If CovCath gets the chance against Beechwood should they...

theguru

It removes the aura of playing in a varsity game. The more minutes they can get in a varsity game regardless of circumstances, the better it is. Then we you need one of them in a crucial game because of injury, it isn't as big a deal getting into a varsity game. Plus, when the 2's/JV come in on offense, they often get to play against the starting defense of the opponent which gives them some experience versus a starting varsity football team.

I see what you're saying. I just question how beneficial that experience truly is. It's one thing to come and play JV vs starters but if one of the JV kids has to fill in for a starter because of injury in a tight game then I'm not seeing how playing in the blowout made it easier for him. Just my way of thinking and I definitely wouldn't know. I'd love to hear other's thoughts as well as personal testimony to it.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Coach Werth will not run it up, if it gets out of hand he will run in the 2nd & 3rd line. He is a class act and not his style. NOW if it were Highlands, HELL yes! run it up, run it over and back over them again.

Coach WIRTH will not run up the score no matter the opponent. However, I smell sour grapes...

I think the loosing team members should all get individual "better luck next time" trophies simply for showing up and having the correct numbered jerseys on. That's only after the difference in game score reaches an excess of 35 points. If 35, THEY GET NOTHING!

Just a feeble attempt at humorous sarcasm.

"Run Up" the score?

Why or why not?

Put me down for a yes. CCH is in competition for many of the same student-athletes as Beechwood so it is in CCH's best interests to pound the Tigers and pound them hard.

Thoughts?

This is the worst thread I've seen since joining BluegrassPreps......not even going to express how ridiculous this is......

Well I don't know what CC will do but I can show you what Mayfield against Bw with a safe lead. Victory formation [ATTACH=CONFIG]37402[/ATTACH]

And here is what you guys will do when you are on the ropes .....

You keep setting them up .... and I will keep on knocking them down!

TheBigJoke.jpg

Quick, knock this down 5-0 Mayfield!

I was contributing to the thread in a positive manner showing how we treated Bw by taking a knee. A classy move as we could have easily added to the mauling we inflicted on you guys but we took the high road. I can't understand why you would post a picture that has zero to do with the thread other than demonstrate why Cov Cath may want to run up the score if the rest of "the guys" act like you are. This is another example of poor sportmanship, sorta like the one "the guys" showed late in last years Mayfield game where the refs were forced to call 4 unsportmanship penalities in a row. Actions like that Friday might lead Cov Cath to run it up if they are in position too. But since we are on the topic, can you post a frame or 2 before that where the ball appears to be tipped.

Edited by Ram

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37403[/ATTACH]

Please don't post his crap on behalf of Beechwood. It makes all BW fans look like sore losers. Most of us moved on a few days later. ... Ok maybe a week

Quick, knock this down 5-0 Mayfield!

I was contributing to the thread in a positive manner showing how we treated Bw by taking a knee. A classy move as we could have easily added to the mauling we inflicted on you guys but we took the high road. I can't understand why you would post a picture that has zero to do with the thread other than demonstrate why Cov Cath may want to run up the score if the rest of "the guys" act like you are. This is another example of poor sportmanship, sorta like the one "the guys" showed late in last years Mayfield game where the refs were forced to call 4 unsportmanship penalities in a row. Actions like that Friday might lead Cov Cath to run it up if they are in position too. But since we are on the topic, can you post a frame or 2 before that where the ball appears to be tipped.

Ha, ha .. nice response ... I will send you a PM.

Edited by Ram

Please don't post his crap on behalf of Beechwood. It makes all BW fans look like sore losers. Most of us moved on a few days later. ... Ok maybe a week

You are entitled to your opinion ... which I respect ... but disagree with completely.

It is something that pretty much all of us think about frequently (not to mention the young men who played their hearts out that night).

Toothpick opened himself up to this when he decided to insert another Mayfield vs Beechwood barb ....