NDA Takes Down Brossart in NKY girls Soccer 2-0

NDA kept up the domination of NKY soccer by beating a Brossart team that came in with high hopes. It was a well played game that did not see a lot of shots on goal due to both teams defensive play. The 1st half goal was scored on a Controversial no call for an off side infraction which saw the NDA player tapped the ball in undefended due to everyone stopping. :idunno: Bad time to stop playing while the ball was still live. 1-0 1st half. Second half more of the same. Hard play on both side and finally NDA broke through and scored a very nice goal on a runner down the middle. 2-0 final for 2 very good teams. NDA's speed took Brossart out of the ball control game (which they do very well) most of the game with their speed and beating them to many balls.

Good luck to both teams as they head into the playoffs. :p

NDA kept up the domination of NKY soccer by beating a Brossart team that came in with high hopes. It was a well played game that did not see a lot of shots on goal due to both teams defensive play. The 1st half goal was scored on a Controversial no call for an off side infraction which saw the NDA player tapped the ball in undefended due to everyone stopping. :idunno: Bad time to stop playing while the ball was still live. 1-0 1st half. Second half more of the same. Hard play on both side and finally NDA broke through and scored a very nice goal on a runner down the middle. 2-0 final for 2 very good teams. NDA's speed took Brossart out of the ball control game (which they do very well) most of the game with their speed and beating them to many balls.

Good luck to both teams as they head into the playoffs. :p

That is how St. Henry beat NCC 1-0 in the pouring rain with only playing a half....the one lone goal came off a controversal no call off sides by 5 to 10 feet and caught them standing in the mud as St. Henry tapped the goal. Off sides has been missed numerous times this year and the side line judge responded with a laugh and "wasn't that a nice run" comment. He was side ways and missed it in the rain. Hate to see a close game come down to something like that.

NDA is a joy to watch as they spread out and pass and work together with skill and don't rely on physical assults and borderline calls. Sounds like I missed a good game. Hope to catch that match up again down the road. Enjoy both styles of play.

Really! Offsides on the first goal? The assist was credited to NDA's keeper off her long punt and I really did not see anyone stop playing as the defenders were on the scorers hip as she shot and the keeper was still trying to make a play!!

NDA had a second goal in the first half called back from an offsides call that looked like a perfectly timed run off a great seam pass. I did not have a great angle on it, so maybe the side got it correct.

BB did spread the ball well in the first half and they should win their region. Good luck!

The first goal ND scored was a close call. I was on that end of the field and seen the whole play. If it wasnt offsides it was very close! But your right, you play till you hear a whistle. Brossart was playing without one of there top players and had a couple other ones banged up but I dont know if that wouldve changed the outcome? ND has a very good team and they play 110% from start to finish. It was a hard fought defensive game and both teams played a great game. Both should do very well in the regionals.

I was very close to the goal on the first half score and it was not even close to off side. The ND keeper punted the ball, it hit ground beyond mid field, bounced over one BB defender and was run onto by Eckerle after she ran past the defender. She had another defender dogging her as she knocked the ball cleanly past the keeper who had not stopped playing and did make a nice attempt at a save. BB will cruise early in the tournament.

Offsides is when the ball is played (kicked) so when the goalie punts the ball and is not touch by anyone (on the attack) that is when the offsides occurs. The striker sounds like she started her run when the punt was made which puts her onside if she had the second to last defender between her and the goal WHEN THE KICKED OCCURED.

Offsides is when the ball is played (kicked) so when the goalie punts the ball and is not touch by anyone (on the attack) that is when the offsides occurs. The striker sounds like she started her run when the punt was made which puts her onside if she had the second to last defender between her and the goal WHEN THE KICKED OCCURED.

The ball was touched by 1 of the NDA's forward before the shoot was taken by a different girl. The goalie should not have be given the assist. That was the Brossart coaches arguement but the center ref said he did not see it touch her. If he would have it would have been OFFSIDES. He missed what others saw but that happens. This is not intended to take anything away from NDA, they deserved to win that game. They outplayed Brossart in the second half but all thing taken it was a great game. I am just stating what I saw and how I would have ruled it if I was the center ref. Others may not have seen it that way and thats OK. Just my side of it and a few others that saw it that way. Good luck to both teams and I would love to see them play again on a Neutral field.

I would love to see them play again on a Neutral field.

Why? Was crowd noise a factor? Did more than 5 students suddenly show up? From what I know about soccer matches only the parents and siblings go, and from what I know about the NDA set up, everyone from both teams sit on the same side, with the track and a healthy sideline between the pitch and the "stands". The crowd is far removed and so quiet you can hear a mouse peeing on cotton. It doesn't get more neutral than playing at NDA.

I would not call playing on the field you practice on every day, at your school, in your locker room neutral. Get on a bus and drive to a field 1 1/2 - 2 hours ahead of time does make a difference. Not saying it would change the results but it could take them out of the very nice comfort zone in Park Hills maybe a little bit.