Top 5 in Kentucky

1. Trinity till somebody beats them in state

2. Highlands

3. Bowling Green beat X last year and return 18 starters

4.St. Xavier

5. IDK lol

I put St. X ahead of Bowling Green this year. If you rememeber last year's game in BG X led 23-13 at halftime. Bowling Green had not given up 20+ points in any of their 18 or so game winning streak. St. X put 23 on the board in the first half and had their QB injured on the last play of the first half. The game totally changed then as X got very conservative and could not make first downs or sustain any offensive momentum. Both teams return numerous starters and skilled people. Could be one of the top games in the Commonwealth this season.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but we knew you guys were taking crazy last year. This year it very well could be true. The Birds got my vote this PRE season.

Lets get something really clear. Whackem is not a Highlands fan, let me repeat he is not a Highlands fan.

He is not a hater but he is that guy that always shows up for the really big games and the possible upset games. Not real sure who he supports outside of Bellevue.

Other than that he is a H.S. football fan. I do like the fact that he keeps talking Highlands, Highlands, Highlands, Just sayin....

1. Trinity - Can't believe anyone would consider anyone else

2. BG - Outsatnding team with tons of experience

3. Highlands - Seems like every year I read best team ever; not, '98 by far their best team and they've had lots of great ones

4. X - Always tough

5. Central - Just a solid program

I put St. X ahead of Bowling Green this year. If you rememeber last year's game in BG X led 23-13 at halftime. Bowling Green had not given up 20+ points in any of their 18 or so game winning streak. St. X put 23 on the board in the first half and had their QB injured on the last play of the first half. The game totally changed then as X got very conservative and could not make first downs or sustain any offensive momentum. Both teams return numerous starters and skilled people. Could be one of the top games in the Commonwealth this season.

Did not know about X losing their QB which changes things. Thankfully these two great teams will get to prove who is better this fall!

`Also seeing who people are putting at 5 makes me feel like less of a homer for this but I've decided to put my Knights of Lexington Catholic 5 in my rankings. Really like what I saw in their 7 on 7 today.

Did not know about X losing their QB which changes things. Thankfully these two great teams will get to prove who is better this fall!

`Also seeing who people are putting at 5 makes me feel like less of a homer for this but I've decided to put my Knights of Lexington Catholic 5 in my rankings. Really like what I saw in their 7 on 7 today.

Lex Cath is definitely on the watch list.

1. Trinity

2. Bowling Green

3. St. Xavier

4. Highlands

5. Scott County

Anyone that doesn't think Trinity is number 1, I really want to hear why, seriously, why? I think Bowling Green is clear number 2, they proved that last year when they beat St. X. Now, here's Highlands' bone, I can clearly see an argument that Highlands could be number 3, but I truly think that spot belongs to St. X. Scott County I think makes a good argument for number 5, but it is arguable. I almost put Central in that spot, but I think Scott County would win if the two played.

I think you are spot on with this post and your comments when you look at it all on paper. I just get the feeling that this Highlands team is going to be special, even for Highlands. When I watched the Mueller clip and right off the bat, he says this is the best Highlands team ever, that sealed it for me. I know Mueller is Mr. Positive and the master of psychobabble, but I don't think that statement is one he makes every year. Am I wrong about that Bird fans? Is "best team ever" part of the spiel? Were Bird fans surprised to hear him say that? Regardless, I am sticking with my post in this thread - Highlands will be #1 this year.

Lets get something really clear. Whackem is not a Highlands fan, let me repeat he is not a Highlands fan.

He is not a hater but he is that guy that always shows up for the really big games and the possible upset games. Not real sure who he supports outside of Bellevue.

Other than that he is a H.S. football fan. I do like the fact that he keeps talking Highlands, Highlands, Highlands, Just sayin....

I am a Birds fan. Unbelievable program and coaching staff. I donate a considerable amount to the program annually. You are way off the mark, Sweep.

I am a Birds fan. Unbelievable program and coaching staff. I donate a considerable amount to the program annually. You are way off the mark' date=' Sweep.[/quote']

Sorry for my ignorance, I did not know this...

Pls keep donating considerably to the Football program, we need your continued support.:thumb:

I believe when this years seniors were frosh they went down to Boyle Co. and beat them by 50 or 60pts. I would say that doesn't happen to often.. I really don't care what any BGPer's say on here. I have seen every HHS team in the past 35yrs and this one is as deep as I have ever seen. They do not have any superstars but a ton of really really good football players!! When the Birds are ranked nationally at the end of the year and no one else in Ky is I think there will be a lot of crow to be eaten.. "Stairway to Seven" GO BIRDS!!!!! :ylsuper:

I believe when this years seniors were frosh they went down to Boyle Co. and beat them by 50 or 60pts. I would say that doesn't happen to often.. I really don't care what any BGPer's say on here. I have seen every HHS team in the past 35yrs and this one is as deep as I have ever seen. They do not have any superstars but a ton of really really good football players!! When the Birds are ranked nationally at the end of the year and no one else in Ky is I think there will be a lot of crow to be eaten.. "Stairway to Seven" GO BIRDS!!!!! :ylsuper:

LOL. 35 years

You're getting old

I just wanted to throw that out there. Mainly, for my buddy PurplePride.

I know. I have learned that when it comes to teams not named Highlands, Trinity or St. X you have to put up or shut every year so I'll keep BG at 4 until they give me some ammo and then once the clip is loaded BGP knows I'll start firing shots. :D

Highlands will be the #1 team in Kentucky this year. :walk:
Boy I tell ya, some of you really under estimate what Trinity & X has returning. I'm sure Highlands will be good this year but they won't be able to handle Trinity. Also while I think Trinity is still the #1 team in Ky,St X is only a hair behind Trinity. St X has just as much Talent as Trinity,if not more. So don't sleep on St X.

BTW- from what I'm hearing Bowling Green has a lot returning from a Championship team So this should be a strong year for all the Ky powers!!!

I remember that beat down quite well. Very impressive display of football and I remember thinking they would be nasty when they were seniors.