Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alabama 59 Kentucky 55

Featured Replies

That's right. I forgot about him being hurt. What is his status?

 

Unknown. Same foot that put him out for the season last year.

  • Replies 141
  • Views 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If this team didn't have Noel they would be the opposite of must watch. The team has so many flaws I wouldn't know where to start. Goodwin and Poythress have gotten worse, Mayes is Horizon league quality. Just shows that recruiting stars don't translate to wins on the court. Hopefully they turn it around but I don't see it happening.

 

Or that recruiting stars might have been overrated coming out of high school. It happens.

I'm not impressed with Goodwin or Poythress and don't understand what the NBA scouts and analyst are seeing that's so much "potential" about them.

Latest draft stock from NBAdraft.net

 

4. Nerlens Noel to Phoenix

9. Willie Cauley-Stein to Sacramento

14. Archie Goodwin to Charlotte

 

2013 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

 

I can't for my life see Goodwin doing this well in the draft. Are NBA scouts and the analyst completely blind?

Or that recruiting stars might have been overrated coming out of high school. It happens.

I'm not impressed with Goodwin or Poythress and don't understand what the NBA scouts and analyst are seeing that's so much "potential" about them.

 

Poythress has fallen out of most mocks completely. My question is, would he come back or transfer? I'm sure he has had one and done in his head for awhile now, I would love to see him back.

I can't for my life see Goodwin doing this well in the draft. Are NBA scouts and the analyst completely blind?

 

Goodwin has Russell Westbrook-esque athleticism. He is obviously extremely raw but Westbrook was not stellar at UCLA. Not saying he will be Westbrook but the NBA takes that type of athlete very seriously.

If Goodwin doesn't have a jump shot which he hardly ever shoots, useless in NBA.

The sky must be falling... everyone was freaking out at this point with Cal's 2nd team and they came around late in the season and got on a good run... unfortunately this team doesn't have a scorer like Knight or older players such as Miller, Harrelson, and Liggins.... We have been spoiled as fans by the Gilcrest, Davis, Wall, and Knights of the world. Sometimes when you depend on Frosh, it doesn't work out like you planned. It doesn't mean that Poythress and Goodwin aren't good players, just not great players that we need them to be yet...If either one comes back, I think they will be much better players.

I may be in the minority here, but I'm really hoping Goodwin and Poythress aren't killing their draft stocks. As a UK fan, I think they'd do more harm than good to next year's team. They just don't play for the name on the front of the jersey. On the flip side, I'm selfishly hoping WCS's injury may make him consider sticking around another year.

 

At this point, the team needs a lot of work if they want to get an NIT invite.

Someone just pointed out to me that these guys (Poythress & Goodwin) may not even start next year if they stick around. At that point THEY would need Kentucky more than Kentucky would need THEM.

 

Interesting perspective.

I may be in the minority here, but I'm really hoping Goodwin and Poythress aren't killing their draft stocks. As a UK fan, I think they'd do more harm than good to next year's team. They just don't play for the name on the front of the jersey. On the flip side, I'm selfishly hoping WCS's injury may make him consider sticking around another year.

 

At this point, the team needs a lot of work if they want to get an NIT invite.

Cal wouldn't allow them to hurt the team next year... this year he really has no choice but to play them.

 

A lot of work left to get an NIT invite? Explain.

Cal wouldn't allow them to hurt the team next year... this year he really has no choice but to play them.

 

A lot of work left to get an NIT invite? Explain.

 

Based on what we've seen thus far, this team will not beat Missouri, Florida (2x), A&M on the road, or Ole Miss on the road. That's 5 more losses. That puts them at best at 11-7 in SEC play, with road games @UT, @Arkansas, and @UGA. Lose any of those, and you're looking at a team that is basically .500 in one of the more mediocre conferences in America.

Based on what we've seen thus far, this team will not beat Missouri, Florida (2x), A&M on the road, or Ole Miss on the road. That's 5 more losses. That puts them at best at 11-7 in SEC play, with road games @UT, @Arkansas, and @UGA. Lose any of those, and you're looking at a team that is basically .500 in one of the more mediocre conferences in America.

You are willing to concede those five losses? I'd make a LARGE wager that they do not lose all five of those.

Based on what we've seen thus far, this team will not beat Missouri, Florida (2x), A&M on the road, or Ole Miss on the road. That's 5 more losses. That puts them at best at 11-7 in SEC play, with road games @UT, @Arkansas, and @UGA. Lose any of those, and you're looking at a team that is basically .500 in one of the more mediocre conferences in America.

 

"A lot of work left to get an NIT invite" is a huge exaggeration, don't you think? They are 12-6. Even if they finish .500 in SEC play that will leave them at 18-12. If they go 1-1 in the SEC tourney that would put them at 19-13. Do you really think a 19-13 UK team would not be invited to the NIT? Really? I don't care if they end the season with zero quality wins the NIT would grab them in a heartbeat. Now I have serious doubts about their ability to make the NCAA tourney but unless they have a total colapse and end up 15-15 or something they'll make the NIT.

I'm not impressed with Goodwin or Poythress and don't understand what the NBA scouts and analyst are seeing that's so much "potential" about them.

 

I think it goes to show how much credit NBA scouts give Calipari. The fact that they are his players along problem bumbs them up a few.

You are willing to concede those five losses? I'd make a LARGE wager that they do not lose all five of those.

 

They may not lose all 5 of those but I'd say they are likely to lose another road game to a team not in that group. I'd say 5 more SEC losses is a very realistic number--especially if Cauley-Stein does not return to full speed quickly.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.