March 17, 201412 yr I'm still trying to figure out what UMass did to get a 6 seed, not to mention getting one opposite two play in teams. 8-4 vs other tournament teams, UK was 3-6.
March 17, 201412 yr Was Mich St healthy when they barely beat UK? I really do not know because I didn't watch the game, nor do I start watching seriously until the past week or so. I heard that they were healthy now on the shows tonight, so eveidently they had injuries some time during the year. I also remember they have a lot of returning players from last year, plus I think Izzo prepares better than anyone for the post season, the only one close to him is Pitino.
March 17, 201412 yr NCST SOS was 31. SMU was 113. NCAA seems to reward teams that test themselves over teams that do not. I like that. SoS is interesting at best. Its the accomplishments that matter. SoS is not a measure of any accomplishment and as such has very limited value. SoS is almost a tool used by the committee to rationalize bias. Clearly SMU competed better against top 100 RPI teams and in a very direct comparison SMU played a #1 seed to a highly competative 3 point game. NC State played the same opponent to a 31 point game. The SMU/NC State decision exposes the human bias that comes into play each year.
March 17, 201412 yr On their bracketology show he (Dicky V) did have KY in the elite 8 I've been corrected. I was trying to type them in so fast that I missed that.
March 17, 201412 yr 8-4 vs other tournament teams, UK was 3-6. It's not comparing apples to apples though, since not all tournament teams are of the same caliber.
March 17, 201412 yr I've been corrected. I was trying to type them in so fast that I missed that. no problem
March 17, 201412 yr 8-4 vs other tournament teams, UK was 3-6. But the quality of teams are much different. We have Florida/Michigan State/North Carolina to St.Louis /Dayton/ St. Joe.
March 17, 201412 yr Kansas with 9 losses and a 2 seed...rediculous. With Embiid's injury and 9 losses, a 4-5 seed would have been more appropriate. I remember when UC lost the #1 seed several years ago when their star (can't think of his name right now) hurt his knee in the last game of the conference tourney. Kansas will be lucky to see week 2. Edited March 17, 201412 yr by 30dad
March 17, 201412 yr Kansas with 9 losses and a 2 seed...rediculous. With Embiid's injury and 9 losses a 4-5 seed would have been more appropriate. I remember when UC lost the #1 seed several years ago when their star (can't think of his name right now) hurt his knee in the last game of the conference tourney. Kansas will be lucky to see week 2.Kenyon Martin, broke his leg if I recall correctly.
March 17, 201412 yr Kenyon Martin, broke his leg if I recall correctly. Yep...Kenyon Martin's who it was. Thanks.
March 17, 201412 yr It has not mentioned yet on here. The NCAA hates Coach Cal for what he stands for and the attitude on the one and done thing. They also don't like UK that much and there you go. A #8 seed in the toughest bracket. I think that #8 seed is right on. The real team from the state if Kentucky that got screwed was Louisville!
March 17, 201412 yr Couple things taken away from this selection: 1) Some pockets, wallets, bank accounts, etc. definitely got thicker than they were after selections were made. 2) The last team standing in the Midwest will win it.
March 17, 201412 yr I think that #8 seed is right on. The real team from the state if Kentucky that got screwed was Louisville! I agree completely. Although I think UK could of been a 6, the real crime was UL getting a 4 when they should of had a 2 at worst. The sham is the ACC. I could see ACC having 4 teams in and they are Va, Duke, NC, and Syracuse. No way Puitt or NC State should be in. It's a joke. What else is a joke although those Duke fans seem to always ignore is the fact that this is the first year that Duke or UNC wasn't given a #1 seed, yet when I talk about the bias toward Duke that has been going on for years their fans act as if I'm talking out of my mouth. Duke getting a 3 and UL getting a 4 is a joke.
March 17, 201412 yr Couple things taken away from this selection: 1) Some pockets, wallets, bank accounts, etc. definitely got thicker than they were after selections were made. 2) The last team standing in the Midwest will win it. The Midwest is brutal, but don't over look the South. That bracket is pretty stacked at the top itself. South is no cake walk folks.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.