Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5A Playoffs: #4 Conner at #5 Franklin County

Who wins? 70 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I've tried to stay quiet about this game for a while. I was hoping it would happen again. I'm going with FC this year. I was there last year and left very disappointed as did many of us Flyer fans. I think the players at FC might have been looking past Conner last year. I don't see that happening this season. The players are motivated to not to let it happen again and prove the majority of the people outside of Frankfort wrong. Everyone is picking against them. I just don't see Timmons, Woodside, Maupin, and the rest allowing the team to lose. Whether it be recovering inside kicks this year, finishing a way to get a couple stops or turnovers, or even having to score in the 80s I just don't see FC letting this one go. I think Conner has a great team and was very impressed with them last season and all this season. Also, the fans were a class act last year after the playoff win where they could of easily acted like fools after the upset. Good luck to both teams and all the kids in this game who we will be watching pn Saturdays in the next couple of seasons. Go Flyers!!!

 

Franklin County 63

Conner 51

  • Replies 130
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Franklin County Flyers

Playoff Appearances: 21

*Second Round Record: 0-7

 

Conner Cougars

Playoff Appearances: 15

*Second Round Record: 3-2

 

Past Playoff Meetings

2011 - Conner 84, Franklin County 48

 

 

*Current Second Round set-up began in 1991

 

I know Franklin County has played horrible lately in the 2nd round but how are they 0-7 in the second round when they have been to the state semi's twice in the 70's? Just wondering where this information is located?

I know Franklin County has played horrible lately in the 2nd round but how are they 0-7 in the second round when they have been to the state semi's twice in the 70's? Just wondering where this information is located?

 

In the post, if you look at it there are * next to the second round results. The * indicates the second round records since the current set up began in 1991. So they are 0-7 in second round games since 1991. What they did in the 70's does not fit into this category.

I've tried to stay quiet about this game for a while. I was hoping it would happen again. I'm going with FC this year. I was there last year and left very disappointed as did many of us Flyer fans. I think the players at FC might have been looking past Conner last year. I don't see that happening this season. The players are motivated to not to let it happen again and prove the majority of the people outside of Frankfort wrong. Everyone is picking against them. I just don't see Timmons, Woodside, Maupin, and the rest allowing the team to lose. Whether it be recovering inside kicks this year, finishing a way to get a couple stops or turnovers, or even having to score in the 80s I just don't see FC letting this one go. I think Conner has a great team and was very impressed with them last season and all this season. Also, the fans were a class act last year after the playoff win where they could of easily acted like fools after the upset. Good luck to both teams and all the kids in this game who we will be watching pn Saturdays in the next couple of seasons. Go Flyers!!!

 

Franklin County 63

Conner 51

 

It's crazy to forecast a playoff game in the 2nd round having that many points.

 

It's even crazier that it has a high chance of happening.

If the rushing stat I saw on Timmons is accurate, he is averaging almost 20 yards per carry. :eek: He has over 1,000 yards rushing on 50'some carries.

If the rushing stat I saw on Timmons is accurate, he is averaging almost 20 yards per carry. :eek: He has over 1,000 yards rushing on 50'some carries.

That is insane....He should go play for Oregon :lol:

I know Franklin County has played horrible lately in the 2nd round but how are they 0-7 in the second round when they have been to the state semi's twice in the 70's? Just wondering where this information is located?

 

In the post, if you look at it there are * next to the second round results. The * indicates the second round records since the current set up began in 1991. So they are 0-7 in second round games since 1991. What they did in the 70's does not fit into this category.

 

That is correct, Hammer. Prior to 1991 there was no "second round" as we know it today. During the mid-1970s and 1980s when two teams per district made the playoffs, there was a first round, regional final, state semifinal, and state championship. Prior to the mid-1970s when only the district winner advanced, there was simply a regional final, state semifinal, and state championship. So if Franklin County were to win Friday night, next week's preview would show their records in regional final games, which they have participated in a couple times.

 

As for the location of the information, I did all of the research a few years back and have it on my computer at home. I forwarded it on to the KHSAA and they ran the scores in the championship program for a few years (although they no longer do that). I did the breakdown of records by rounds, but didn't send that to the KHSAA.

Conner has played a much tougher schedule than FC and that will be the difference as this game heads to the later stages.

 

I have talked to a few Conner players and they are very determined to prove that last year was no fluke whatsoever. This team has played it's best football in its biggest games this season. That trend will continue Friday night.

I think the two have played similar schedules minus Cov. Cath. Who would you put ahead of FC schedule wise?

Anderson nearly beat FC, correct? Look what Cooper did to Anderson.

Anderson nearly beat FC, correct? Look what Cooper did to Anderson.

 

I agree, but I dont think that would happen every time they played so you got Cooper as a tough team and Cov. Cath. What else, I think the schedules are pretty close actually, I think Conner and FCHS are very similar in so many ways, they have had their ups and downs all year. You could argue that Conner has two losses much like FC has two bad games vs. Lesser teams. I think this game is even in a lot of ways. Friday will be a barn burner, comes down to special teams and turnovers.

 

I agree, but I dont think that would happen every time they played so you got Cooper as a tough team and Cov. Cath. What else, I think the schedules are pretty close actually, I think Conner and FCHS are very similar in so many ways, they have had their ups and downs all year. You could argue that Conner has two losses much like FC has two bad games vs. Lesser teams. I think this game is even in a lot of ways. Friday will be a barn burner, comes down to special teams and turnovers.

 

Last sentence is spot on SK.

Anyone from Franklin know if this is the game of the Week on Frankfort plant board?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.