Top 5 in Kentucky

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like that scrimmage is going to take on special meaning in a few weeks.

I thought the last few years it was said that Highlands didn't show everything in the scrimmage with Trinity. They they held back since it was just a scrimmage, are you saying that they are going to actually try this year?

I thought the last few years it was said that Highlands didn't show everything in the scrimmage with Trinity. They they held back since it was just a scrimmage, are you saying that they are going to actually try this year?

:D

If they win they played to win. If they lose they were working on things. You know the deal. :D

I know it's news drought season and no games, but why do we need to rank the top 5 teams in Kentucky in July? No one actually knows what the proper ranking should be. That is what the season is for! Only 41 more days! :dancingpa

I think they didn't show everything because it wasn't too their advantage to do so. With that said it's not like they revamp their offensive and defensive schemes every year.

You need to snap out of it. Trinity will not be nearly as good and Highlands will be better..I personally think the top 5 is..

1. HHS

2. St.X

3. Trinity

4. Bowling Green

5. John Hardin, Collins, Scott Co..

I would just like to point out that Bowling Green returns more starters and did not lose their quarterback.

I would just like to point out that Bowling Green returns more starters and did not lose their quarterback.

The senior class at HHS is probably top to bottom the most talented to ever walk the halls of Highlands. Very big, very fast and extremely athletic..I like my pick..

Agreed, this could be their best team ever!! Big, fast and weapons every where..

They may be VERY good...but to try and argue against the talent, accomplishments, and overall aspects of the '98 Highlands team is a stretch for me...I would argue that that was the best team ever in KY...T last year included.

Who cares who wins a scrimmage? Everyone comes in with different ideas and things to work on. The scores are really meaningless.

Right you are. I know everybody has their opinions about this scrimmage, but the film tells me what I need to know. I counted 21 different numbers for certain that played defense for H in the first half. There were a few others that I could not confirm the number so I think 21 is a conservative number. I know H subs fairly liberally, but that number was only 17 in the first half of the state championship game.

I don't think either team holds much back, and I do think that they use it solely to find out what works and who can play. As they should. Fans see it more as a game than the coaching staffs or they would not be running all those second teamers out there.

1. Trinity

2. Bowling Green

3. St. Xavier

4. Highlands

5. Scott County

Anyone that doesn't think Trinity is number 1, I really want to hear why, seriously, why? I think Bowling Green is clear number 2, they proved that last year when they beat St. X. Now, here's Highlands' bone, I can clearly see an argument that Highlands could be number 3, but I truly think that spot belongs to St. X. Scott County I think makes a good argument for number 5, but it is arguable. I almost put Central in that spot, but I think Scott County would win if the two played.