Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alabama 59 Kentucky 55

Featured Replies

I am as frustrated with Goodwin as everyone else is, but in his defense, he had to learn to be a point guard during the first third of the season & now he's had to go back to playing off the ball. Maybe that doesn't have anything to do with his problems, but it's something I have wondered about lately.

  • Replies 141
  • Views 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No reason to crush him but I don't know if the coaches paid enough attn to his game during recruiting. Not sure if he's a Cal fit.

 

I think he is a great fit for Cal on the offensive side. Archie can play the dribble drive and get to the basket. Unfortunately, he is not great handling the ball, he is weak going to the rim and he is a terrible decision maker with the ball (or maybe so selfish passing it is not part of his decision process).

I don't think PP92 meant that people would quit showing up for games. But this team will have to add increasing fan criticism to their already sizable pile of problems.

 

Maybe but I simply disagree with the statement "after tonight they will have no fan support." What makes tonight so special? Notre Dame, Baylor or A&M were all probably worse losses. This team has a long list of problems, "no fan support" ain't one of them.

Maybe but I simply disagree with the statement "after tonight they will have no fan support." What makes tonight so special? Notre Dame, Baylor or A&M were all probably worse losses. This team has a long list of problems, "no fan support" ain't one of them.

 

I understand what you're saying, but I see "no fan support" a little less literal than you do. UK will never be without fan support. No one believes that.

 

What I'm saying, and I think what PP92 is saying, is that there hasn't been a Cal-coached team at UK that has had/will have to endure negativity from the fans like this team. Guys have already shut down Twitter accounts & Archie is going to be in the fan base's collective sights this week. Basically every player except Nerlens has been crushed on the message board/social media outlets.

If Archie is the 14th best prospect then I predict this draft class won't have any 20 year anniversary shows.

 

I think he is a great fit for Cal on the offensive side. Archie can play the dribble drive and get to the basket. Unfortunately, he is not great handling the ball, he is weak going to the rim and he is a terrible decision maker with the ball (or maybe so selfish passing it is not part of his decision process).

 

Yeah but a fast guy running at the rim doesn't always win games. I just don't think Archie or Alex have the personality for this job/team. I can never tell if they're at Lexington or Parris Island.

I understand what you're saying, but I see "no fan support" a little less literal than you do. UK will never be without fan support. No one believes that.

 

What I'm saying, and I think what PP92 is saying, is that there hasn't been a Cal-coached team at UK that has had/will have to endure negativity from the fans like this team. Guys have already shut down Twitter accounts & Archie is going to be in the fan base's collective sights this week. Basically every player except Nerlens has been crushed on the message board/social media outlets.

 

Right but what makes this loss the end of it like PP92 stated? They shut down twitter awhile ago and who player reads message boards or social media outlets? I don't buy "negative fan energy" as a reason this team is done.

Maybe but I simply disagree with the statement "after tonight they will have no fan support." What makes tonight so special? Notre Dame, Baylor or A&M were all probably worse losses. This team has a long list of problems, "no fan support" ain't one of them.

 

I don't disagree on this loss being worse than those. The only difference is we're closer & closer to February, which was the time of year so many fans kept holding out hope for. Fans have not seen consistent improvement from anyone, save Nerlens. The comment made on here about how in the world UK stayed to within 7 points of Duke is actually pretty revealing--the Cats have not improved since Game #2.

Right but what makes this loss the end of it like PP92 stated? They shut down twitter awhile ago and who player reads message boards or social media outlets? I don't buy "negative fan energy" as a reason this team is done.

 

And you could be right.

 

I just think it's another source of adversity that will weigh heavily on them.

I don't disagree on this loss being worse than those. The only difference is we're closer & closer to February, which was the time of year so many fans kept holding out hope for. Fans have not seen consistent improvement from anyone, save Nerlens. The comment made on here about how in the world UK stayed to within 7 points of Duke is actually pretty revealing--the Cats have not improved since Game #2.

And within 3 points of Louisville on the road, unfortunately there is no "good loss" column on the resume.

And you could be right.

 

I just think it's another source of adversity that will weigh heavily on them.

 

Fair enough. You can tell they are already feeling the pressure of at least making the tournament.

And within 3 points of Louisville on the road, unfortunately there is no "good loss" column on the resume.

 

Another game where a lot of fans hoped UK had turned the corner, but they haven't done that yet. And they may never do it.

Fair enough. You can tell they are already feeling the pressure of at least making the tournament.

 

Played really tight in the 2nd half.

 

And I also have noticed since the UT game that Cal has not been nearly as loud & animated on the sidelines. At least it seems like he's changed his sideline demeanor.

Goodwin played about as bad as you can but in his defense, he is the only player we have who attacks the rim. Everyone else is so passive, a lot of times he has no choice but to force something.

 

I very rarely criticize Cal but it seemed as though he was encouraging the driving and forced played by Goodwin and Harrow. They needed to get the ball to Kyle WAY earlier in the second half.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.