December 18, 201213 yr Because I pay attention! Never in my life have I seen so many of these contrails. The skies have always been fairly clear except for the tiny airline stream that tailed planes but they would only be pencil then and would dissipate quickly. These things start out small but after a couple ours keep expanding until they almost form a cloud type formation. I had never noticed them like that until very recent. If you can't see the fallacy in that, well, I can't help you. I'm not sure about fallacies because who's to say anybody on here knows what is really going on (although there sure are some who believe they know everything). As for spelling and grammar, well I guess thats what I get for posting from my iPhone. I think some of you have forgot some valuable wisdom by Socrates which is the parodox in which he says he is only intelligent because he realizes he knows nothing. At the time he was credited as being the most intelligent person on the planet, to which he then explains with this parodox that he is only smart because he knows that he knows nothing. I try to stay true to that parodox in my lifetime, I know I don't really know everything, but Im far from uneducated. The biggest mistake people often make is letting their ego and their pride get the best of them. There are a lot of people on here who think they know everything and that everyone else knows nothing, obviously thats not the case but if your the type who likes to inflate the ego then pour it on it. The point I was trying to make through all of this is that most of you act like this is not even possible, well it is possible. Not saying I know what it is or what they are doing, may not be anything. But from my observations of the past decade and from the things I have read on the subject something is happening. I don't know if it is anything to do with replenishing ozone layer, changing weather patters, whatever else most of you don't want to believe, but from my experience this was never an issue until very recent. I don't believe in all of the outlandish conspiracies and all of that, but I do believe it is possible for something to be going on. Unless engineers redesigned how exhaust systems work on the newer jets, something is different with their exhaust trails than what is was say 5-10 years ago. Continue to blast me for that if you want, but I have visibly saw a difference in the last few years, sorry for making an observation. You guys can continue to live in the world of impossible, I tend to believe that anything "is" possible.
December 18, 201213 yr Author I'm not sure about fallacies because who's to say anybody on here knows what is really going on (although there sure are some who believe they know everything). As for spelling and grammar, well I guess thats what I get for posting from my iPhone. I think some of you have forgot some valuable wisdom by Socrates which is the parodox in which he says he is only intelligent because he realizes he knows nothing. At the time he was credited as being the most intelligent person on the planet, to which he then explains with this parodox that he is only smart because he knows that he knows nothing. I try to stay true to that parodox in my lifetime, I know I don't really know everything, but Im far from uneducated. The biggest mistake people often make is letting their ego and their pride get the best of them. There are a lot of people on here who think they know everything and that everyone else knows nothing, obviously thats not the case but if your the type who likes to inflate the ego then pour it on it. The point I was trying to make through all of this is that most of you act like this is not even possible, well it is possible. Not saying I know what it is or what they are doing, may not be anything. But from my observations of the past decade and from the things I have read on the subject something is happening. I don't know if it is anything to do with replenishing ozone layer, changing weather patters, whatever else most of you don't want to believe, but from my experience this was never an issue until very recent. I don't believe in all of the outlandish conspiracies and all of that, but I do believe it is possible for something to be going on. Unless engineers redesigned how exhaust systems work on the newer jets, something is different with their exhaust trails than what is was say 5-10 years ago. Continue to blast me for that if you want, but I have visibly saw a difference in the last few years, sorry for making an observation. You guys can continue to live in the world of impossible, I tend to believe that anything "is" possible. AWESOME!!!!! Thanks for saying what I wanted to say. I dont believe all the conspiracys either, I DO think we went to the moon, I do think 9-11 was terrorist, I do think JFK was covered up, I do think there is more to some things than others. Like this.
December 18, 201213 yr I'm not sure about fallacies because who's to say anybody on here knows what is really going on (although there sure are some who believe they know everything). As for spelling and grammar, well I guess thats what I get for posting from my iPhone. I think some of you have forgot some valuable wisdom by Socrates which is the parodox in which he says he is only intelligent because he realizes he knows nothing. At the time he was credited as being the most intelligent person on the planet, to which he then explains with this parodox that he is only smart because he knows that he knows nothing. I try to stay true to that parodox in my lifetime, I know I don't really know everything, but Im far from uneducated. The biggest mistake people often make is letting their ego and their pride get the best of them. There are a lot of people on here who think they know everything and that everyone else knows nothing, obviously thats not the case but if your the type who likes to inflate the ego then pour it on it. The point I was trying to make through all of this is that most of you act like this is not even possible, well it is possible. Not saying I know what it is or what they are doing, may not be anything. But from my observations of the past decade and from the things I have read on the subject something is happening. I don't know if it is anything to do with replenishing ozone layer, changing weather patters, whatever else most of you don't want to believe, but from my experience this was never an issue until very recent. I don't believe in all of the outlandish conspiracies and all of that, but I do believe it is possible for something to be going on. Unless engineers redesigned how exhaust systems work on the newer jets, something is different with their exhaust trails than what is was say 5-10 years ago. Continue to blast me for that if you want, but I have visibly saw a difference in the last few years, sorry for making an observation. You guys can continue to live in the world of impossible, I tend to believe that anything "is" possible. I have to say that I like how you think and find myself typically in the same general arena of thought. Aside from this topic, and on just about any topic in general, the general public, to no fault of their own, seem typically challenged when it comes to thinking outside of the box. That's not to say that I'm 'all that', but very often in life I can't begin to propose any new or different thoughts to the average folk as it usually just backfires on me and I'm considered the nut-job for having offered not so run-of-the-mill ideas. There are "thinkers" and then there are followers of the "status quo" generally accepted ideas. History is constantly reminding us that the culture ultimately moves forward because of the thinkers who at the time of their initial ideas had been considered ridiculous by the masses. The present day masses will honor past thinkers because in hindsight they can accept their worth, however they rarely accept present day thinkers, and pass them off as kooks. It's frustrating, but sadly it's just the way that it is. Not too many ways around it. They are the masses and while they are, they rule whether they deserve to or not.
