Best Fast-Food Burger

Colonels_Wear_Blue

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a new restaurant in Richmond called Cook-Out. I think it is the first one in Kentucky. They have chains in several southeastern states. Their food is cooked outdoors style and is very good.

We tried to get in there but no parking available, every place filled and drive through was crazy deep...will try again.

Mad Mikes gets my vote as well. They have a newer location by Newport on the Levee across the parking lot from Mokka in Newport. And their fries will more than compete with Penn Stations.

Zipps and the Quatman cafe in Cincy get my votes for best sit down burger!

Going to Lexington tomorrow...5 Guys' date=' Red Robin and Cheddars on the short list as of right now...not sure where lunch will be yet. Love them all![/quote']

If you're going to get fast food, swing by Backyard Burger on Waller near campus. Let me know what ya think.

Mad Mikes gets my vote as well. They have a newer location by Newport on the Levee across the parking lot from Mokka in Newport. And their fries will more than compete with Penn Stations. Zipps and the Quatman cafe in Cincy get my votes for best sit down burger!

I've only been to Mad Mikes once but it was way too greasy for me. I went to the location on Dixie highway, shortly after it opened.

For what it's worth, I love greasy. Just not mad mike's greasy.

One of the Mad Mike's Burgers is two patties, toppings, and the top and bottom buns are both grilled cheese sandwiches.

The Goliath!

I normally refer to Mad Mike's as Five Guys on steroids as to me their burgers are similar, but Mad Mikes has so many more toppings to choose from.

And ice cream is not bad either.
The ice cream is tremendous. Frozen custard. I am sure it varies by location, but the one in town is great with its cleanliness and service. It never feels like a fast food joint, which is what I want because I think most of them are disgusting.