Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What if the twins return?

Featured Replies

Freshmen. Nobody and I mean nobody shot worse or made more poor decisions than Liggins as a freshman and he turned out ok. Look at Tony Delks freshman year, rarely played. Darius Miller didn't figure it out until sometime in his senior year.

 

I hope they come back because I think they will eventually be great college players.

 

Miller IMO played really well his junior year, especially when it came to his perimeter game.

  • Replies 138
  • Views 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When the twins announced they were coming to UK they said we are going to play basketball the next four years at Kentucky. Maybe they knew they weren't ready to go pro. LOL

 

or, they are being paid by Pitino to sabotage the program.

Miller IMO played really well his junior year, especially when it came to his perimeter game.

 

I agree but he has stretches during his senior year where he was nonexistent.

A Meeks, Lamb, Delk type shooter?

 

For the record:

 

Meeks shot 36 and 32% from the 3 point distance his freshman and soph seasons and averaged 8.7 and 8.8 points

 

Delk shot 35.2, 37.4 his first two seasons and was a 70.88% career free throw shooter.

Can any of next year's recruits play big time defense? Our guards can't/won't play man to man and the games depend on which WCS shows up that night.

Do you think that is good or bad?

 

bad

I thought Liggins was a 5 star, maybe not top 5 but he was pretty highly rated.

 

I was thinking he was a four star when the last rankings came out, but I could be wrong.

I was thinking he was a four star when the last rankings came out, but I could be wrong.

 

Correct. 4 star.

If the twins come back, I'd like to see them lose about 10 pounds each and get lean and mean, turn into bulldogs on defense and let their offensive game worry about itself. I'd also like to see someone somehow inject a little heart into them and their teammates.

It's just my opinion, but from what I see of the twins, they're too slow, they make poor decisions with the basketball, and they seem as disinterested as I would be watching The Sound of Music on a Saturday Night. I don't know if any of that can be improved upon in one year, but I certainly hope I'm wrong. I'm not trying to throw them under the bus, it's not their fault they were ranked so high. I'm blaming the people who had them ranked in those spots. Can anyone get paid to evaluate talent these days?

I think some of you have forgotten what the typical freshman looks like. Go look at the list of Rivals rated 5 star players and tell me how many of them have been better than the UK freshmen. Kasey Hill, Jarell Martin, Bobby Portis, Robert Hubbs, Austin Nichols, Keith Frazier, and on and on.

I think some of you have forgotten what the typical freshman looks like. Go look at the list of Rivals rated 5 star players and tell me how many of them have been better than the UK freshmen. Kasey Hill, Jarell Martin, Bobby Portis, Robert Hubbs, Austin Nichols, Keith Frazier, and on and on.

 

Andrew Harrison was a top 5 rated player in what some have called the greatest recruiting class of all time. He was supposed to be John Wall from day one. Like I said, it's not his fault, but he wasn't billed as a typical freshman.

Andrew Harrison was a top 5 rated player in what some have called the greatest recruiting class of all time. He was supposed to be John Wall from day one. Like I said, it's not his fault, but he wasn't billed as a typical freshman.

 

I guess I don't understand what their rating has to do with their future. Liggins, Lamb, Miller, Meeks, and Hawkins were not 5 stars and they turned out ok. Give them some time to grow up.

I guess I don't understand what their rating has to do with their future. Liggins, Lamb, Miller, Meeks, and Hawkins were not 5 stars and they turned out ok. Give them some time to grow up.

 

And growing up hopefully they shall do. I'm saying they're getting criticized because of where they were ranked coming in and the hype surrounding them. Have you forgotten about the "Twinning" shirts and the "Keep Calm the twins are coming?" I don't recall Liggins or Miller having shirts made about their arrival. People expected them to be normal freshmen. Most people did not expect that from the immortal twins.

I think some of you have forgotten what the typical freshman looks like. Go look at the list of Rivals rated 5 star players and tell me how many of them have been better than the UK freshmen. Kasey Hill, Jarell Martin, Bobby Portis, Robert Hubbs, Austin Nichols, Keith Frazier, and on and on.

 

Yep. Kentucky fans have been spoiled these last 4-5 years. The elite guys that have come in, have done so and performed like seasoned veterans, for the most part. Most freshman, at the majority of programs & at Kentucky until recently, struggle to find their niche until their second season, if not later.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.