April 4, 201412 yr Wow. You're a Duke fan and you're mad about 5 losses that happened over a 16 year time span? Wow. It's probably a good thing you aren't a fan of any other top program as I believe they all have been to the NIT at least once since 1998 or have underachieved at some point in that same time span. Tough crowd....... The Indiana loss was 2002 at Rupp. The UConn loss was 2004 I believe and Duke was actually an underdog in that game. Duhon nailed a meaningless 3 at the end of the game and it didn't allow the spread to be covered. That meaningless 3 ruined everyone who bet on UConn to cover. :lol2: And you guys thought Kentucky fans were unrealistic....:lol2:
April 4, 201412 yr Wow. You're a Duke fan and you're mad about 5 losses that happened over a 16 year time span? Wow. It's probably a good thing you aren't a fan of any other top program as I believe they all have been to the NIT at least once since 1998 or have underachieved at some point in that same time span. Tough crowd....... The Indiana loss was 2002 at Rupp. The UConn loss was 2004 I believe and Duke was actually an underdog in that game. Duhon nailed a meaningless 3 at the end of the game and it didn't allow the spread to be covered. That meaningless 3 ruined everyone who bet on UConn to cover. :lol2: As a Duke fan, while only 23 years old these are the biggest Duke losses for me. I will always remember these losses. Goodness, today is bad for me. I have to be reminded of these losses AND Josh McRoberts... I need a beer
April 4, 201412 yr As a Duke fan, while only 23 years old these are the biggest Duke losses for me. I will always remember these losses. Goodness, today is bad for me. I have to be reminded of these losses AND Josh McRoberts... I need a beer Shavelik. Randolph.
April 4, 201412 yr I have completely lost faith in K as a Coach long before the embarrassing losses to Lehigh and Mercer. Duke should have never lost to UConn and Indiana(forget the years), but at least they were in the Final 4 I believe. No one is a bigger fan or basher of Duke than myself. I have taken up for them more than I can recall over all of the many things that come with Duke, whether it be referees,Vitale,Laettner,etc. anything stupid or inmature that others fan bases dwell on year after year, but I have no answer for all of K's underachieving basically since UK and Tubby upset them in the late 90's. There is no answer for early exit losses after great seasons to Eastern Michigan,VCU,Belmont,Lehigh and Mercer since then. I have absolutely zero confidence that with what they have next year that the results won't be the same With this opinion, do you think its time to let Coach K go?
April 4, 201412 yr Since they lost to Tubby in 1998, his resume is as follows: 2 titles 4 final fours 1 elite eight 7 sweet 16's That's hall of fame, ALONE. You must be happy with mediocrity because that's what 2 titles in 17 years is with the talent they have year in and year out and those 5 embarrassing losses completely take out the 7 sweet 16's(even though I don't count those anyone,c'mon). We are talking Duke standards here, not Wisconsin or someone similar. I don't think any fan of a major pro team or college would be happy with this record when you favored to win everything or at least come close year in and year out
April 4, 201412 yr You must be happy with mediocrity because that's what 2 titles in 17 years is with the talent they have year in and year out and those 5 embarrassing losses completely take out the 7 sweet 16's(even though I don't count those anyone,c'mon). We are talking Duke standards here, not Wisconsin or someone similar. I don't think any fan of a major pro team or college would be happy with this record when you favored to win everything or at least come close year in and year out How many titles, Final Fours, Elite 8s and Sweet 16 appearances do: Kentucky Kansas UCLA Indiana Louisville North Carolina Wisconsin(since you mentioned them) Florida Michigan State Syracuse UConn Any team you want to throw in..... have in that same time period? This isn't the NBA. There are no 7 games series. It's one and done. That's it. How that doesn't factor in to your thought process is mind blowing. With your thought process you aren't a fan of any school. None of them will be good enough for you. Sit back and do the research and you'll see very few if any schools that have that same number of appearances since 1998. You act like Duke is the only school that has had top talent. Hell.....I think only one school has more than one title since 1998.....Florida..... I'll always remember JJ and Shelden's senior year and analysts saying Duke wouldn't go far in March because JJ and Shelden would be fatigued by the end of the year because that team didn't have much help. Things happen and a lot of times of people follow their team closely enough they'll see the writing on the wall. That's how I picked a Mercer upset in round one. :no:
April 4, 201412 yr ^UConn (3), UNC (2), Duke (2), Florida (2), and Kentucky (in roughly 96 hours )...
April 4, 201412 yr ^UConn (3), UNC (2), Duke (2), Florida (2), and Kentucky (in roughly 96 hours )... Forgot about UConn......let me go edit real quick.....
April 4, 201412 yr ^UConn (3), UNC (2), Duke (2), Florida (2), and Kentucky (in roughly 96 hours )... That's 10 of the 15 titles since 1998 right there. Just can't please some folks. :no:
April 4, 201412 yr Maryland and Louisville have one apiece. Michigan State has one I believe. Syracuse has one.
April 4, 201412 yr Maryland and Louisville have one apiece. Michigan State has one I believe. Syracuse has one. That's 13....The other two are Kansas and Syracuse. So 10 teams have won a championship in the last 15 years, and he's upset that Duke ONLY has 2...:lol2:
April 4, 201412 yr That's 13....The other two are Kansas and Syracuse. So 10 teams have won a championship in the last 15 years, and he's upset that Duke ONLY has 2...:lol2: Tough crowd, I tell ya. Tough crowd. :lol2:
April 4, 201412 yr Tough crowd, I tell ya. Tough crowd. :lol2: ^ :lol2: So true, I guess. I can't argue with anyone that is happy with an average of 1 Final 4 every 4 years or a title every 8. I'm not, but that is just me. I guess I've got the Sweet 16 to look forward to next year
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.