January 23, 201313 yr You are willing to concede those five losses? I'd make a LARGE wager that they do not lose all five of those. Probably not all 5 but 3 or 4 of the 5 would seem very likely to me at this point. Without Cauley-Stein UK will really struggle with Ole Miss front court. Noel is good but he can't guard multiple people by himself for 40 minutes.
January 23, 201313 yr Probably not all 5 but 3 or 4 of the 5 would seem very likely to me at this point. Without Cauley-Stein UK will really struggle with Ole Miss front court. Noel is good but he can't guard multiple people by himself for 40 minutes. They will be favored against Mizzou at home and A&M on the road most likely. If they lose three of those five, and win the rest, they are a tournament team probably.
January 23, 201313 yr I heard Polson had a +/- of +17 last night. Could that be true? Probably. He was 1000 times better than Archie or Harrow last night.
January 23, 201313 yr I heard Polson had a +/- of +17 last night. Could that be true? Please forgive me, but what does the "+/-" indicate?
January 23, 201313 yr Please forgive me, but what does the "+/-" indicate? I found this website. Would you agree with this answer? What are the stats that contribute to the final number? What does the +/- mean in basketball stats? - Yahoo! Answers
January 23, 201313 yr I found this website. Would you agree with this answer? What are the stats that contribute to the final number? What does the +/- mean in basketball stats? - Yahoo! Answers Yes, essentially it means when he was on the floor UK outscored Alabama by 17 points.
January 23, 201313 yr I heard Polson had a +/- of +17 last night. Could that be true? I believe it. He played pretty well last night. Didn't turn the ball over from what I remember and played some pretty good defense.
January 23, 201313 yr I would not draft anyone on this team except Noel. There has to be guys in the D League that can do what Archie and Poythress do. I would say that, w/ Cal's track record of getting the best out of great players, the fact that Goodwin and Poythress are exactly the same (actually Poythress is worse) as they were when they came in would scare me. Why aren't they improving? Some GM and coach will draft them in the lottery on potential, but those two wouldn't have sniffed the floor last year and it isn't b/c of talent.
January 23, 201313 yr UK's highest win is against #68. Zero top 60 wins. Not a lot of opportunities for good wins left.
January 23, 201313 yr Big win for Anthony Grant and his right hand man, Mr. John Brannen, NewCath class of '92.
January 23, 201313 yr The sky must be falling... everyone was freaking out at this point with Cal's 2nd team and they came around late in the season and got on a good run... unfortunately this team doesn't have a scorer like Knight or older players such as Miller, Harrelson, and Liggins.... We have been spoiled as fans by the Gilcrest, Davis, Wall, and Knights of the world. Sometimes when you depend on Frosh, it doesn't work out like you planned. It doesn't mean that Poythress and Goodwin aren't good players, just not great players that we need them to be yet...If either one comes back, I think they will be much better players.There is a huge difference between Cal's 2nd team and this team. Cal's 2nd team showed signs of improvement. This team has the most selfish guard play i've ever seen at UK. Goodwin is so concerned with playing at the next level that he tries to put on a show each and every night, and if the game is nationally televised like last nights was then he even plays worse. He isn't a team player, he doesn't care about the team nor does he listen to Cal. He and Harrow are the worst guards this team has had in a long time and that is because they are selfish. This team has not improved, if anything they have digressed. They played better against Duke early in the year than they have lately. As long as Goodwin is playing for himself this team has no shot. I don't give them much of a chance in the NIT and that is where they are headed. When was the last time UK had double digit losses to non ranked teams? This year they very well could lose 10 games to non ranked teams, that is not good.
January 23, 201313 yr Someone just pointed out to me that these guys (Poythress & Goodwin) may not even start next year if they stick around. At that point THEY would need Kentucky more than Kentucky would need THEM. Interesting perspective. They deffinately wouldn't start next year. with the class coming in there is no way they start. Goodwin especially with Harrison twins coming. I think that is why Goodwin is playing so selfish because he knows if he wan'ts to play in the NBA he needs to show them what he can do now...which unfortunately for him isn't showing much.
January 23, 201313 yr I don't know what Coach Cal was telling the players last night, but I think he was telling Goodwin to be aggressive and attack the basket?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.