Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Selection Show

Featured Replies

Because it is an obvious waste of time. I'll tell you what though, you tell me what it would take to convince you that the ACC is the 3rd best conference and I'll prove it on your terms. Unless you tell me what it would take I'm not going to waste my time. If we're just going to go by the RPI only, then fine, you win. :thumb:

Just show me anything. That is all I asked.

 

You have gone on and on about how they are the third best and all you have gone by is your own opinion. You had nothing like stats or anything else to back up your claim.

 

I didn't just pick it put of thin air that they are the 5th best conference. I don't make things up like that. What I did do is did research and supplied you with what I found. I also asked you to at least do me the same courtesy and show me the information you have to back your claim they are the 3rd best. You couldn't and instead you reply with posts like the one you wrote here.

 

You've said on several occasions that it is a waste of time because it won't convince me to change my opinion which is false by the way.

 

You just use that as your excuse to not have to provide any substance whatsoever to back your claims so what do you do? You post replies like this last one.

 

Sorry I upset you by showing you exactly how I came to my conclusion instead of just pulling crap out of thin air. You asked what you should use, I don't care what you use, just use something instead of making things up for once. Give me anything to show me you actually did your research. I've asked that ever since you basically told others in here that I don't believe the truth and make things up. Or that I don't believe the truth or whatever.

 

I used the RPI, what did you use?

  • Replies 315
  • Views 29.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just show me anything. That is all I asked.

 

You have gone on and on about how they are the third best and all you have gone by is your own opinion. You had nothing like stats or anything else to back up your claim.

 

I didn't just pick it put of thin air that they are the 5th best conference. I don't make things up like that. What I did do is did research and supplied you with what I found. I also asked you to at least do me the same courtesy and show me the information you have to back your claim they are the 3rd best. You couldn't and instead you reply with posts like the one you wrote here.

 

You've said on several occasions that it is a waste of time because it won't convince me to change my opinion which is false by the way.

 

You just use that as your excuse to not have to provide any substance whatsoever to back your claims so what do you do? You post replies like this last one.

 

Sorry I upset you by showing you exactly how I came to my conclusion instead of just pulling crap out of thin air. You asked what you should use, I don't care what you use, just use something instead of making things up for once. Give me anything to show me you actually did your research. I've asked that ever since you basically told others in here that I don't believe the truth and make things up. Or that I don't believe the truth or whatever.

 

I used the RPI, what did you use?

 

My eyes.

 

Do you agree with every single ranking ever made? Was the BCS always right? Litkenhous? Cantrall? NFL Power Rankings? Andy Dalton projections? Why all of a sudden is the RPI the gospel of rankings? I'll be more than happy to hold you to this standard if that is the case. It's painfully obvious your anti-Duke/anti-ACC bias is your basis for using the RPI to suport your opinion.

 

Look at the teams in the Big East and tell me why and how they are better than the ACC right now. Hell.....WHO WON THE BIG EAST TOURNAMENT????? You do understand that UConn and UL aren't Big East teams? Syracuse is in the ACC. So is Pitt. Who is left as the top teams in the Big East? Seton Hall? Providence? You kidding me? :lol2:

 

It ain't 1985 anymore. Hell it ain't even 2013 anymore. :lol2:

My eyes.

 

 

So your Duke bias tells you they are in one of the best conferences this year and you used your eyes to come up with that while I actually used stats etc. to come up with my findings, yet I am the one who is always wrong according to you.

 

That is all I needed to know. Good job, you win. :clap:

So your Duke bias tells you they are in one of the best conferences this year and you used your eyes to come up with that while I actually used stats etc. to come up with my findings, yet I am the one who is always wrong according to you.

 

That is all I needed to know. Good job, you win. :clap:

 

What do you use to tell that Andy Dalton isn't any good? Stats say he is above average in the league and he lead his team to the playoffs. Again. Hmmmmmmm.......

 

 

And you ignore the whole post I made except for two words? Hmmmmmm..............

What do you use to tell that Andy Dalton isn't any good? Stats say he is above average in the league and he lead his team to the playoffs. Again. Hmmmmmmm.......

 

 

And you ignore the whole post I made except for two words? Hmmmmmm..............

I say Dalton is horrible when he plays in big games. What tells me he is horrible when it counts? Try a 44 QB Rating in allof his playoff games. How about 7 INT's to 1 TD in the postseason. Yes, those are stats and it is what it is.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what bad is.

 

Actually I made another post thanthe one I ended up using that responded to your entire post but it ended up being nothing more than the same stuff I already posted over and over again about you just saying what you are saying about the ACC on nothing but your feeling and no facts to back it up. I just didn't want to keep going round in circles with you because it is clear you already told everyone I don't know the truth so why even bother. You can't win a debate against someone who chooses to ignore facts yet claims the other person is "just wrong" because you have nothing better to say to prove your point. Trust me you didn't want to see my other post I made about your entire post. It broke down even more about how Duke has always been overrated and the number of #1 seeds they have received and the lack of final 4's when receiving those #1 seeds and the average seed Duke has gotten since 1979 compared to other teams and yet the % of championships compared to the high seedings they have always gotten etc.

 

Yea, you didn't want me to load a post with lots and lots of facts because we already know how those type of posts goes. So that is why I say you win. Who needs facts when we can simply go with what you think. Can't debate that type of logic.

I say Dalton is horrible when he plays in big games. What tells me he is horrible when it counts? Try a 44 QB Rating in allof his playoff games. How about 7 INT's to 1 TD in the postseason. Yes, those are stats and it is what it is.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what bad is.

