OK, so now let's talk 10th Region:)

TheOwenFive

Bourbon county returns all but one stater from last year,Hailey Waganer the 1 pitcher from last year. But the offence is intact that scored 309 runs last season with a 31-10 record. They have five pitchers on the roster Hannah Waganger Jr, Ariel Dailey 8th, Allyson Sanderfur So, Cassie Poynter So, and Kierston Robinson. All of these pitchers played travel ball last season. Ariel Dailey pitched for the Central Kentucky Batcats and pitched her team to the ASA A State Championship againist the Louisville Lady Sluggers 14U and beat them. Hannah Waganer pitched for the Full Throttle 16U. The 8th Grader Ariel Dailey lead the team in hitting last year and is the real deal. Mercades Stanfield another big hitter for the colonels lead the team with home runs with 7. I look for a nother great season for the Lady Colonels.

I am also have close connection to Bourbon. The pros - returning a lot of starters,most are 3 yr starters,good team cohesion "now", everyone is set to finish what they started. Should be 10th region front runner!

The cons- at times they play young, entirely too many errors!! Correct those and they are golden. Aerial did lead in batting average, with 4 other starters within .010 from there. So over half of roster has stroke. I believe someone told me she was leading in errors per game too? Hopefully, that will be corrected for this year.

I am also have close connection to Bourbon. The pros - returning a lot of starters,most are 3 yr starters,good team cohesion "now", everyone is set to finish what they started. Should be 10th region front runner!

The cons- at times they play young, entirely too many errors!! Correct those and they are golden. Aerial did lead in batting average, with 4 other starters within .010 from there. So over half of roster has stroke. I believe someone told me she was leading in errors per game too? Hopefully, that will be corrected for this year.

While I found your vague statistics intriguing, I don't belive that to be true. I do know that Ariel was first or second in every offensive category except HR and stolen bases! By the way she did hit 2 HR last year as a 7th grader. And as a clutch player her play in the District and Region was great. With no errors, the only thing I have to say is D1 coaches think differently. Bottom line is ,talent wins out when it comes to postion battles, not whiny parents.

After gaining an interest for Mason Co. Softball the past couple years, I really look for them to have a nice season. Coach Fraysure has done a great job and after beating Bracken Co. in the district finals last season, look for them to continue riding that momentum.

I look for Bracken Co. to go through growing pains early with a new coach (They'll miss Persinger). But by the time the postseason winds around, I expect them to be in the hunt.

I also am curious to see how Bourbon and Nicholas CO. doo this year... They are two very well coached teams who are fun to watch. I plan on taking in a couple games this season.

It will be the same five this year. Bourbon Co. Montgomery Co. Nicholas Co. Harrison Co. and Bishop Brossart. Our District will be a battle to see who will be runnerup to Brossart. I think Ryle will win the 9th again even though Notre Dame and Conner will be decent. :dancingpa

Same teams again Bourbon Co., Nicholas Co. Bishop Brossart, Bracken Co., George Rogers Clark and Montgomery back in the saddle with Bart Back. Bishop Brossart won 26 games last year, plays one of thee best schedules and returns starters at pitcher Karlie Shackelford, first base Maria Greis, shortstop Allie Anstead, thirdbase Gretchen Trumbo, left field Shannon Kremer and centerfield Tricia Kramer. They lost second and right but have a host of veteran and young players (30 in all along with 16 seventh and eighth graders to fill the void) They also return pitcher Mary Kay Reilly and Super sub Emily Greis who should start this year and several others from a team that won the District last year. Should be much improved with most returnees starting their third year as starters. This is a team that has the last two years started a lot of freshmen and sophomores who are just now coming into their own. They have a new field, new uniforms and will start off the year with a Florida Trip and the Uncle Pete Classic so as always Coach Baynum's team will only get better.

Who won the 10th Region last year?

Nicholas County did win it last year. They deserved it as well. Barry ( a great guy ) & his staff had his team play there best ball when it counted. The 10th region this year will be a war. Better be ready to play every night !!