Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach K's replacement

Featured Replies

Saw PP92 and other duke fans bring this up in another topic. So I was wondering who you guys think is going to be the heir to the thrown. Duke fans I wonder who you want and who is the most likely.

  • Replies 124
  • Views 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Collins could be an option, depending upon how long Krzyzewski stays at Duke and what type of success Collins has at Northwestern. And before anyone knocks Collins or Johnny Dawkins at Stanford for lack of success, remember that Coach K wasn't exactly a hot commodity coming out of Army.

Off topic but Duke related:

Duke is 4th in the country and 4th in the ACC

How is that possible?

:isurrender:

Wojo has stayed loyal, Dawkins or Collins if he does well at Nw. Ammaker has done a nice job at Harvard. They will keep it in the Blue Devil family!

Don't forget Amaker! I also agree with Collins if he does well. I think Dawkins is possible but less likely. Regardless, I bet it stays "in the family."

 

Wow, all three of these former players (and assistants) go on from Duke to be head coaches at Northwestern, Stanford and Harvard. Can you say academic excellence?

Off topic but Duke related:

Duke is 4th in the country and 4th in the ACC

How is that possible?

:isurrender:

It's Duke. The only team in college basketball that can lose a game and move up in rankings.

Off topic but Duke related:

Duke is 4th in the country and 4th in the ACC

How is that possible?

:isurrender:

 

Because they are dUKe

Wojo has stayed loyal, Dawkins or Collins if he does well at Nw. Ammaker has done a nice job at Harvard. They will keep it in the Blue Devil family!

 

Wojo has stayed loyal because he hasn't been offered any of the jobs he interviewed for. Took Collins forever to get a gig, and that was with Doug working his tail off to get him hired. Coach K's tree hasn't exactly been fruitful.

 

Coach K is a CEO, hard to replicate that elsewhere. I agree they'll keep it in-house, and I would have said it would have been Dawkins if he had any success whatsoever. Now....who knows.

Wojo has stayed loyal because he hasn't been offered any of the jobs he interviewed for. Took Collins forever to get a gig, and that was with Doug working his tail off to get him hired. Coach K's tree hasn't exactly been fruitful.

 

Coach K is a CEO, hard to replicate that elsewhere. I agree they'll keep it in-house, and I would have said it would have been Dawkins if he had any success whatsoever. Now....who knows.

Do they pull Quinn Snydor out of the d-league coaching ranks?

I don't understand the whole "keep it in the family" mentality. K has created the college basketball superpower at Duke. I would pursue the best, realistic option available & not make it a prerequisite that the candidate have ties to Duke.

 

Of course, since they don't care what I think, I'm guessing Dawkins.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.