might bring Parker back for next year.

Not going to happen and it shouldn't. Parker might be the #1 pick in the draft. He is crazy if he comes back. He can get his money, buy Duke University and give himself a diploma.

Edited by Voice of Reason

I smiled when Duke lost. I'm pretty satisfied with my existence. Grizzly you commented on the first six UK losses immediately , so please stop with this holier than thou baloney.

Sure there a couple of UK fans that ate unhealthily obsessed with Duke, but the majority of us just dislike them. Just like my YorK, Pitt, and Florida friends dislike them. I'm being quite simplistic here but there are two types of Duke fans I know.

1. They have no affiliation yet became in love with them because I don't know?

2.They went to Duke, are condescending, and have not one inkling of knowledge about the game of basketball.

That being said, it's absolutely insane to say you'd pick a duke loss over a UK win.

I smiled when Duke lost. I'm pretty satisfied with my existence. Grizzly you commented on the first six UK losses immediately , so please stop with this holier than thou baloney.

Sure there a couple of UK fans that ate unhealthily obsessed with Duke, but the majority of us just dislike them. Just like my YorK, Pitt, and Florida friends dislike them. I'm being quite simplistic here but there are two types of Duke fans I know.

1. They have no affiliation yet became in love with them because I don't know?

2.They went to Duke, are condescending, and have not one inkling of knowledge about the game of basketball.

That being said, it's absolutely insane to say you'd pick a duke loss over a UK win.

For the bolded. Could you say this about any sports team EVER?

As for the me joking about the 40-0, that was no doubt making fun of certain UK fans that are the same ones blasting Duke in this thread.

You're going just going to keep dismissing the fact that UK went from #1 to unranked, aren't you? :lol2:

No. Not at all. But what you fail to realize as I've already said is no one truly knows who is best before the season even starts. If they did then that team would win the tourney every year. So preseason rankings mean nothing. UK finished out of the top 25. Doesn't sound line they are overrated now, sounds like they are ranked where they should be now. Duke on the other hand, not so much. So it's Duke that is overrated more now is t it?

And I would think if UK was in the ACC they would have more losses than they already do.

As a non Duke, non UK fan, UK was more overrated than Duke. Your blue glasses are hindering your view.

I know you love the RPI so how about this?

Duke

v RPI Top 25: 5-5 (.500)

v RPI Top 50: 6-5 (.545)

v RPI Top 100: 12-6 (.667)

v RPI Top 150: 17-8 (.680)

v RPI Sub 150: 9-0 (1.000)

UK

v RPI Top 25: 1-5 (.167)

v RPI Top 50: 4-6 (.400)

v RPI Top 100: 14-9 (.609)

v RPI Top 150: 18-10 (.643)

v RPI Sub 150: 6-0 (1.000)

Duke outperformed UK in all the RPI opponent categories but you want to say they are more overrated than a team that was #1 and finished unranked? :lol:

Those numbers are closer than I would have expected. You actually helped make Hellbird's point that the spread between Duke's seeding and UK's was way out of wack.

Personally, I definitely say UK was more overrated than Duke at the start of the season. I say Duke was more overrated than UK heading into the tournament, especially since UK is underrated heading into the tournament. I also think the ACC was overrated this year and the SEC was better than people think (not that they were really good, just better than people think).

For the bolded. Could you say this about any sports team EVER?

As for the me joking about the 40-0, that was no doubt making fun of certain UK fans that are the same ones blasting Duke in this thread.

All the UK fans I know went there. I'm aware the majority didn't go there (we're not a very educated state), but they are from the state. All I'm saying is you guys dislike UK just as much as we dislike Louisville and Duke. Sure there's some crazies, but for the most part, there's just mutual dislike.

I'm sure you guys won't be too devastated when the Cats stomp on my heart inevitably, but I won't take it personal. It's just sports.

I feel so very sorry for you, that you allow your hatred for a team that is 100's of miles away, not a rival, etc....to consume you so much. Why allow for so much negative energy to flow through your body, it's completely unhealthy and oh so telling, at the same time......it is truly a tragic scenario.

Thank you, Dr. Laura.

If you want to know why UK fans are the brunt of every hoops joke outside this state, this thread is spot on. Only Ohio State football fans rival you guys for the lead dog in the race for being pathetic. You don't care if UK loses, it's offset even greater by Duke losing? Your existence must be awful.

And Dr. Laura, Jr.

So preseason rankings mean nothing. UK finished out of the top 25. Doesn't sound line they are overrated now, sounds like they are ranked where they should be now. Duke on the other hand, not so much. So it's Duke that is overrated more now is t it?

This.