NKU Baseball

truthbtold

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's going on with NKU baseball? They are 2-18! I know this is the first year in Division 1, but I thought they would be a little more competitive in the league there are in.

They need to schedule Florida A&M. The Rattlers are 1-21, I think.

All I know is that Northern plays Morehead a week from today in Highland Heights.

Your seeing the end result of playing against Div I talent with Div II. They'll catch up, however, it's going to take a couple more Div I recruiting classes to establish a new quality of baseball athlete they haven't been able to attract or needed to in the past. More improvements, beyond the field turf infield, to facilities will help as well.

I always wondered why NKU hardly recruits in the NKY area?

Define "hardly".

They've got a couple of kids from Ryle and kids from Holy Cross, NCC, and Scott on the roster, not to mention a bunch of players from across the river in Hamilton County.

Got to say the turf infield is nice but for D1 College Baseball, the baseball complex leaves a lot to be desired! Literally no seating unless you count the movable stands that the NCC and CovCath kids had to put in place prior to the game. A score board that while it did show the score, the number of hits, outs, or ball and strikes wasn't working! No makers stating how deep the fences were in the outfield and no lights.

Honestly St. Henry has a nicer complex as does a lot of high schools in Lexington and Louisville!

And this is a pretty nice win over USC-Upstate as they are currently 13-11. In fact they held a 10-6 lead going into the 8th inning over UK very early in the season before surrendering 6 runs over the two inning span to lose 11-10.

Also, it would seem to make sense if NKU and UK (and UL) for that matter) get together soon to play the "weekday" game. Hopefully NKU can get them to do this.

Define "hardly".

They've got a couple of kids from Ryle and kids from Holy Cross, NCC, and Scott on the roster, not to mention a bunch of players from across the river in Hamilton County.

Hardly ever! I don't think I have heard many kids being "recruited" from NKY. I'm not talking about walking on.