Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alabama 59 Kentucky 55

Featured Replies

I could listen to him talk basketball all day long.

 

Completely agree. I'd love to have lunch with him one day.

  • Replies 141
  • Views 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure why you guys are wanting to see Hood so bad. He didn't bring a lot to the table before the knee surgery. I know Goodwin frustrates ya'll, but at least he gives the Cats a chance. I really don't think you could say the same with Hood.

Goodwin and Poythress are not lottery picks I don't know how many times I have to say that...everyone now seems to start agreeing with that assessment...with that being said I hope Goodwin goes because he doesn't seem coach able at this point and I don't want him to mess up next years teams chemistry...Poythress I would love to see come back, he would be a nice holdover for next years team...Here's an idea, put Goodwin on the bench and start Hood...At least Hood might allow the offense to flow and be an offense instead of driving the lane out of control every time he gets the chance to catch the ball...Hood along with Wiltjer and Mays would also make the team a little more dangerous from deep...Goodwin is no doubt more talented than Hood but I think Hood may be more suited to not make mistakes and help this team win

 

Hood gets zero minutes. If he was capable, he would be playing more than he does.

Hood gets zero minutes. If he was capable, he would be playing more than he does.

 

Goodwin is a better player, but not when he plays selfish...If he would shoot the ole. Three instead of putting his head down and driving like a bull he would help the team much more...He doesn't let the game come to him, he tries to create things that are t there...When their moving the ball with Wiltjer they are a lot more solid of a team...

Goodwin is a better player, but not when he plays selfish...If he would shoot the ole. Three instead of putting his head down and driving like a bull he would help the team much more...He doesn't let the game come to him, he tries to create things that are t there...When their moving the ball with Wiltjer they are a lot more solid of a team...

 

I don't think anyone will argue with this...but saying Hood should be in there isn't the answer to the question. If you want someone to stand on the perimeter and swing the ball, sure Hood would be great.

And maybe I am in the minority but I do not believe Goodwin is a selfish as some believe. I just think he plays out of control and is one of the few not afraid to take it to the rim. I think he is giving effort. He is just a Freshman unsure of how to play to his skill set yet. The dude played point and dished out quite a few assists.

Archie and Poythress are bad college basketball players. If they want to coast into the NBA, have fun in D league limbo for the next 4 years before you have to play over seas. Neither one has learned to even dribble yet. I feel really bad for Nerlens. Kid is a stud and plays his butt off and isn't really getting anything out of anyone else, and if someone is playing well, it's for a short time. Need some consistency and some improvement or we'll be watching the freakin' NIT.

 

I'm not sure what you mean by "bad players", Goodwin and Poythress are imo very talented players. Now, what I am saying (and maybe what you mean) is that both are very talented and both obviously have terrible attitudes/work ethic and are bad teammates. Coach Cal puts it best when he uses one of his favorite lines "they think that they poop ice cream". I have said before that I believe that both do not give a crap about being at UK and are just trying to cruise to the NBA

. As for the rest of your post I agree with you on Noel and that this team needs to step it up as a team. UK is as talented as there is, just have not bought into what Cal wants yet and for the life of me I can't figure out why. It's not like the man hasn't proved that he knows what he is doing.

And maybe I am in the minority but I do not believe Goodwin is a selfish as some believe. I just think he plays out of control and is one of the few not afraid to take it to the rim. I think he is giving effort. He is just a Freshman unsure of how to play to his skill set yet. The dude played point and dished out quite a few assists.

 

I don't think I could ever be convinced that Goodwin isn't a selfish player.

 

Playing out of control is one thing, never passing once you start a drive to open players or even giving the ball up on a 3 on 1 is not being out of control, it's being very selfish.

Sometimes you need to swing the ball from side to side on the perimeter in order to find an open shot, not drive every time you get the ball

Sometimes you need to swing the ball from side to side on the perimeter in order to find an open shot, not drive every time you get the ball

 

Well heck, give me a uniform then. Don't worry about the fact that I'm not very agile because of my knee surgery (wasn't that much to begin with haha) not quick, and couldn't guard anyone.

 

There is a reason Jon Hood doesn't play, he is in over his head at Kentucky in the Calipari era (would have been fine with Gillespie). I'm happy for him and that he is probably living the dream that many of us had growing up in Kentucky, but he doesn't bring much to the table to help this team. Saying he should get minutes over Goodwin is just dumb. Goodwin at least gives UK a chance. Playing Goodwin over Hood would be just accepting defeating.

I watched Hood play in the KY/Indiana High School All-Star game and I thought he was over matched in that game......I am not kidding!!

Well heck, give me a uniform then. Don't worry about the fact that I'm not very agile because of my knee surgery (wasn't that much to begin with haha) not quick, and couldn't guard anyone.

 

.

 

The difference between you and Hood is that at least Hood ACTED like he was interested in playing defense.

The difference between you and Hood is that at least Hood ACTED like he was interested in playing defense.

 

Haha! I worked my butt off on defense, I was just slow and short. Not a great combo.

 

Hood has much more athleticism than I've ever had, so I don't want to knock him too much. He would just be much better suited playing at another school where he would actually get some minutes. Especially since he's lost a step from his knee. And the idea of him playing more on this team isn't the answer on how to fix this team.

Goodwin and Poythress are not lottery picks I don't know how many times I have to say that...everyone now seems to start agreeing with that assessment...with that being said I hope Goodwin goes because he doesn't seem coach able at this point and I don't want him to mess up next years teams chemistry...Poythress I would love to see come back, he would be a nice holdover for next years team...Here's an idea, put Goodwin on the bench and start Hood...At least Hood might allow the offense to flow and be an offense instead of driving the lane out of control every time he gets the chance to catch the ball...Hood along with Wiltjer and Mays would also make the team a little more dangerous from deep...Goodwin is no doubt more talented than Hood but I think Hood may be more suited to not make mistakes and help this team win

 

They'll be drafted 1st round, most likely in the lottery, if they go (which I'm still positive they both do).

They'll be drafted 1st round, most likely in the lottery, if they go (which I'm still positive they both do).

 

Every up to date mock has left out Poythress completely.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.