If CovCath gets the chance against Beechwood should they...

theguru

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are entitled to your opinion ... which I respect ... but disagree with completely.

It is something that pretty much all of us think about frequently (not to mention the young men who played their hearts out that night).

Toothpick opened himself up to this when he decided to insert another Mayfield vs Beechwood barb ....

I don't disagree with any of that. In fact, I posted the picture. .... Last year when it was relevant.

IMO it does not matter.

You may be right, but I'll give some examples from the eastern part of the state: Johnson Central used to be less then good and Paintsville was the football power in Johnson County. Johnson Central started winning got a nice facility and all of a sudden Paintsville has 30 players and records like 2-9, 3-7, 1-9 and Johnson Central is now seen as a state power. Paintsville soon stopped playing Johnson Central.

Russell was a power in their class, they started playing Raceland, Raceland has owned the Red Devils in that series and there have been a lot of young kids, Junior high and elementary, transfer to Raceland. Russell has dropped Raceland from the schedule starting next year.

It can happen.

Getting ugly in here. Has Beechwood ever had a running clock put on them? I can only remember Mayfield in 04 having one, we went up to Evansville and played Evansville North, I think the final score was 63-10. My son was on that team and it was a humbling experience. I could see where it could break the will of a team if they got just totally blown out, it could be a season wrecker.

Do you think there is a pool of kids that have the potential to go to either school or is that a myth? Basically guru's argument was based upon a belief there was such a pool.

If there is a pool, it's a very shallow one. Can't say one or two kids/parents haven't made the choice over the years, but it's not like there's 4 or 5 kids making that choice every year.

I just hope CovCath wins and nobody on either side get hurts! I would love for CovCath to get a shutout but the win by 1 point is what matters to me!

This is a fun game and most of the fans sitting in the stands grew up and played with each other and most probably go out after the game and have a beer together or see each other at a neighborhood bar/restaurant after the game. Lets keep it that way!

Kids read this and as adults, we have a responsibility to teach them that win or lose, you treat each other with respect and your still friends and neighbor after the game!

TOG off the soapbox

So if CovCath gets a big lead they should put in the JV seems to be the popular opinion. Is the CovCath JV allowed to score if the opportunity presents itself or would that be 'running up' the score?

That's not running up the score IMO unless you are throwing every down and calling timeouts to try and score more.