Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5A Playoffs: #4 Conner at #5 Franklin County

Who wins? 70 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I think the statement made is far from "ridiculious"... What I'm saying is that other than Woodside and Timmons, who are two excellent football players, they really don't have anyone who will pose a huge threat. Sure the other guys have lots of TD's. And Im sure most of them came in games that were well out of hand due to the fact that Woodside and Timmons got FC out to a huge lead. So to comment on your statement about them scoring in JV games.. That could be partly correct. Will these other guys be able to step up when it counts? FC is not going to be able to simply line up and 'out-speed' or 'out-athlete' Conner this week. Timmons isn't going to be open every time, or score on every carry, FC has not played a team as good as Conner all year long. Other people will have to step up when it counts this week. I havent seen Franklin Co yet this year, but I know their schedule, and who they play.. Not a very difficult schedule, and this will hurt them.

 

I'll see if I can talk to one of the offensive coaches

At FC and see if he can give the "other" kids a few

more touches Friday to see if those kids can

pose a "threat" or not! Hopefully I'll have a little

influence on him

  • Replies 130
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll see if I can talk to one of the offensive coaches

At FC and see if he can give the "other" kids a few

more touches Friday to see if those kids can

pose a "threat" or not! Hopefully I'll have a little

influence on him

 

I'm sure you will!!! Hopefully you can convince him to let those "other guys" get some scores against the varsity and not the jv.

I'll see if I can talk to one of the offensive coaches

At FC and see if he can give the "other" kids a few

more touches Friday to see if those kids can

pose a "threat" or not! Hopefully I'll have a little

influence on him

 

Yeah, with it being war week.....

You guys are twisting my words into knots.. I never said they were JV kids. Never said they weren't any good. Simply stated that this week is going to be much different than previous weeks for your flyers.. I'll say it again, conner is the best team you guys have played thus far. Timmons will not be open every time, nor will he score every carry. The "other" guys, as you all were referring to them are going to have to step up in critical game time. I never once said they were scrubs or anything closely related to it.

 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Epic using Forum Runner

I'm just glad that the KHSAA has allowed our poor little talentless FC team a chance to play such a superior group of athletes! I just hope we can keep it close for 5-10 minutes to make your trip down from Northern KY worth it.

I'm just glad that the KHSAA has allowed our poor little talentless FC team a chance to play such a superior group of athletes! I just hope we can keep it close for 5-10 minutes to make your trip down from Northern KY worth it.

 

My sister now lives in Frankfort but she never told me how sensitive everyone is down there. I would hate to see the reaction is someone actually said something negative about the football team. Fact is Franklin County's schedule is not as tough as Conner's but they are 11-0 and you have to give credit for that, you still have to play the games. This should be a very good game against 2 teams that are very evenly matched, wish I could make the trip. Food for thought below:

 

 

Rank School State League Division W-L League W-L Division W-L Rating Schedule Strength Opponents' W-L

5 Franklin County (Frankfort, KY) team preview Kentucky 5A District 6 5A 11-0 5-0 (1st) 8-0 35.6 6.8 53-65

WINS: #2723 Anderson County (Lawrenceburg, KY) (56-52), #3862 Frankfort (KY) (62-30), #3875 Nelson County (Bardstown, KY) (62-41), #5423 Montgomery County (Mt. Sterling, KY) (63-21), #5568 Scott (Covington, KY) (63-31), #5568 Scott (Covington, KY) (48-10), #5989 West Jessamine (Nicholasville, KY) (42-21), #7350 Woodford County (Versailles, KY) (76-55), #7503 East Jessamine (Nicholasville, KY) (35-22), #9433 Letcher County Central (Whitesburg, KY) (77-28), #12916 Western Hills (Frankfort, KY) (63-0), LOSSES: none

Rank School State League Division W-L League W-L Division W-L Rating Schedule Strength Opponents' W-L

