March 5, 201412 yr Author Regardless if he is ready Young is gone. He will be a top 15 pick. His game translates to the NBA. His turnover game, his poor shooting percentage game, or his no defense game?
March 5, 201412 yr A Meeks, Lamb, Delk type shooter? From the times I have watched him, he can be in that mold. Good mechanics and release can translate like Lamb if he takes the same type of quality shots that Lamb took...
March 5, 201412 yr Author From the times I have watched him' date=' he can be in that mold. Good mechanics and release can translate like Lamb if he takes the same type of quality shots that Lamb took...[/quote'] Thanks. I hope he can provide that.
March 5, 201412 yr Regardless if he is ready Young is gone. He will be a top 15 pick. His game translates to the NBA. I just don't see it. I know if I was an NBA GM there is no way I'm wasting a pick on Young or the Twins. Maybe a year or two from now, but not this year.
March 5, 201412 yr I just don't see it. I know if I was an NBA GM there is no way I'm wasting a pick on Young or the Twins. Maybe a year or two from now, but not this year. Twins I agree. But players leave every year all across college who aren't ready. Unless Mock drafts have changed in last few days I still see young going.
March 5, 201412 yr Tyler Ulis is a point guard & as LB said it's unlikely he's a one-and-doner. He's like 5'9" or something. Devin Booker is a 6'3ish 2-guard & also very likely a player who is in Lexington for a season or three or four. The other two big recruits are both front court players--Karl Towns & Trey Lyles. I don't know if they're one-and-doners, but they're much more likely to be than the back court kids. He is projected to be one. He is the one that played on the National team, that was 16, when Cal coached.
March 5, 201412 yr Obviously having never met the kid, my opinion could be way off base, but I think I'm going to love Karl Towns. Seems to have his heart fully in it and is going to work his butt off at UK. I think him and Dakari Johnson only make each other better. I'm excited about Booker and hope he brings a couple pairs of three goggles with him.
March 5, 201412 yr I've read numerous places that Towns can really stroke it. His game translates more to a Dirk type than the typical 7 footer, is that correct?
March 5, 201412 yr I've read numerous places that Towns can really stroke it. His game translates more to a Dirk type than the typical 7 footer, is that correct? Correct. Also, not sure who said it before, but the reasons guys go higher than they should in the draft is potential. Most teams aren't expecting to get much, if any impact from their rookies. But, I also agree that I don't see how James Young's game "translates" right now. He is really lacking on the basic fundamentals IMO.
March 5, 201412 yr I've read numerous places that Towns can really stroke it. His game translates more to a Dirk type than the typical 7 footer, is that correct? From what little I've seen of him, or more along a Durant type.
March 5, 201412 yr From what little I've seen of him, or more along a Durrant type. Yeah to adjust my previous comment the dirk aspect of his game I was saying correct to is that he can shoot and play on the outside a lot more than the typical 7 footer. Athletically, he's far quicker than Dirk but definitely not Durant by any means. He will be a very good player for UK I think and is still being underlooked nationally just because he played with the Dominican team a lot and not all over the AAU circuit like other guys.
March 5, 201412 yr I've read numerous places that Towns can really stroke it. His game translates more to a Dirk type than the typical 7 footer, is that correct? I've read that he can shoot pretty darn well for a 7 footer as well. Knocking down some three's in HS I think. Anyone know his free throw percentage? I'd imagine it would be better than our last couple of big fellas.
March 5, 201412 yr I'm probably one of the few UK fans left who thinks this season can still be successful but I just don't see the appeal to James Young. Someone please tell me what he does well. Inconsistent shooter, poor passer, a worse defender, and the thing that amazes me is he is one of the worst open court players I can remember. How in the world does his game translate to the NBA?
March 5, 201412 yr If the twins return I expect then to improve and I'll be a happy UK fan. But I don't see Booker or Ullis changing. Neither are one and done players anyway. If the Twins return (and they should) could be a step in the direction to allow Cal to build seasoned depth. Get the twins Dakari and Alex back and I'd be happy. The basketball IQ of those four combined is about 14.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.