Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach K's replacement

Featured Replies

How much longer will K stay at Duke?

 

Will he go for the Men's coaching record of 1169 held by Gene Bess or the Div 1 record of 1098 currently held by Pay Summit?

  • Replies 124
  • Views 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I were a Duke fan, not a single name on that list would excite me. Amaker was awful at a big-time program, Dawkins has really struggled (until this year's tournament) at Stanford, and the other 3 are completely untested.

 

Amaker is doing fine at Harvard. I believe he has won the Ivy League 3 years in a row and he defeated Cincy in the first round this year. Progress. They don't have schalrships in the Ivy League either, do they?

 

Dawkins seems to be finding his way.

 

The other 3 are untested yes, I'm not saying they should get the Duke job next year.

 

 

All of those names excite me. I want it kept in the family first.

How much longer will K stay at Duke?

 

Will he go for the Men's coaching record of 1169 held by Gene Bess or the Div 1 record of 1098 currently held by Pay Summit?

 

I'd guess that as long as his health allows him he'll continue to coach.

I'll throw this out there to PP92, RockPride and Grizzly.

 

Do any of the former Duke players excite you as being Coach K's replacement?

I can't believe no one has mentioned Jay Bilas. He has all the answers!

I can't believe no one has mentioned Jay Bilas. He has all the answers!

 

I know you're being sarcastic, but I believe

Bilas is the best color man in the game . He is very knowledgable, and very unbiased.

I'll throw this out there to PP92, RockPride and Grizzly.

 

Do any of the former Duke players excite you as being Coach K's replacement?

 

Right now as far as all the former players, I feel none of them is head and shoulders above the rest of em. If he retired today, I would want them to look elsewhere . I don't feel any Dukies are ready just yet. There could be a time in the next 5 years when I think someone will be ready but as far as right now, I'm not so sure.

 

I think Coach K will retire when he sees someone is ready IMO. Until then he will stay at the helm.

I'll throw this out there to PP92, RockPride and Grizzly.

 

Do any of the former Duke players excite you as being Coach K's replacement?

 

They all excite me. Keep it in the family.

They all excite me. Keep it in the family.

 

Yeah, but your easily excited!

They all excite me. Keep it in the family.

 

Matt Doherty

Matt Doherty

 

Pat Knight

Sean Sutton

Joker Phillips and on and on

Billy Donavon will be the Duke Coach when K retires

If I were forced to pick a former player....it's Johnny Dawkins by far.

 

Reasons follow:

 

1 - African American

2 - Retired Jersey

3 - Successful at a school with high academic standards

Billy Donavon will be the Duke Coach when K retires

 

I could handle that. Of all the elite coaches he is the only one I could see leaving for Duke and one of the few that I could see Duke going after.

Matt Doherty

 

Pat Knight

Sean Sutton

Joker Phillips and on and on

 

Bill Guthridge

Tubby Smith

Joe B. Hall

Roy Williams

Jimbo Fisher

Edited by PurplePride92

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.