 

Actually I made another post thanthe one I ended up using that responded to your entire post but it ended up being nothing more than the same stuff I already posted over and over again about you just saying what you are saying about the ACC on nothing but your feeling and no facts to back it up. I just didn't want to keep going round in circles with you because it is clear you already told everyone I don't know the truth so why even bother. You can't win a debate against someone who chooses to ignore facts yet claims the other person is "just wrong" because you have nothing better to say to prove your point. Trust me you didn't want to see my other post I made about your entire post. It broke down even more about how Duke has always been overrated and the number of #1 seeds they have received and the lack of final 4's when receiving those #1 seeds and the average seed Duke has gotten since 1979 compared to other teams and yet the % of championships compared to the high seedings they have always gotten etc.

 

Yea, you didn't want me to load a post with lots and lots of facts because we already know how those type of posts goes. So that is why I say you win. Who needs facts when we can simply go with what you think. Can't debate that type of logic.

 

And yet you still avoid post #302 when I mildy addressed a conference rated ahead of the ACC. :lol2:

 

As I said before, if I felt like I would get anywhere in a debate with you I'd but in the time, research and enrgy to prove my point but you never compromise. I even conceded using the RPI as a means to justify your point and you still say I am wrong.

 

 

The RPI says Duke is a 3 seed. Your thoughts.........

And yet you still avoid post #302 when I mildy addressed a conference rated ahead of the ACC. :lol2:

 

As I said before, if I felt like I would get anywhere in a debate with you I'd but in the time, research and enrgy to prove my point but you never compromise. I even conceded using the RPI as a means to justify your point and you still say I am wrong.

 

 

The RPI says Duke is a 3 seed. Your thoughts.........

Is Duke the ACC?

I thought we were talking about conferences.

 

I said I would admit I was wrong if you had any substance to prove me wrong. Yet you continue to not provide anything. I didn't ignore that post, it didn't talk about conferences and where they ranked. You just listed a bunch of different polls etc. you never showed me where they listed the best conferences. Do that and I can be swayed. Do nothing and I can't be swayed. You just jumped to conclusions that I wasn't going to budge even though you provided nothing to budge me.

 

 

You've said over and over again in numerous posts that I won't change my mind. Just more proof you are just saying things with zero proof.

 

PP92, It's not that difficult. Just show me a ranking that has stats etc. to form their ranking that shows the ACC as one of the best conferences this year. It's not that hard, show me any, show me Raliegh NC Enquirer newspaper showing me their rankings, show me anyones!!! That is all I've asked for. I haven't seen everyone's I just looked up the RPI's and used that to base my opinion on. You haven't done that and that is all I have asked.

 

Instead you just go on and on about nothing when all you have to do is give me a link to show the rankings of the conferences to support your side. That is it, it's not hard. If there isn't any then just admit it that there is nothing to back your opinion and then we can move on. That simple.

PP92, as I already said, you win, you persuaded me, the ACC is one of the best confernces this year. Now time to move on to the tournament. I love the tourney!!!!

Is Duke the ACC?

I thought we were talking about conferences.

 

I said I would admit I was wrong if you had any substance to prove me wrong. Yet you continue to not provide anything. I didn't ignore that post, it didn't talk about conferences and where they ranked. You just listed a bunch of different polls etc. you never showed me where they listed the best conferences. Do that and I can be swayed. Do nothing and I can't be swayed. You just jumped to conclusions that I wasn't going to budge even though you provided nothing to budge me.

 

 

You've said over and over again in numerous posts that I won't change my mind. Just more proof you are just saying things with zero proof.

 

PP92, It's not that difficult. Just show me a ranking that has stats etc. to form their ranking that shows the ACC as one of the best conferences this year. It's not that hard, show me any, show me Raliegh NC Enquirer newspaper showing me their rankings, show me anyones!!! That is all I've asked for. I haven't seen everyone's I just looked up the RPI's and used that to base my opinion on. You haven't done that and that is all I have asked.

 

Instead you just go on and on about nothing when all you have to do is give me a link to show the rankings of the conferences to support your side. That is it, it's not hard. If there isn't any then just admit it that there is nothing to back your opinion and then we can move on. That simple.

 

 

You are the master of deflection. :lol2:

You are the master of deflection. :lol2:

Haven't deflected anything.

 

I made a post, the post prior to this one from you that said you win, you convinced me without supplying any facts or stats of any kind except for your eye test that the ACC is one of the best confernces this year.

 

Probably said the same thing last year when they were somewhere around #5 then also. So I changed my stance. No compromise at all, just 110% behind the idea that the ACC is the best basketball conference in the country this year. All you're proof you supplied won me over. :thumb:

This thread hasn't gone back to being worth the read yet???

Haven't deflected anything.

 

I made a post, the post prior to this one from you that said you win, you convinced me without supplying any facts or stats of any kind except for your eye test that the ACC is one of the best confernces this year.

 

Probably said the same thing last year when they were somewhere around #5 then also. So I changed my stance. No compromise at all, just 110% behind the idea that the ACC is the best basketball conference in the country this year. All you're proof you supplied won me over. :thumb:

 

 

See....you don't ever listen!!!!! I said 3rd best. :no:

See....you don't ever listen!!!!! I said 3rd best. :no:

Haha. I was giving your conference even more praise. Thought you'd like that.

This thread hasn't gone back to being worth the read yet???

Nope.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.