Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland loses 5 players?

Featured Replies

If this thread was about Fairview we would have numerous threads, lots of pages and know every possible angle of what happened. :)

  • Replies 56
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this thread was about Fairview we would have numerous threads, lots of pages and know every possible angle of what happened. :)

 

If players were added.

Why do parents let their children quit? Isn't it the job of the parents to teach their children to overcome adversity and fulfill committments to themselves or their peers?

Why do parents let their children quit? Isn't it the job of the parents to teach their children to overcome adversity and fulfill committments to themselves or their peers?

 

So they should force their kids to play?

So they should force their kids to play?

 

Yes! Of course. If they joined a team they see it through. Even if their friends get kicked off. You made a commitment. You don't quit college, a job, or a marriage just because you are going through a tough time. We as parents are supposed to teach them to finish what they started. If they do not want to try out for the team the following year, then so be it. But finish the season the way responsible people are supposed to honor their committments.

Without any details, no one can say unequivocally that the kids should have stuck it out. And some were dismissed correct?

As soon as someone let's us in on the reason the kids were "cut", we can all give more educated opinions on the situation.

 

As Spindoc said we could use some more details.

Yes! Of course. If they joined a team they see it through. Even if their friends get kicked off. You made a commitment. You don't quit college, a job, or a marriage just because you are going through a tough time. We as parents are supposed to teach them to finish what they started. If they do not want to try out for the team the following year, then so be it. But finish the season the way responsible people are supposed to honor their committments.

 

It's a high school sports team....not college, not a job, and ESPECIALLY not a marriage. I've never known a kid to take a solemn vow to their football team.

 

Is it crappy for them to quit? In all likelihood, yes...but I don't know all the circumstances, so I can't judge. Should the parents do all they can to encourage their kids to stick it out for the season? By all means, yes. Should they FORCE their kids to stay on the team? No.

If players were added.

 

From West Virginia ... living in mobile homes/apartments ... owned by the Superintendent ...

It's a high school sports team....not college, not a job, and ESPECIALLY not a marriage. I've never known a kid to take a solemn vow to their football team.

 

Is it crappy for them to quit? In all likelihood, yes...but I don't know all the circumstances, so I can't judge. Should the parents do all they can to encourage their kids to stick it out for the season? By all means, yes. Should they FORCE their kids to stay on the team? No.

 

Parents should prepare their kids for the above situations. So I say "yes, parents should force their kids to finish the year."

It's a high school sports team....not college, not a job, and ESPECIALLY not a marriage. I've never known a kid to take a solemn vow to their football team.

 

Is it crappy for them to quit? In all likelihood, yes...but I don't know all the circumstances, so I can't judge. Should the parents do all they can to encourage their kids to stick it out for the season? By all means, yes. Should they FORCE their kids to stay on the team? No.

 

 

It's not about a solemn vow but when a join a team you see it through to the end of a season. Especially in high school sports when it means that you making the team means someone didn't. Any kid that is allowed to quit halfway through the season will be the odds on favorite to go through life quitting when things don't go their way. College, jobs, marriage...those patterns are set early in life.

It's not about a solemn vow but when a join a team you see it through to the end of a season. Especially in high school sports when it means that you making the team means someone didn't. Any kid that is allowed to quit halfway through the season will be the odds on favorite to go through life quitting when things don't go their way. College, jobs, marriage...those patterns are set early in life.

 

I agree, without a doubt, that a kid SHOULD stick it out with a team through the end of the year, and I don't have a problem with parents pushing them to do so, and even enforcing their own consequences if the kid doesn't. But MAKING a kid stay on a team, that's ridiculous.

I agree, without a doubt, that a kid SHOULD stick it out with a team through the end of the year, and I don't have a problem with parents pushing them to do so, and even enforcing their own consequences if the kid doesn't. But MAKING a kid stay on a team, that's ridiculous.

 

I would make my kid stay on the team. If he didn't want to play then he shouldn't have tried out. My kids will never quit midseason. That's a horrible precedence.

I would make my kid stay on the team. If he didn't want to play then he shouldn't have tried out. My kids will never quit midseason. That's a horrible precedence.

 

I'm with you 100%. I won't let my kids quit anything. If they are part of the team, they are part of the team.

I'm with you 100%. I won't let my kids quit anything. If they are part of the team, they are part of the team.
x3.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.