Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Tourney Predictions

Who Wins 79 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

No prediction here. Thanks to a couple of arrogant CCH fans, I will for once root for the Ryle Raiders. After watching Ryle in the final district game against Cooper, I believe they have enough to get the job done. GO Raiders!

  • Replies 83
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pick Cooper to go through the Catholic's. Wins over St. Henry, NCC and then Cov Cath. :clap:

 

I really like this post. The lunch pail kids will come to work and hopefully get the job done. If it's in the manner that you posted above....Christmas comes early!

Holmes and Cov. Cath in finals would be fitting. The anticipation for that matchup would be huge. 9th region tournament will be a great one. Wish I could go!

I think the anticipation for that matchup would be mostly for Holmes and CCH fans, I'm pretty sure that Ryle, Dixie, Cooper, NCC etc would rather see their team in the finals more than a CCH Holmes rematch......just sayin.

No prediction here. Thanks to a couple of arrogant CCH fans, I will for once root for the Ryle Raiders. After watching Ryle in the final district game against Cooper, I believe they have enough to get the job done. GO Raiders!

 

Our fans arrogant? Never.:D

Just don't criticize HHS football or anything at CCH and you will be fine. :D

This ranking makes perfect sense if you ignore the fact that Dixie just beat Ryle a week ago.

 

And Cov Cath beating Holmes on Friday.

My regional prediction: NewCath over CovCath.

 

In the opener I think NewCath's size again is able to get up 8-10 throughout and this time holds on (in regulation) to get the W. Holmes falling behind vs. CovCath and earlier vs. NewCath is a slight concern. I give them all the credit for the furious comebacks only to lose at the end, but I just think this time NC holds on for the victory. I'll say 70-60.

 

Keep an eye out for Newport. I like them to spring the upset on Dixie. (mild upset).

In a one and out tournament I will always take defense over offense, therefore I see the Cooper Jags cutting down the nets on Sunday.

If the Breds win region wow it will take one heck of an impressive run. The path cant get any harder than that. Not being mean but CovCath should be just fine getting to the finals and could be a real threat to win it all!

Tough draw for NCC but IMO they are clearly the best team in the region. I have felt they were the best all year and am not going to change now. With this draw, there should be little doubt they are the best team in the region if they win it. Likewise, Holmes fans could make the same claim if they are able to win the region. Cooper and CCH both have draws that make it easier for them to win it and thus give them a bit of an advantage.

This is just a tough, tough road for the Breds and Dogs. if one of them wins it, they will deserve it. I thought NCC was much the better team in the first game. Seiert had a career night offensively and Bolden played the best individual quarter I have seen in a long time. Not likely to see either duplicated, but if NCC stays out of foul trouble with their bigs, they will probably win a close one.

  • Author

Newport Catholic 24 38.10%

Newport ..............0 00%

CovCath.............10 15.87%

Holmes...............18 28.57%

Dixie....................2 3.17%

St. Henry.............1 1.59%

Cooper.................6 9.52%

Ryle.....................2 3.17%

 

Are there ZERO Newport High School fans, alum, supporters, on this site?????

Newport Catholic 24 38.10%

Newport ..............0 00%

CovCath.............10 15.87%

Holmes...............18 28.57%

Dixie....................2 3.17%

St. Henry.............1 1.59%

Cooper.................6 9.52%

Ryle.....................2 3.17%

 

Are there ZERO Newport High School fans, alum, supporters, on this site?????

 

The good football players all transferred to Highlands...j/k.

Tough draw for NCC but IMO they are clearly the best team in the region. I have felt they were the best all year and am not going to change now. With this draw, there should be little doubt they are the best team in the region if they win it. Likewise, Holmes fans could make the same claim if they are able to win the region. Cooper and CCH both have draws that make it easier for them to win it and thus give them a bit of an advantage.

 

Newcath lost to Covcath at home, although it was without Seibert and beat Holmes in double OT after Pangallo hit a last second shot to send the game to OT. Also beat Cooper by 2 with Cooper missing half of their starting lineup.

 

I'm a huge NCC fan because of their players but I don't see how you can say they are CLEARLY the best team in the region. Favorite to win the region? Absolutely. Clear Favorite? No.

I agree with Walter about NCC.

 

If you were seeding the teams I'd have no problem giving them the #1 seed, just to assign a number to the teams. But to think NCC is clearly the best team in the region is a bit puzzeling.

They beat Holmes, in one of the best games of the year. Now lets look some other games. They barely beat Cooper who was without 3 starters and they beat them by only 2 pts. They also lost to Cov Cath who was beaten by Cooper by double digits.

 

So to say NCC is clearly the best team is kind of a stretch. That isn't saying they won't win the region, there are 4 teams that have a good shot at winning the region, and any of those 4 dcan lose to any of the other 4 teams so it's not clear who is simply the best team. The 4 teams that are pretty equal if you ask me is Holmes, NCC, Cooper and CCH.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.