Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cal tells Wiggins UK will win games by 30 if he comes

Featured Replies

K, I'll bite and play Devils Advocate here. Now, I know UK has already won the National Championship next year. BUT, BUT hypothetically, if there is a miracle and say UK has a couple stumbles and gets booted out in the Sweet 16, does this effect him at all?

 

AGAIN, I know that Cal barely even has to recruit anymore. Just being at UK brings in the top recruits for him every year. But if he is promising 30 point wins and basically total domination in their games, does he hurt himself by not coming through on a promise like that?

  • Replies 70
  • Views 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
K, I'll bite and play Devils Advocate here. Now, I know UK has already won the National Championship next year. BUT, BUT hypothetically, if there is a miracle and say UK has a couple stumbles and gets booted out in the Sweet 16, does this effect him at all?

 

AGAIN, I know that Cal barely even has to recruit anymore. Just being at UK brings in the top recruits for him every year. But if he is promising 30 point wins and basically total domination in their games, does he hurt himself by not coming through on a promise like that?

 

I think it does.

Because this group is immensely more talented than last years and hates losing.
The hates losing line is so tired. No one likes losing. Silly comment.
Because this group is immensely more talented than last years and hates losing.

 

So this year's team enjoyed losing??

I read somewhere that if Wiggins comes to Kentucky and the three frosh. all come back, Kentucky will have the #2 ranked team in the country coming off the bench....Next year could be scary fun for the BBN.

 

I just heard that the NCAA has cancelled next year's season and has crowned UK the champ!! Since they are going to go undefeated and win by an average of 30+ points per game, the NCAA decided there is no reason to play next year.

^He'd be tested on a daily basis in practice more than he could be anywhere else.

 

Practice will be a battle. Hundreds of those vs top talent compared to going elsewhere and being challenged half as much.

The hates losing line is so tired. No one likes losing. Silly comment.

 

So this year's team enjoyed losing??

 

I agree that nobody likes to lose but some guys don't "hate" losing. There is a difference.

I just heard that the NCAA has cancelled next year's season and has crowned UK the champ!! Since they are going to go undefeated and win by an average of 30+ points per game, the NCAA decided there is no reason to play next year.

 

Just a rumor started by UK haters. Besides that would hurt attendance? :D

Most coaches would run far, far away from statements like this. Cal has also been on record saying he wants to coach an undefeated team. I can't recall a lot of other coaches doing that (and I would be among them if I was them).

 

That's why Cal is who he is: a lightning rod. But I think it's also why a lot of kids want to play for him.

 

If Wiggins does come--and that's a big if--they have enormous pressure to win. Failure to do so (unless someone gets hurt) will result in tremendous criticism, as well it should. But if they succeed, he'll look that much better.

I just heard that the NCAA has cancelled next year's season and has crowned UK the champ!! Since they are going to go undefeated and win by an average of 30+ points per game, the NCAA decided there is no reason to play next year.

 

Works for me. Lets hang the banner at Big Blue Madness.

There is going to be pressure anyway and crazy expectations, why should Cal hide from that and not address the elephant in the room. No way he can downplay expectations for next season, might as well embrace them and use.

The hates losing line is so tired. No one likes losing. Silly comment.

 

So this year's team enjoyed losing??

 

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it guys?

 

"Hating" to lose and "not liking" to lose are two completely different things.

K, I'll bite and play Devils Advocate here. Now, I know UK has already won the National Championship next year. BUT, BUT hypothetically, if there is a miracle and say UK has a couple stumbles and gets booted out in the Sweet 16, does this effect him at all?

 

AGAIN, I know that Cal barely even has to recruit anymore. Just being at UK brings in the top recruits for him every year. But if he is promising 30 point wins and basically total domination in their games, does he hurt himself by not coming through on a promise like that?

 

No. He's UK's head coach until he doesn't want to be anymore.

No. He's UK's head coach until he doesn't want to be anymore.

 

Because it could always be worse......

 

attachment.php?attachmentid=12592&d=1346431553

UNC reporting that MJ is involved in the recruitment of AW and is giving him advice on how to sell himself as a 'brand' for the future. Hard not to listen to the GOAT when it comes to playing the game and building a large portfolio off of it.

 

Good thing Cal's in good with the likes of Jay Z and Lebron, who aren't just names but still relevant as well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.