Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Omar Vizquel a HOF?

Featured Replies

I saw this topic on Facebook and I thought this would be a good question to bring up.

 

Here are some of his stats and achievements over his career:

 

24 years in the bigs (1989-2012)

3x All-Star (1998-99, 2002)

11x Gold Glove Award winner (1993-2001, 2005-06)

1996 Hutch Award winner

.272 Career batting average

2,874 Hits

949 RBI's

1445 Runs scored

Career fielding percentage of .985

Just passed Babe Ruth in hits.

 

With everything else, absolutely.

I think he's borderline, but voting for him is certainly defensible.

Not until Davey Concepcion gets in.

When Concepcion is Inducted Omar can hand him the Plaque!:thumb:

I think he's borderline, but voting for him is certainly defensible.

 

Agreed.

First thought for me is no. Never won an MVP, or lead the league in any offensive category. Decent hitter, but never feared by anyone. Lots of hits, but he's played a long time. He was probably the best defensive shortstop of his generation. He's certainly a borderline guy in my opinion, who may get in, but it will take a few ballots.

I can't see it happening, though I believe he is close.

I don't think so although I wouldn't argue if he made it.

When you first say his name...I don't think Hall of Famer. He might still get in but I think it might take a while.

Not until Davey Concepcion gets in.

 

I agree with you 100%

If Ozzie Smith is, Vizquel DEFINITELY is.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.