Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Selection Show

Featured Replies

I agree completely. Although I think UK could of been a 6, the real crime was UL getting a 4 when they should of had a 2 at worst.

 

The sham is the ACC. I could see ACC having 4 teams in and they are Va, Duke, NC, and Syracuse. No way Puitt or NC State should be in. It's a joke.

 

What else is a joke although those Duke fans seem to always ignore is the fact that this is the first year that Duke or UNC wasn't given a #1 seed, yet when I talk about the bias toward Duke that has been going on for years their fans act as if I'm talking out of my mouth. Duke getting a 3 and UL getting a 4 is a joke.

 

No, the joke is that the Duke fans have said UL should be a 1 or a 2 and at worst a 3 and that Duke should be a 4 but yet you continue on seeing what you want to see and hearing what you you want to hear when it comes to Duke. You've proven many times that it doesn't matter what we say if we disagree with one of your assessments the conversation takes a nose dive and becomes a pointless conversation.

  • Replies 315
  • Views 29.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, the joke is that the Duke fans have said UL should be a 1 or a 2 and at worst a 3 and that Duke should be a 4 but yet you continue on seeing what you want to see and hearing what you you want to hear when it comes to Duke. You've proven many times that it doesn't matter what we say if we disagree with one of your assessments the conversation takes a nose dive and becomes a pointless conversation.

I've been pointing out all along how bias the committee has been and that Duke would be ranked too high even before the selections came out. I also made a reply to I think one of Duece's posts that said just that, and that was I was asking him and you what you all would think when UL gets screwed and Duke gets a higher seed (I said this before the seedings came out yesterday) because you all were too busy ragging me for saying Duke was given too much credit in all of this when you were trying to convince me that Duke plays in one of the best conferences.

 

Now that what I predicted came true you seem to b changing your story. why? Isn't what I predicted would happen actually happened? Yet you were giving me a hard time when I said just that before Sunday.

 

So sorry my friend, I am not just hearing what I want to hear, I nailed this one.

 

I would love to see a post of yours where you said just what you said you Duke fans were saying and that is that Duke should be seeded lower than UL. I only ask this because just yesterday after the Duke loss sweet 16 and Grizzly both had posts saying Duke should be a 2 seed, 3 seed at worst. So I didn't see one single post from a Duke fan saying UL should be seeded higher than Duke. Please prove me wrong since I just hear what I want to hear right?

Edited by Hellbird

Why is dUKe and N.C. never in the same bracket, but almost everytime UK and Louisvile are?

Why is dUKe and N.C. never in the same bracket, but almost everytime UK and Louisvile are?

Good question, I don't know.

Why is dUKe and N.C. never in the same bracket, but almost everytime UK and Louisvile are?

 

Good question, I don't know.

 

More ammunition for Kentucky vs. Louisville being the bigger rivalry, in my opinion.

Why is dUKe and N.C. never in the same bracket, but almost everytime UK and Louisvile are?

 

Not quite the same. UNC/Duke play twice a year and are in the same conference.

Why is dUKe and N.C. never in the same bracket, but almost every time UK and Louisville are?

 

First is conference, but secondly, how many times are they paired together? I do not recall many times.

  • Author
First is conference, but secondly, how many times are they paired together? I do not recall many times.

 

2012 is the only time I remember them playing in the tourney...

Why is dUKe and N.C. never in the same bracket, but almost everytime UK and Louisvile are?

 

The selection committee tries to avoid having teams from the same conference play each other before the Sweet 16. UK and UL aren't in the same conference.

 

This is all old news. You guys act like this is your first NCAA tournament or something. :lol2:

2012 is the only time I remember them playing in the tourney...

 

 

They very rarely seem to make it to play each other in the tournament seeing as how they are paired in the same bracket every year.

 

And wasn't that in the Final Four?

The selection committee tries to avoid having teams from the same conference play each other before the Sweet 16. UK and UL aren't in the same conference.

 

This is all old news. You guys act like this is your first NCAA tournament or something. :lol2:

Duh, I knew that lol....now I feel stupid!

2012 is the only time I remember them playing in the tourney...

 

Right, but they were not in the same bracket/region. The last time they played in the tournament was the Dream Game in '83.

I've been pointing out all along how bias the committee has been and that Duke would be ranked too high even before the selections came out. I also made a reply to I think one of Duece's posts that said just that, and that was I was asking him and you what you all would think when UL gets screwed and Duke gets a higher seed (I said this before the seedings came out yesterday) because you all were too busy ragging me for saying Duke was given too much credit in all of this when you were trying to convince me that Duke plays in one of the best conferences.

 

Now that what I predicted came true you seem to b changing your story. why? Isn't what I predicted would happen actually happened? Yet you were giving me a hard time when I said just that before Sunday.

 

So sorry my friend, I am not just hearing what I want to hear, I nailed this one.

 

I would love to see a post of yours where you said just what you said you Duke fans were saying and that is that Duke should be seeded lower than UL. I only ask this because just yesterday after the Duke loss sweet 16 and Grizzly both had posts saying Duke should be a 2 seed, 3 seed at worst. So I didn't see one single post from a Duke fan saying UL should be seeded higher than Duke. Please prove me wrong since I just hear what I want to hear right?

 

 

http://bluegrasspreps.com/college-basketball/cards-playing-1-a-274251-page2.html

 

 

Post 57.

No, the joke is that the Duke fans have said UL should be a 1 or a 2 and at worst a 3 and that Duke should be a 4

I still can't find those posts. I think I said Duke should be a 4 seed and was laughed at by you Duke fans. Haven't seen the Duke fans posts saying Duke should be a 4. What I've seen are posts saying Duke should be a 2 seed. 3 at worst.

Edited by Hellbird

Projected 1's: Florida, Arizona, Wichita State and Michigan

 

2's: Villanova, Duke, Wisconsin and Kansas

 

How in the world do you get Duke, Kansas and Wisconsin over Louisville and Virginia.

and Grizzly's post replying to my same post in that same thread

They will be either low 2 or high 3.

 

No clue. Hopefully the projections are wrong.

 

No where in those posts does it say Duke should be a 4 seed. The only hint it says is asking how Duke should be ranked above UL which is the same thing I've been asking all along. No where does it say Duke should be seeded at 4.

 

Actually here is sweet16's reply to my post in the Duke game thread about how I thought Duke should be a 4 seed after their loss yesterday.

4? No way. A 2 more than likely. No worse than a 3

And Grizzly's reply to the same post of mine about Duke being a 4 seed.

They will be either low 2 or high 3.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.