Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach K's replacement

Featured Replies

Bill Guthridge

Tubby Smith

Joe B. Hall

Roy Williams

 

Tubby Smith? Now THAT's funny!!!! :lol:

  • Replies 124
  • Views 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be shocked to see Brad Stevens fall right in their lap.

Tubby Smith? Now THAT's funny!!!! :lol:

 

It took a couple of 10 loss seasons at the end of his tenure to ruin his top winning percentage at UK. He took over after Pitino and is from the Pitino family of coaches. Won a title while at UK. I'd be thrilled if one of the Duke coaches won a title in year one of taking over after Coach K.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Brad Stevens fall right in their lap.

 

He's another non-Duke guy I would approve of.

 

Hell, that list may be:

 

Billy Donovan

Brad Stevens

 

 

Who else is there without prior Duke affiliation that would take the job and is worthy of consideration?

I still feel Coach K's replacement will be hand picked by him and I don't have a problem with that.

He's another non-Duke guy I would approve of.

 

Hell, that list may be:

 

Billy Donovan

Brad Stevens

 

 

Who else is there without prior Duke affiliation that would take the job and is worthy of consideration?

 

Mark Few?

Only other person I would add to your list PP would be Shaka Smart and thats a personal opinion. Those would be probably the only coaches outside of the family I think I would approve of.

If I were forced to pick a former player....it's Johnny Dawkins by far.

 

Reasons follow:

 

1 - African American

2 - Retired Jersey

3 - Successful at a school with high academic standards

 

If hypotheically he retired tomorrow, Dawkins would be my choice as well.

Only other person I would add to your list PP would be Shaka Smart and thats a personal opinion. Those would be probably the only coaches outside of the family I think I would approve of.

 

I was thinking of him also. And I feel the same. Those 3 would probably be it for me.

Only other person I would add to your list PP would be Shaka Smart and thats a personal opinion. Those would be probably the only coaches outside of the family I think I would approve of.

 

Shaka is good and he has been smart to turn down some of the jobs that have come up.

He's another non-Duke guy I would approve of.

 

Hell, that list may be:

 

Billy Donovan

Brad Stevens

 

 

Who else is there without prior Duke affiliation that would take the job and is worthy of consideration?

 

Sean Miller?

I can't help but think Coach K told Wojo something like this:

 

"Go take the Marquette job and get your feet wet as a head coach. I'll be leaving in 2-3 years and you're my guy then."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.