Softball vs Baseball

JMU31

Go to states like California, Texas, Florida, Arizona, and Oklahoma (yes I know these are states where you can pretty much play year round) and you do not see the 1 pitcher and good hitting thing. The whole team is solid. The issue is Kentucky is about 10 years behind in certain locations of the state when it comes to fast pitch. The leagues are horrible and very little is taught when it comes to the fundamentals of the games.

Question for you memyselfandi since you did not grow up around here. Do teams in these warm weather states practice that much more than teams from this area could. I know this is a baseball board but I know some of the best softball teams in the country they play through the fall them maybe practices and scrimmage up till about Nov. They have kids that play several sports and they do take a break, their HS season may start a couple weeks before ours and they can get on dirt a little sooner than us but in the fall teams from this area could practice outside on the dirt most weekends up until and maybe through Nov so is the warmer weather that much of an advantage in baseball or softball.

Fastpitch is 50 times better in the Chicago area than in KY at both the HS and travel levels and their weather blows!

Question for you memyselfandi since you did not grow up around here. Do teams in these warm weather states practice that much more than teams from this area could. I know this is a baseball board but I know some of the best softball teams in the country they play through the fall them maybe practices and scrimmage up till about Nov. They have kids that play several sports and they do take a break, their HS season may start a couple weeks before ours and they can get on dirt a little sooner than us but in the fall teams from this area could practice outside on the dirt most weekends up until and maybe through Nov so is the warmer weather that much of an advantage in baseball or softball.

Fastpitch is 50 times better in the Chicago area than in KY at both the HS and travel levels and their weather blows!

Nationals ended around the beginning August when I played so we got 2 weeks off tryouts began the 3rd week in August and we played until the first or 2nd week in December. We then took off for Christmas and got back to practicing in the middle of January first of February (this was before high school softball was sanctioned by the state in 1993, before it was sanctioned we played both high school and with our club team). Once high school softball was over (ours back then was over in the middle of May now it is over next week) we played until nationals were over.

I absolutely loved it. The majority of kids when I played did not play other sports we all played softball. Everyone of the kids in our organization received a college scholarship to play softball so the myth of kids playing other sports is better is a bunch of hogwash in my opinion (sorry for the tangent).