Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach K's replacement

Featured Replies

Yeah well, you ain't in the family. Maybe he'll take over for Cal when he goes to the Knicks next year. :lol2:

 

You're so dead set on keeping it in the family...you do realize the school that is notorious for doing that, right? I think you want to be just like them. :wave:

  • Replies 124
  • Views 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're so dead set on keeping it in the family...you do realize the school that is notorious for doing that, right? I think you want to be just like them. :wave:

 

Some things can only be handled by those who know what it means to be a member in that family. I don't know which school you are talking about but I have zero problems with being called a "copycat" when it comes to keeping it in the family. Those are the people who know exactly what Duke basketball is all about and those ones that played and coached under Coach K should know exactly how to perserve the program that he elevated to the level it is at now.

 

 

I hate you. :lol2:

Some things can only be handled by those who know what it means to be a member in that family. I don't know which school you are talking about but I have zero problems with being called a "copycat" when it comes to keeping it in the family. Those are the people who know exactly what Duke basketball is all about and those ones that played and coached under Coach K should know exactly how to perserve the program that he elevated to the level it is at now.

 

 

I hate you. :lol2:

 

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

 

Whatever you say, UNC wannabe.

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

 

Whatever you say, UNC wannabe.

 

You can get out too

If Duke stays in house they will just be a regular Division 1 college. Except for 2010 and the late 80's ,early 90's they are basically that now. As much as I like K, he has underacheieved way too much for me, they should be expected to be Elite 8, at the least every year and every year I pick them to go out in the 2nd or 3rd round and will do the same next year with all that talent, Jabari included

I don't think Donavon is leaving Florida, especially if he get's #3 this weekend. He could stay right where he is and win 900 games, maybe another title or two and honestly end up a legend in the sport without ever having to pack up and leave.

 

Florida is still a football school,always will be

If Duke stays in house they will just be a regular Division 1 college. Except for 2010 and the late 80's ,early 90's they are basically that now. As much as I like K, he has underacheieved way too much for me, they should be expected to be Elite 8, at the least every year and every year I pick them to go out in the 2nd or 3rd round and will do the same next year with all that talent, Jabari included

 

That 2010 team talent wise is likely one of the least talented teams Coach K has ever had while at Duke.

 

My expectations change for each team every season. The only team I have been disappointed in was the 2011 team. Other than that I haven't been surprised with the outcome of any season. I was surprised in 2010.

If Duke stays in house they will just be a regular Division 1 college. Except for 2010 and the late 80's ,early 90's they are basically that now. As much as I like K, he has underacheieved way too much for me, they should be expected to be Elite 8, at the least every year and every year I pick them to go out in the 2nd or 3rd round and will do the same next year with all that talent, Jabari included

This is one of the silliest posts of all time on BGP......You can play this game with anyone....

 

Well except for all that success in the 50's and 60's, and that good '78 team, and the occasional good '96, '98, and '12 team, UK has been very very average......

 

Please tell me you are joking with such garbage.

Duke needs exceptional guard play to make noise in the tourney, that has been lacking here lately......if Kyrie were healthy all year, I feel they would've made a strong case to repeat.....alas it didn't happen....too many people make generalized statements as if it's easy to get to the Elite 8 every year.

Duke needs exceptional guard play to make noise in the tourney, that has been lacking here lately......if Kyrie were healthy all year, I feel they would've made a strong case to repeat.....alas it didn't happen....too many people make generalized statements as if it's easy to get to the Elite 8 every year.

 

 

Exactly.

 

Some people take for granted that this run that Cal is on is what is supposed to happen every year at elite programs. It's not that simple or easy at all.

This is one of the silliest posts of all time on BGP......You can play this game with anyone....

 

Well except for all that success in the 50's and 60's, and that good '78 team, and the occasional good '96, '98, and '12 team, UK has been very very average......

 

Please tell me you are joking with such garbage.

 

I have completely lost faith in K as a Coach long before the embarrassing losses to Lehigh and Mercer. Duke should have never lost to UConn and Indiana(forget the years), but at least they were in the Final 4 I believe. No one is a bigger fan or basher of Duke than myself. I have taken up for them more than I can recall over all of the many things that come with Duke, whether it be referees,Vitale,Laettner,etc. anything stupid or inmature that others fan bases dwell on year after year, but I have no answer for all of K's underachieving basically since UK and Tubby upset them in the late 90's. There is no answer for early exit losses after great seasons to Eastern Michigan,VCU,Belmont,Lehigh and Mercer since then. I have absolutely zero confidence that with what they have next year that the results won't be the same

I have completely lost faith in K as a Coach long before the embarrassing losses to Lehigh and Mercer. Duke should have never lost to UConn and Indiana(forget the years), but at least they were in the Final 4 I believe. No one is a bigger fan or basher of Duke than myself. I have taken up for them more than I can recall over all of the many things that come with Duke, whether it be referees,Vitale,Laettner,etc. anything stupid or inmature that others fan bases dwell on year after year, but I have no answer for all of K's underachieving basically since UK and Tubby upset them in the late 90's. There is no answer for early exit losses after great seasons to Eastern Michigan,VCU,Belmont,Lehigh and Mercer since then. I have absolutely zero confidence that with what they have next year that the results won't be the same
Since they lost to Tubby in 1998, his resume is as follows:

 

2 titles

4 final fours

1 elite eight

7 sweet 16's

 

That's hall of fame, ALONE.

I have completely lost faith in K as a Coach long before the embarrassing losses to Lehigh and Mercer. Duke should have never lost to UConn and Indiana(forget the years), but at least they were in the Final 4 I believe. No one is a bigger fan or basher of Duke than myself. I have taken up for them more than I can recall over all of the many things that come with Duke, whether it be referees,Vitale,Laettner,etc. anything stupid or inmature that others fan bases dwell on year after year, but I have no answer for all of K's underachieving basically since UK and Tubby upset them in the late 90's. There is no answer for early exit losses after great seasons to Eastern Michigan,VCU,Belmont,Lehigh and Mercer since then. I have absolutely zero confidence that with what they have next year that the results won't be the same

 

Wow. You're a Duke fan and you're mad about 5 losses that happened over a 16 year time span? Wow. It's probably a good thing you aren't a fan of any other top program as I believe they all have been to the NIT at least once since 1998 or have underachieved at some point in that same time span.

 

Tough crowd.......

 

The Indiana loss was 2002 at Rupp. The UConn loss was 2004 I believe and Duke was actually an underdog in that game. Duhon nailed a meaningless 3 at the end of the game and it didn't allow the spread to be covered. That meaningless 3 ruined everyone who bet on UConn to cover. :lol2:

Since they lost to Tubby in 1998, his resume is as follows:

 

2 titles

4 final fours

1 elite eight

7 sweet 16's

 

That's hall of fame, ALONE.

 

But yet he mentions Fred Hoiberg as a Coach K replacement. :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.