Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NC State Player gets classless chats from Duke Student Body

Featured Replies

Correct. They also said "How's your grandma" on #2.

 

YIKES.

 

Exactly what I was going to say. Not good!!!

  • Replies 50
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't have an avatar that supports such classless acts. :lol: :cool:

I can't have an avatar that supports such classless acts. :lol: :cool:

 

Two more months!

 

Two more months!

 

I vote for immediate removal!

So it sounds like just a small section of the student body was doing the classless chant? I hope so as every school has their group of idiots who have a problem recognizing boundaries. Unfortunately it reflects on the entire school, although it sounds like they are being made aware of that.

I dont get it, some fans yelled something from the stands at a college basketball game? So what, yes his grandma died, yes they took a shot, so what. Play the game, grow a thick skin and deal with it. Along the way someone is going to say something far worse than this to you, deal with it. Everyone is so darn sensitive anymore.

Truthfully, I have a hard time believing Coach K would allow something like that to take place on a grand scale.
While I agree, he has said in the past that he doesn't pay attention to what they say.

Duke student section hasn't been the same since they got duped into chanting Piggy during a game several years ago. Kinda jumped the shark that day and have never gotten their swerve back.

I dont get it, some fans yelled something from the stands at a college basketball game? So what, yes his grandma died, yes they took a shot, so what. Play the game, grow a thick skin and deal with it. Along the way someone is going to say something far worse than this to you, deal with it. Everyone is so darn sensitive anymore.

 

Yeah, but then again, you're also the person that thought it was karma that a coach died in a freak accident.

I don't like when UK fans get lumped into the same group because of some turds. I won't don't the same to Duke. Unfortunately, some people take this stuff way too serious.

I dont get it, some fans yelled something from the stands at a college basketball game? So what, yes his grandma died, yes they took a shot, so what. Play the game, grow a thick skin and deal with it. Along the way someone is going to say something far worse than this to you, deal with it. Everyone is so darn sensitive anymore.

 

....

Kids will be Kids and they will be cruel.

 

The worst by far was a chant at Steve Kerr whose father had been killed in Lebanon by Terrorists. "PLO" was what they chanted. I think it was Stanford but I can't recall since it was in the late 80's.

 

Kids? These are young adults, who are supposed to be among some of the best in the country. If at this age you cannot realize, if they said something about the grandmother, is wrong, your parents failed to teach morals, values and respect.

Plus, all those programs in grades K-12 teaching about bullying do not seem to be working. If, they did do this, they are bigger jerks than the big guys at UCLA.

I don't like when UK fans get lumped into the same group because of some turds. I won't don't the same to Duke. Unfortunately, some people take this stuff way too serious.

 

First thing that came to my mind also.

 

I'm not going to judge an entire fan base because of a few irrational people as many people do with Kentucky fans.

If true, Duke's administration should step in. I am aware of free speech rights. However, I think that a ticket to a sporitng event is a "license" and the owner of the premises (i.e., Duke University) can revoke the license if it wants and kick the jerks out. If I were the Duke administration, I would make it known in no uncertain terms that such behavior in the future will result in immediate expulsion from the arena.....and I would have monitors to enforce it.

If true, this is a tremendous black eye for Duke.

So is this like the 18% of our fans that everyone keeps referring to. I guess it'd be more like 3% though Duke couldn't have that many fans could they?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.