December 18, 201213 yr I have to say that I like how you think and find myself typically in the same general arena of thought. Aside from this topic, and on just about any topic in general, the general public, to no fault of their own, seem typically challenged when it comes to thinking outside of the box. That's not to say that I'm 'all that', but very often in life I can't begin to propose any new or different thoughts to the average folk as it usually just backfires on me and I'm considered the nut-job for having offered not so run-of-the-mill ideas. There are "thinkers" and then there are followers of the "status quo" generally accepted ideas. History is constantly reminding us that the culture ultimately moves forward because of the thinkers who at the time of their initial ideas had been considered ridiculous by the masses. The present day masses will honor past thinkers because in hindsight they can accept their worth, however they rarely accept present day thinkers, and pass them off as kooks. It's frustrating, but sadly it's just the way that it is. Not too many ways around it. They are the masses and while they are, they rule whether they deserve to or not. I agree whole heartedly, for the most part people are just too narrow minded and self loving to think outside the box. Hundreds and thousands of times through human history there have been instances in which things once thought impossible were proven to be possible. Everyone once thought the earth was flat, they thought that royalty was different than peasants because their light skin allowed you to see their blue veins while you couldn't see the blue veins on a peasants sun tanned skin, thus the phrase "blue bloods". Time and time again many common and accepted ideas have fell by the wayside all because people had enough guts to challenge things that at the time were common assumption. That's why people can rip on me all they want, doesn't bother me a bit, I understand not everyone is going to have the same thought process so I don't really take it to heart. Just my personal experiences and my experiences through psychology have led me to be the thinker I am today, I realize not everyone shares the same background. If everyone thought outside the box, there would be too many crazy ideas, there needs to be middle ground and luckily we have people on both sides (although theres far more conservatives than free thinkers). Edited December 18, 201213 yr by dolamite
December 18, 201213 yr I agree whole heartedly, for the most part people are just too narrow minded and self loving to think outside the box. Hundreds and thousands of times through human history there have been instances in which things once thought impossible were proven to be possible. Everyone once thought the earth was flat, they thought that royalty was different than peasants because their light skin allowed you to see their blue veins while you couldn't see the blue veins on a peasants sun tanned skin, thus the phrase "blue bloods". Time and time again many common and accepted ideas have fell by the wayside all because people had enough guts to challenge things that at the time were common assumption. That's why people can rip on me all they want, doesn't bother me a bit, I understand not everyone is going to have the same thought process so I don't really take it to heart. Just my personal experiences and my experiences through psychology have led me to be the thinker I am today, I realize not everyone shares the same background. If everyone thought outside the box, there would be too many crazy ideas, there needs to be middle ground and luckily we have people on both sides (although theres far more conservatives than free thinkers). True Dat on all accounts man ... It's refreshing to hear from a real thinker once in a great while.
December 19, 201213 yr 68 responses to a thread started by Mt Ref. Is this a new record? Who in the world thought it would be this topic? If you guys like this topic...you'll love this guy. George Noory - Coast to Coast AM
December 19, 201213 yr Ok. Another thought on this...sorry. Maybe there is a difference in the time the contrails are visible, but maybe the difference isn't the content of the trails, but the upper atmosphere has changed....ie. CO2, etc.
December 19, 201213 yr OK...I am taking this thread seriously, but not because I believe there is a conspiracy. But the condensation from your breath quickly evaporates, usually in less than a second. Condensation trails from a jet can last for many minutes, even for hours sometimes. So why is there this difference? Why do jet contrails sometime persist, but your breath condensation quickly evaporate? The difference is because a contrail freezes. It’s really that simple. Contrails form at -40 degrees Fahrenheit (which is also -40 Celsius), or colder. At that temperature the tiny drops of condensed water will instantly freeze. Once frozen they can not evaporate. They also can’t melt, as it’s -40. They can however fade away through a process known as “sublimation” – where a solid turns into a gas. Based on this discussion above....there IS a reason why contrails (may or may not) are visible longer. Jets are flying higher than they did years ago due to technological improvements where the air is colder. tadaaaa!!!
December 23, 201213 yr Why did that meteorologist say the military sprays if it doesn't happen? Was he paid to say that by the film maker? Why did the second meteorologist say the same thing? Also paid?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.