If CovCath gets the chance against Beechwood should they...

theguru

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Call me Polly Anne but I don't believe in amature athletics it's ever ok to "run up the score". If you're in a league and getting paid with everything fair and equal then have at it but I don't think it can be viewed as a postive in this case. Besides if CovCath wants to maintain the support of Jesus over the public schools they better be careful. WWJD? :D

Call me Polly Anne but I don't believe in amature athletics it's ever ok to "run up the score". If you're in a league and getting paid with everything fair and equal then have at it but I don't think it can be viewed as a postive in this case. Besides if CovCath wants to maintain the support of Jesus over the public schools they better be careful. WWJD? :D

I hear what you are saying, that why "run up" is "run up" and not run up.

So for you Camel, should CovCath pound Beechwood?

I hear what you are saying, that why "run up" is "run up" and not run up.

So for you Camel, should CovCath pound Beechwood?

They should pound them if possible, but if and when it is obviously out of hand the pounding should only proceed with the use of 2nd and 3rd team players with a liberal amount of handoffs.

No mature adult or coach with class ever "runs up" the score on any opponent. I am assuming "run up" means you are up by 5 TD's with 5 minutes to go and you leave the first team in to score again.

If you are saying "run up" means beat them by as much as you can while being a sportsman, absolutely. But that should not be a topic for a thread because that should be very team's goal in every game.

If we want to discuss how a lopsided game should be handled, here are my rules:

1. The first half, anything goes. My first team will play one half of football unless it gets ridiculous ... like 55-0.

2. My first team defense can stay on the field as long as you keep your first team offense on the field. However, if it is really lopsided like 55-0, I will probably let my 2nd team play against your 1's.

3. If there is a running clock in the 4th quarter, my second team will almost surely not throw the ball. I don't care if my offense is usually 70% pass/30% run. I will not throw the ball. The exception to be decided based on game situation could be a 3rd and long outside the 40.

4. If you choose to keep your 1's in the game in the 4th quarter with a running clock and you have plenty of players on the sideline who are ready to play, don't get upset if I put my #1 defense back in the game after you score a couple TD's.