Dave Cantrall's rating the week of 2-9-14

Lexington Herald leader

Dave Cantrall’s boys’ basketball ratings this week.

From Mike Feilds Fields Notes 2-9-14

Top 25 (compiled before Sunday’s Joe B. Hall Prep Classic)

1. Ballard (22-5)

2. Scott County (25-2)

3. Trinity (20-4)

4. Newport Central Catholic (22-3)

5. Hopkinsville (20-2)

6. Covington Catholic (20-1)

7. Wayne County (24-0)

8. Holmes (19-4)

9. Doss (17-5)

10. Lafayette (15-7)

11. Warren Central (17-4)

12. South Oldham (15-2)

12. Lincoln County (19-5)

14. Pleasure Ridge Park (19-5)

15. Knott Central (17-6)

16. Elizabethtown (17-5)

17. Henry Clay (12-10)

18. Montgomery County (21-1)

19. Perry Central (17-5)

20. St. Xavier (18-5)

21. Southwestern (17-4)

22. Henderson County (13-6)

23. Bullitt East (18-5)

24. Collins (19-3)

24. Hazard (17-6)

Dixie Heights is a top 25 team...just beat Bullitt East.

Also a little surprised to see Madison Central not in the top 25 after their win against Holmes.

Dixie needs to beat someone decent before talking top 25, is beating Bullit East at home really a big win,,we will see what happens Friday nite..

NCC was the first game of the year when Hatton wasn't anywhere near 100%. Manual was a game in which 3 or 4 starters plus some key bench players were ill and either didn't play or were severely hampered.

Campbell County was 2nd game (or third) I believe... Lost by 2? Hatton was still not himself. Dixie only lost to Manual by 3 with Hatton and Rabe on bench sick in second half... Manual has been in and out of several top 20 rankings.

Dixie is where they need to be as far as their level of play right now. Rankings are fun for fans, but don't mean jack SH!t

Campbell County was 2nd game (or third) I believe... Lost by 2? Hatton was still not himself. Dixie only lost to Manual by 3 with Hatton and Rabe on bench sick in second half... Manual has been in and out of several top 20 rankings.

Dixie is where they need to be as far as their level of play right now. Rankings are fun for fans, but don't mean jack SH!t

Somebody's going to get their hands slapped. :sssh:

Somebody's going to get their hands slapped. :sssh:

lol... I know... after I typed it I thought I should probably change it to "Smack," but for some reason the edit feature is not presenting itself to me... oh well

For example, I am able to come in and "edit" this post, but my older ones are no longer editable??

With Wayne Co loosing I see them moving down and Montgomery co moving up.

Certainly. And Southwestern's stock should improve after their unaccounted for (in this ranking) win. I was also very impressed by the play of Perry County Central. A lot of outstanding teams at the Joe B. Hall Classic.

lol... I know... after I typed it I thought I should probably change it to "Smack," but for some reason the edit feature is not presenting itself to me... oh well

For example, I am able to come in and "edit" this post, but my older ones are no longer editable??

The edit option disappears after a certain amount of time.

This can't be an actual mathematical formula can it? I don't see any way to account for Henry Clay being 17. Bryan Station is probably their best win and their worst loss. You don't see that very often.