Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5A Playoffs: #4 Conner at #5 Franklin County

Who wins? 70 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Its funny that we hear all about outsiders when half of the people making comments haven't seen FC in person this season. Your basing your opinions on last years game and on two games against Scott that you know the score of. I think it's great that the majority of the people making comments on this topic are picking against FC. I think it will be a great game but it's going to be high scoring end of discussion.

  • Replies 130
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Conner 50-42.

Folks yes last years game was awful for Franklin Co. But this isn't last year. This team has made stops on defense when they had too.

 

This team scores every 20 seconds. They are fun group to watch and they win on Friday.

 

They need 1 more point than Conner. If it takes 84 to win I see them getting it done. But don't be shock when the defense make stops on Friday.

That would be pretty impressive if FC scored every 20 seconds.. I honestly believe Conner has too many weapons for FC to stop. On the other side of the ball, from what I understand Franklin Co is pretty much a 2 man show with Woodside and Timmons. I don't see FC's defense being able to stop enough of Conner's weapons to win this game. If they stop two of them, there are still 4 others that are more than capable of having huge games.

Its funny that we hear all about outsiders when half of the people making comments haven't seen FC in person this season. Your basing your opinions on last years game and on two games against Scott that you know the score of. I think it's great that the majority of the people making comments on this topic are picking against FC. I think it will be a great game but it's going to be high scoring end of discussion.

 

 

True. As RE pointed out above, making predictions/opinions without seeing the teams can lead to mistakes. I am not using last year's game though. I am looking at what these teams have done this year. The 10 points to Scott was good but Franklin County has given up 55 and 52 in recent games. This year's team allows a lot of points. Conner's defense has allowed a lot of points including 57 to South Oldham. All I can do as an outsider is look at scores and use them to make my guess. Yes, it is going to be high scoring and I really am not seeing anything that tells me either team's defense is capable of stopping the other. For people who like high scoring games, this is about as good as it gets on paper.

Is it Friday yet?? :popcorn:

 

I hear ya. Once it gets to Wednesday, the excitement really starts to build, especially for a big game like the one your team is facing.

That would be pretty impressive if FC scored every 20 seconds.. I honestly believe Conner has too many weapons for FC to stop. On the other side of the ball, from what I understand Franklin Co is pretty much a 2 man show with Woodside and Timmons. I don't see FC's defense being able to stop enough of Conner's weapons to win this game. If they stop two of them, there are still 4 others that are more than capable of having huge games.

 

A 2 man show?? Really that just shows you don't know anything about FC. Besides Ryan and Logan there are numerous weapons for FC. Greg Maupin scored 3 TDs last week and has had many games with multiple TDs from the WR spot. Maupin has 12 TD's this season, McKaskill also has 12, and Roberts has 10. So for a 2 man show I guess these guys all got there TD's in the JV game. That's an absolute ridiculous statement to make.

A 2 man show?? Really that just shows you don't know anything about FC. Besides Ryan and Logan there are numerous weapons for FC. Greg Maupin scored 3 TDs last week and has had many games with multiple TDs from the WR spot. Maupin has 12 TD's this season, McKaskill also has 12, and Roberts has 10. So for a 2 man show I guess these guys all got there TD's in the JV game. That's an absolute ridiculous statement to make.

 

I think the statement made is far from "ridiculious"... What I'm saying is that other than Woodside and Timmons, who are two excellent football players, they really don't have anyone who will pose a huge threat. Sure the other guys have lots of TD's. And Im sure most of them came in games that were well out of hand due to the fact that Woodside and Timmons got FC out to a huge lead. So to comment on your statement about them scoring in JV games.. That could be partly correct. Will these other guys be able to step up when it counts? FC is not going to be able to simply line up and 'out-speed' or 'out-athlete' Conner this week. Timmons isn't going to be open every time, or score on every carry, FC has not played a team as good as Conner all year long. Other people will have to step up when it counts this week. I havent seen Franklin Co yet this year, but I know their schedule, and who they play.. Not a very difficult schedule, and this will hurt them.

Edited by Drop The Hammer

Buckett, you need to chime in here because you've coached against these kids. If you think the rest of the kids aren't threats you are sadly mistaken. I guarentee the coaches at Conner look at Maupin, McKaskill, and Roberts as threats. I hope you change your mind after watching them play. Obviously I'm a FC guy and you're a Conner guy so we are gonna be biased towards our teams but I just feel you are selling some of the other players at FC a little short.

That would be pretty impressive if FC scored every 20 seconds.. I honestly believe Conner has too many weapons for FC to stop. On the other side of the ball, from what I understand Franklin Co is pretty much a 2 man show with Woodside and Timmons. I don't see FC's defense being able to stop enough of Conner's weapons to win this game. If they stop two of them, there are still 4 others that are more than capable of having huge games.

 

We got a few other folks than just two! We got a few kids who can get a yard here am there.

Buckett, you need to chime in here because you've coached against these kids. If you think the rest of the kids aren't threats you are sadly mistaken. I guarentee the coaches at Conner look at Maupin, McKaskill, and Roberts as threats. I hope you change your mind after watching them play. Obviously I'm a FC guy and you're a Conner guy so we are gonna be biased towards our teams but I just feel you are selling some of the other players at FC a little short.

 

I will chime in here. What most people do not understand is that, because of the talent level of Woodside and Timmons, the rest are overlooked. FC's supporting cast is very good. Yes there have been some issues about giving up points, but their defense is on the field for along time in some of these games because the offense scores quicker than you can say "Conner". I think that Maupin, Roberts, McCaskell, the Hurste kid and others, do cause problems as well because so much attention is put on Timmons and Woodside. I think FC may have it figured out this year because their kids just refuse to lose.

Thank You CoachHawk. Another example of someone who has been around and coached against some of these kids their entire career.

Like I keep saying this game is a dead heat, athletes all over the place for both sides, and two studs on each team,

Barn burner! But I will keep my car warmed up in case Conner blows my Flyers out first half.

This will not be a "blow out" by either team. Stupid statements are difficult to defend. Both teams play 11 on the field at the same time. Both teams must be ready to defend whoever lines up across from them. This match up should come down to turnovers and special team performance.

It will be a great game.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.