Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Tourney Predictions

Who Wins 79 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Plus Michael Bueter was sick all day long, the only reason he went to school that day was so he could play in the game, thus his very sub-par preformance.

 

Not sure I would brag about this? To each his own.

 

I recall how someone was sent to celebrity status for playing with a fever in the All A tourney. The next week the two guys guarding said celebrity missed school and games. Things that make you go hmmmmm.....

  • Replies 83
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I would brag about this? To each his own.

 

I recall how someone was sent to celebrity status for playing with a fever in the All A tourney. The next week the two guys guarding said celebrity missed school and games. Things that make you go hmmmmm.....

 

Let's not beat around the bush. Who is this "someone" who was supposedly sent to "celebrity status?". Make sure you have your facts straight before you insinuate a person.

Not sure I would brag about this? To each his own.

 

I recall how someone was sent to celebrity status for playing with a fever in the All A tourney. The next week the two guys guarding said celebrity missed school and games. Things that make you go hmmmmm.....[/quote

 

Really, taking shots at kids that give it their all when sick? Not sure who you are referring to but I can assure you any kid that shows up for school and games while not feeling well is ok in my book.

 

I can bet that there are more adults missing work that are half as sick as these young men that go to school. It's a shame to see comments such as this

edit

Seibert left the game with an ankle injury with under 4:00 to go in the 3rd quarter and did not return. Plus Michael Bueter was sick all day long, the only reason he went to school that day was so he could play in the game, thus his very sub-par preformance.

 

Let's not beat around the bush. Who is this "someone" who was supposedly sent to "celebrity status?". Make sure you have your facts straight before you insinuate a person.

 

 

 

I do not take shots at kids who are sick. Period. I'm a parent. I do not think that post game interviews should brag about how amazing a kid played even though they had a fever.

If YOU think that is all well and good, then that is wonderful!! And it follows that my post on the issue SHOULD NOT bother you one bit.

Read Lawnboy's post. I like LB. But I don't think that your school needs that kind of comment. They are amazing without it. LB--I trust that you will read all these posts and see where I'm coming from.

My point is that I think that a kid who is too sick to come to school, yet does so anyway so that they can play their bball game, should be NOT be given all the kudos. I don't think it a "braggable" thing.

If you think that it is admirable and something to brag about, then more power to you and we disagree.

Seibert left the game with an ankle injury with under 4:00 to go in the 3rd quarter and did not return. Plus Michael Bueter was sick all day long, the only reason he went to school that day was so he could play in the game, thus his very sub-par preformance.

 

CovCath managed to pull off the win even with Ruthsatz battling a stomach ache, Fredrick struggling with a sore back, Tobler hurting with back & knee issues, Pauly with a sore shoulder & Schuh playing with a rolled ankle ....I don't know how they did it.

  • Author
I do not take shots at kids who are sick. Period. I'm a parent. I do not think that post game interviews should brag about how amazing a kid played even though they had a fever.

If YOU think that is all well and good, then that is wonderful!! And it follows that my post on the issue SHOULD NOT bother you one bit.

Read Lawnboy's post. I like LB. But I don't think that your school needs that kind of comment. They are amazing without it. LB--I trust that you will read all these posts and see where I'm coming from.

My point is that I think that a kid who is too sick to come to school, yet does so anyway so that they can play their bball game, should be NOT be given all the kudos. I don't think it a "braggable" thing.

If you think that it is admirable and something to brag about, then more power to you and we disagree.

 

I'm not bragging, I'm just stating the facts. I think it simply says, the kid had a great desire to play no matter how he felt. You have to attend school that day to be able to play that night. In a "BIG" game against a rival I would say MOST kids would do the same thing, even if they aren't 100%. He is not the 1st to do this and for sure not the last.

Tough draw for NCC but IMO they are clearly the best team in the region. I have felt they were the best all year and am not going to change now. With this draw, there should be little doubt they are the best team in the region if they win it. Likewise, Holmes fans could make the same claim if they are able to win the region. Cooper and CCH both have draws that make it easier for them to win it and thus give them a bit of an advantage.

 

Newcath lost to Covcath at home, although it was without Seibert and beat Holmes in double OT after Pangallo hit a last second shot to send the game to OT. Also beat Cooper by 2 with Cooper missing half of their starting lineup.

 

I'm a huge NCC fan because of their players but I don't see how you can say they are CLEARLY the best team in the region. Favorite to win the region? Absolutely. Clear Favorite? No.

 

I agree with Walter about NCC.

 

If you were seeding the teams I'd have no problem giving them the #1 seed, just to assign a number to the teams. But to think NCC is clearly the best team in the region is a bit puzzeling.

They beat Holmes, in one of the best games of the year. Now lets look some other games. They barely beat Cooper who was without 3 starters and they beat them by only 2 pts. They also lost to Cov Cath who was beaten by Cooper by double digits.

 

So to say NCC is clearly the best team is kind of a stretch. That isn't saying they won't win the region, there are 4 teams that have a good shot at winning the region, and any of those 4 dcan lose to any of the other 4 teams so it's not clear who is simply the best team. The 4 teams that are pretty equal if you ask me is Holmes, NCC, Cooper and CCH.

 

I knew my comment would be questioned and that is why I bolded IMO. If I am a coach and get to pick my team to coach in this tournament, it doesn't take me long to pick NCC. They have no weakness. They have size. They have shooting. They share the ball. They play defense. They don't turn it over. That is why I say they are the best team. I see problems on all the other teams. That doesn't mean NCC wins it. They might lose tonight. Anything can happen on a given night. But I have zero doubt about what team I would choose to coach in the 9th region tournament - NCC.

Interesting, the leading vote getter is ousted and the only team with zero votes is still alive.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.