Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What if the twins return?

Featured Replies

Twins I agree. But players leave every year all across college who aren't ready. Unless Mock drafts have changed in last few days I still see young going.

 

Latest mock at nbadraft.net (from 8 days ago) had Young at 22 to OKC. Draftexpress.com (from today) had him 23 to the Jazz. It would seem to me that his stock is falling. It becomes a question of does he want to get drafted in the first round or does he want to be a lottery pick? Because right now, it doesn't seem like he's going to be a lottery pick.

  • Replies 138
  • Views 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've read numerous places that Towns can really stroke it. His game translates more to a Dirk type than the typical 7 footer' date=' is that correct?[/quote']

 

He can shoot from 3. Skilled big. Lyles is also skilled.

From what little I've seen of him' date=' or more along a Durant type.[/quote']

 

Not that skilled nor as athletic.

I would bet that the twins staying cause some to de-commit. The twins are the sole reason Wiggins didn't consider UK. Say what you want about Wig, lookin pretty smart now. That's straight from the mouth of Prep's coach before this college basketball season ever tipped.

Latest mock at nbadraft.net (from 8 days ago) had Young at 22 to OKC. Draftexpress.com (from today) had him 23 to the Jazz. It would seem to me that his stock is falling. It becomes a question of does he want to get drafted in the first round or does he want to be a lottery pick? Because right now, it doesn't seem like he's going to be a lottery pick.

 

Coming back could definitely benefit him for a few reasons....1) 2014 class is nowhere near as strong as the 2013 in terms of NBA prospects, thus he'll have a better chance against a weaker draft class, and 2) if the NBA were to implement a 2 year rule, it would only weaken the class more, causing him to rise even further.

 

All that being said, I think there is next to no chance he comes back. WCS is the big mystery for me.

I would bet that the twins staying cause some to de-commit. The twins are the sole reason Wiggins didn't consider UK. Say what you want about Wig, lookin pretty smart now. That's straight from the mouth of Prep's coach before this college basketball season ever tipped.

 

I guarantee it doesn't impact the class in any way, shape, or form.

Could you all imagine any of UKs guards trying to guard someone like Chris Paul, Westbrook, etc :scared:

Edited by George Amberson
Forgot a word

Not that skilled nor as athletic.

 

I agree, but more that type than Dirk IMO

If WCS and Randle are the only ones gone then UK will be 2 deep at every position with experience at every position. Cal has never had a team like that.

 

Let's not even pretend Young is coming back. He should but probably won't. I think he'd make the biggest jump from one year to the next. Has a ton of potential but doesn't know how to play the game yet.

 

I think he usually plays hard and has some skills that translate but I agree with the assessment last night that he couldn't make an NBA roster for long as of now.

From what little I've seen of him, or more along a Durant type.

 

You do know that Kevin Durant is a once in a generation talent? He (KD) may be a huge TMac but there are no guys in his league in this class or any other that I've seen.

 

Towns is most likely a big that can shoot the three. Nothing more, nothing less. Not Dirk and certainly not KD. No wonder we're always disappointed with these freshmen. We have to compare them to future Hall of Famers.

This team seems to have more turnovers in traffic than any recent team...it seems we lose as many balls in the paint as we get up.

For the record, my Dirk comparison was simply a means to say he's a big that can play both inside and on the perimeter. People seriously took my post to say he was the same type of talent??? :ohbrother:

For the record, my Dirk comparison was simply a means to say he's a big that can play both inside and on the perimeter. People seriously took my post to say he was the same type of talent??? :ohbrother:

 

I knew what you meant, same thing I was saying about Durrant similar game not similar talent

For the record, my Dirk comparison was simply a means to say he's a big that can play both inside and on the perimeter. People seriously took my post to say he was the same type of talent??? :ohbrother:

 

Comparisons in the UK fanbase are too common IMO. Everyone has to be like someone. I'd rather just lower my expectations.

I knew what you meant, same thing I was saying about Durrant similar game not similar talent

 

So we can expect Towns to be a ball handler in a pick and role? To isolate on the wing and go to work? What's similar about them other than they're talk and have range?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.