March 6, 201412 yr It's just my opinion, but from what I see of the twins, they're too slow, they make poor decisions with the basketball, and they seem as disinterested as I would be watching The Sound of Music on a Saturday Night. I don't know if any of that can be improved upon in one year, but I certainly hope I'm wrong. I'm not trying to throw them under the bus, it's not their fault they were ranked so high. I'm blaming the people who had them ranked in those spots. Can anyone get paid to evaluate talent these days? That's what I think in both the college and NBA game. Basketball talent evaluators are among the worst people at their job of anyone anywhere. College scouts and rankings are no where near as bad as the NBA.
March 7, 201412 yr And growing up hopefully they shall do. I'm saying they're getting criticized because of where they were ranked coming in and the hype surrounding them. Have you forgotten about the "Twinning" shirts and the "Keep Calm the twins are coming?" I don't recall Liggins or Miller having shirts made about their arrival. People expected them to be normal freshmen. Most people did not expect that from the immortal twins. I agree but none of that means that they won't be excellent college players. I for one believe that if they stay they will be very good next year.
March 7, 201412 yr Andrew was never ever supposed to be on John Walls level. John Wall was very, very unique
March 7, 201412 yr Yep. Kentucky fans have been spoiled these last 4-5 years. The elite guys that have come in, have done so and performed like seasoned veterans, for the most part. Most freshman, at the majority of programs & at Kentucky until recently, struggle to find their niche until their second season, if not later. Look at some of the elite freshmen at other programs this year. I think of Matt Jones at Duke. He was much heralded, granted not near as much as the twins, but he rarely sees action. Amile Jefferson at Duke rarely saw action last year and this year he is a key contributor. I think everyone needs to step back and relax.
March 7, 201412 yr And growing up hopefully they shall do. I'm saying they're getting criticized because of where they were ranked coming in and the hype surrounding them. Have you forgotten about the "Twinning" shirts and the "Keep Calm the twins are coming?" I don't recall Liggins or Miller having shirts made about their arrival. People expected them to be normal freshmen. Most people did not expect that from the immortal twins. I think that is more because we are idiots as UK fans and many were "desperate" for something to grab onto and rally around towards the end of last season. End of the day, we are spoiled to think any top freshman coming to UK is going to be Wall, Cousins, MKG, Davis, and even Knight.
March 7, 201412 yr I think that is more because we are idiots as UK fans and many were "desperate" for something to grab onto and rally around towards the end of last season. End of the day' date=' we are spoiled to think any top freshman coming to UK is going to be Wall, Cousins, MKG, Davis, and even Knight.[/quote'] :thumb:
March 7, 201412 yr I think that is more because we are idiots as UK fans and many were "desperate" for something to grab onto and rally around towards the end of last season. End of the day, we are spoiled to think any top freshman coming to UK is going to be Wall, Cousins, MKG, Davis, and even Knight. We are also the same fan base that wants the best players, don't want them to leave early, and get upset when a freshman is good enough to leave early.
March 7, 201412 yr I know they struggle defensively at times, but on offense the twins can be tough to guard. If anything teams have now found a way to force them in to guarding themselves. I am in the minority, but I would like to see them shoot more in spots. There are about 2-3 times a game they pass up good looks from the perimeter and will drive it in to a wall.
March 7, 201412 yr I'm actually looking forward to the Twins returning. I like the potential lineup of the Harrisons, Booker, Lyles and Towns. That lineup should be a good shooting team, then probably having Johnson, Poythress, Ulis, Lee, Hawkins and others coming off the bench.
March 7, 201412 yr I'm actually looking forward to the Twins returning. I like the potential lineup of the Harrisons, Booker, Lyles and Towns. That lineup should be a good shooting team, then probably having Johnson, Poythress, Ulis, Lee, Hawkins and others coming off the bench. So you want to start 3 freshmen? I think Dakari has a chance to be a post beast.
March 7, 201412 yr If they return I hope we stop getting shots just thrown up in the air. It aint AAU anymore and it seems they aint figured that out yet.
March 7, 201412 yr I think the twins would benefit a ton from having a Doron Lamb (hopefully Booker can be that) on their team. I like James Young, but he takes some bad shots. Having a pure shooter could help those two a ton.
March 7, 201412 yr So you want to start 3 freshmen? I think Dakari has a chance to be a post beast. Yes if it means having an athletic front-line consisting of Lyles and Towns. They're both A LOT more athletic than Dakari. I'd bring Dakari off the bench to just wear down the opponent as a low post bruiser.
March 7, 201412 yr Yes if it means having an athletic front-line consisting of Lyles and Towns. They're both A LOT more athletic than Dakari. I'd bring Dakari off the bench to just wear down the opponent as a low post bruiser. Lyles and Towns are not high end athletes...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.