Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Church Attendance

Featured Replies

How often do you attend church?

 

Never miss

Pretty often

Spur radically

Easter and Christmas only

Never

 

Feel free to add why if you would like.

  • Replies 90
  • Views 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We go every Sunday. Sometimes we are out of town and have to miss or when we are sick. Love our church family.

Every Sunday no matter what city I am in plus many Holy days.

I would say we go 80% of the time we are in town. Out of town maybe 20%. I will say I love going to Mass outside of my hometown. And we hit up some Holy Days through the year.

Well, I can't say that I "never miss" since if I am sick I might not go or on rare occasion out of town on a Sunday. Outside of that, I am there every Sunday and a large percentage of Wednesday nights, though Wednesday night is the service I will most likely miss because of travel for work or something comes up that I need to take care of.

99.9% of Sunday (or Saturday night) Masses wherever I am. Like to also go to the 6:15 "Early Bird Business Person" Mass on Wednesday mornings at St. Anthony's. Twice a month on Saturday mornings at 8:00 after Men's Group meetings. I don't like the word "obligation"...I have a "right" to go...I "get" to go and meet God and see my other brothers and sisters in Christ. How good is that?

Every Sunday morning and Sunday night. Most Wednesday nights. Miss when we are out of town, sometimes go where we are, but seem to travel on Sunday morning when we are returning from out of town.

plus many Holy days.

 

some Holy Days

 

I'm not a Catholic, so forgive my ignorance, but how many of these days are there? What are some examples?

Every Sunday, Church and Sunday School (unless out of town or ill) and some Wednesdays

I'm not a Catholic, so forgive my ignorance, but how many of these days are there? What are some examples?

 

They differ from country to country. There's a long, convoluted explanation for what they are and when they fall, but in the United States, every Sunday is a Holy Day of Obligation as are...

 

Solemnity of Mary Mother of God - Always Jan. 1

Feast of the Epiphany - Permanently translated to Sunday following Jan. 1

Feast of the Ascension of Christ - Seventh Sunday of Easter

Feast of the Body and Blood of Christ - Permanently Translated to Second Sunday after Pentecost

Feast of the Assumption of Mary - August 15

Feast of All Saints - Nov. 1

Feast of the Immaculate Conception - Dec. 8

The Nativity of the Lord (Christmas) - Dec. 25

 

The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops long ago dedicated the American Church to Mary which is why her solemnity on New Year's Day and the Feast of the Assumption are Holy Days of Obligation whereas in many countries they are not.

They differ from country to country. There's a long, convoluted explanation for what they are and when they fall, but in the United States, every Sunday is a Holy Day of Obligation as are...

 

Solemnity of Mary Mother of God - Always Jan. 1

Feast of the Epiphany - Permanently translated to Sunday following Jan. 1

Feast of the Ascension of Christ - Seventh Sunday of Easter

Feast of the Body and Blood of Christ - Permanently Translated to Second Sunday after Pentecost

Feast of the Assumption of Mary - August 15

Feast of All Saints - Nov. 1

Feast of the Immaculate Conception - Dec. 8

The Nativity of the Lord (Christmas) - Dec. 25

 

Thanks. :thumb:

Thanks. :thumb:

 

Maybe not-so-interesting side note:

 

The diocese that has it the easiest is Hong Kong; their only Holy Day of Obligation is Christmas.

They differ from country to country. There's a long, convoluted explanation for what they are and when they fall, but in the United States, every Sunday is a Holy Day of Obligation as are...

 

Solemnity of Mary Mother of God - Always Jan. 1

Feast of the Epiphany - Permanently translated to Sunday following Jan. 1

Feast of the Ascension of Christ - Seventh Sunday of Easter

Feast of the Body and Blood of Christ - Permanently Translated to Second Sunday after Pentecost

Feast of the Assumption of Mary - August 15

Feast of All Saints - Nov. 1

Feast of the Immaculate Conception - Dec. 8

The Nativity of the Lord (Christmas) - Dec. 25

 

The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops long ago dedicated the American Church to Mary which is why her solemnity on New Year's Day and the Feast of the Assumption are Holy Days of Obligation whereas in many countries they are not.

 

Am I correct that it was within the last couple of years where they came out with some rules that say whether it's to be observed on that day vs the next Sunday?

Try to be there every time the doors are open. My work schedule prevents that from time to time.

 

 

I can definitely tell a difference when I miss services.

Am I correct that it was within the last couple of years where they came out with some rules that say whether it's to be observed on that day vs the next Sunday?

 

Yeah, but I don't know which ones they apply to. I know that Christmas is on Dec. 25 no matter what but I feel like a lot of them get moved to Sunday if they fall on a Saturday.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.