6 Conner (Hebron, KY) team preview Kentucky 5A District 5 5A 9-2 3-1 (t 1st) 4-1 34.3 15.6 59-61

WINS: #669 Cooper (Burlington, KY) (38-21), #1169 Covington Catholic (Park Hills, KY) (13-12), #1840 Campbell County (Alexandria, KY) (35-28), #3888 Ryle (Union, KY) (27-21), #4965 Boone County (Florence, KY) (31-19), #5423 Montgomery County (Mt. Sterling, KY) (49-20), #5568 Scott (Covington, KY) (39-32), #8493 Holy Cross (Covington, KY) (67-21), #10630 Grant County (Dry Ridge, KY) (42-6), LOSSES: #2459 South Oldham (Crestwood, KY) (63-57), #5248 Dixie Heights (Edgewood, KY) (33-31)

Ratings.jpg

Edited by coach14
file did not load properly

McKaskill is lighten fast... Gets out on the edge it's TD.

Coach 14,

 

Agreed my friend. Seems like there is a high level of sensitivity on here, coupled with a high level of sarcasm. Not a good combo. Sound like babies. Nobody said anything negative towards your team. Get over yourselves. Sounding like a bunch of children.

 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Epic using Forum Runner

I think the statement made is far from "ridiculious"... What I'm saying is that other than Woodside and Timmons, who are two excellent football players, they really don't have anyone who will pose a huge threat. Sure the other guys have lots of TD's. And Im sure most of them came in games that were well out of hand due to the fact that Woodside and Timmons got FC out to a huge lead. So to comment on your statement about them scoring in JV games.. That could be partly correct. Will these other guys be able to step up when it counts? FC is not going to be able to simply line up and 'out-speed' or 'out-athlete' Conner this week. Timmons isn't going to be open every time, or score on every carry, FC has not played a team as good as Conner all year long. Other people will have to step up when it counts this week. I havent seen Franklin Co yet this year, but I know their schedule, and who they play.. Not a very difficult schedule, and this will hurt them.

 

You are way off here. Greg Maupin, Lorenzo McCaskill are crazy good. They have carried the Flyers when Timmons has had an off night. And Logan Woodside (QB) is as tough as a competitor as you will ever see, believe me. Technically the Flyer D has improved tremendously over the last 3 weeks. If you haven't seen them live, you have zero basis on you assumptions. And yes, I've seen Conner play this year.

That would be pretty impressive if FC scored every 20 seconds.. I honestly believe Conner has too many weapons for FC to stop. On the other side of the ball, from what I understand Franklin Co is pretty much a 2 man show with Woodside and Timmons. I don't see FC's defense being able to stop enough of Conner's weapons to win this game. If they stop two of them, there are still 4 others that are more than capable of having huge games.

 

This is what you stated and it is totally uninformed, that is why you get grumbling from the FC folks. Sorry to ruffle the feathers of the superior NKY bunch, geez....

 

This is what you stated and it is totally uninformed, that is why you get grumbling from the FC folks. Sorry to ruffle the feathers of the superior NKY bunch, geez....

 

It's ok

 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Epic using Forum Runner

It's ok

 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Epic using Forum Runner

 

Right! Since you have never seen them this year and have bad info. I get it. :D

Win or lose: This is the last time you'll get this shot at redemption Seniors. You know how it felt last year! Leave it all on the field and you'll never have any regrets. Play every game as if it were your last one.

This game should be on ESPN. Just kidding I love the Flyers and their defense has been playing awesome. If Chris Roberts is able to play for Franklin on defense I believe they will win by a score of 54-45. If Chris does not play I believe Conner will win 54-45. How's that for thoughts :notworthy:

This game should be on ESPN. Just kidding I love the Flyers and their defense has been playing awesome. If Chris Roberts is able to play for Franklin on defense I believe they will win by a score of 54-45. If Chris does not play I believe Conner will win 54-45. How's that for thoughts :notworthy:

 

I was just wondering about this young man. Haven't heard too much on this forum. He had a great game last year versus Conner. I would also like to point out that Fogle did not play almost 3 full quarters because of a knee injury last year. That has been over-looked because, well, Conner scored 84...

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.