How Many Team Traded Handshakes After Tonight's Games...

Sweeperboy

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Warren and Monroe did. Warren county school district issued statement to all schools Warren Central, Warren East, South Warren, and Greenwood issued a statement to the schools to shake hands with each other after games and to check with each school and coach befor games for policy and shake hands unless that schools policy is not to so everyone is on same page when games end.

The whole handshake fiasco has been nothing more than drama and folks living on high horses.

For those of you old enough to remember........it is the "New Coke" version of handling an issue. Instead of fixing the issues with the old policy, let's create a new one to address everyone and have it blow up in their faces.

Until a kid gets hurt in the rush and their parents sue the school.

Trinity and Male did without any issues. In fact, I have NEVER seen any altercations during the post game hand shake at a varsity football game. I have witnessed around 600 games.

Trinity and Male did without any issues. In fact, I have NEVER seen any altercations during the post game hand shake at a varsity football game. I have witnessed around 600 games.

I have probably seen at least that many, if not more, and, I to, have never seen an incident in the handshake line.

However, I have seen a few kids get hurt when the students rush the field after games.

Actually Trinity's coaches corralled most of their players off the field to keep them from getting involved with the Male student body.

I have probably seen at least that many, if not more, and, I to, have never seen an incident in the handshake line.

However, I have seen a few kids get hurt when the students rush the field after games.

I unfortunately have seen at least one incident involving two soccer teams an elbow and another kids knocked out teeth.

That said that's in over 30 years of watching HS sports. I still think the whole "controversy" is much ado about nothing.

There wasnt even an hesitation even after the large margin of victory tonite as Dale led his team on a semi-sprint towards Holmes team to shake hands.

Curious if any other games tonite resulted in teams walking away from one another without even a "good ball game"

I kind of found this post funny, as if Highlands went out of their way to shake hands after they destroyed Holmes. Of course Highlands had no problem with it, they won. It's always easier for the victor to shake hands lol.

Btw, Cooper went out to shake hands with Bye, but they never showed up.

I've been to a lot of HS football games and seen a lot more action in the stands by kids and adults, than in the handshake line. I think the handshake line should be optional for all the players and coaches individually. Hey, if your guy is giving you forearms to the head every play and has you looking out your ear hole in your helmet, do you really want to shake his hand after it's all over, win or lose? Same thing about spitting on you in the pile, biting in the pile, making personal fouls against you, making semi illegal (not called) blocks that could end your chances of playing at the next level? We all know the difference between a good clean hit and one that's not so clean. Personally after the game I didn't feel like shaking hands with anybody, I hurt like hell and was tired and hungry, but I did it because I was taught sportsmanship at a very young age. My team didn't win all the games, either.

I kind of found this post funny, as if Highlands went out of their way to shake hands after they destroyed Holmes. Of course Highlands had no problem with it, they won. It's always easier for the victor to shake hands lol.

Noted:thumb:

I've been to a couple HHS - CCH games. No problems at all in the hand shake lines. In fact, the starters on the field started shaking hands and tapping on each others helmets before the game clock read 00. This is one big rivalry and I have never heard of coaches, fans or players getting out of line on or off the field. When HHS lost to Cov Cath there still wasn't a problem. Both teams ALWAYS show great sportsmanship.