Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds @ Astros Series 7/23 thru 7/25/2012

Featured Replies

The last three full seasons he's averaged 12-12 with a 3.36 ERA and 197 innings. This year, he's 7-9, 3.79 ... if that's average, I'll take more average.

 

2009-2011 versus Reds 4-5 with 3.41 era and the Reds only hit .236 against him over that period.

  • Replies 461
  • Views 44.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First time I ever saw a pro come to a stop before sliding.

 

How much baseball do you watch?

  • Author

Dempster scheduled to pitch against the Pirates tomorrow.

The last three full seasons he's averaged 12-12 with a 3.36 ERA and 197 innings. This year, he's 7-9, 3.79 ... if that's average, I'll take more average.

 

Slight under .500 for his career, ERA a little over 4. 33 and likely on the decline. He's average, his WAR also agrees with that statement. Pirates are 5th in MLB in team ERA. I don't see how this move pushes them up another level.

Did Paul throw out a runner tonight as well? I think I just heard them say it on the postgame...I must have missed that...

Slight under .500 for his career
It isn't like he's pitched for regular contenders.

 

ERA a little over 4. 33 and likely on the decline.
His ERA in his first three seasons (2005-2007) was 5.17 ... since then, it's been 3.45. Which is more relevant?

 

He's average, his WAR also agrees with that statement. Pirates are 5th in MLB in team ERA. I don't see how this move pushes them up another level.
If he's better than one of the guys in their rotation, and he is better than at least two of them, he represents an improvement.
How much baseball do you watch?

 

I watch enough to know the Reds ain't going far, especially in the playoffs, if they get that far. The lack of bunting skills and lack of run support will kill this Reds team in its tracks. They almost lost the game to the lowely Astros, 2 on base, bunt the ball right back to the pitcher, force out at third. Yea, X is a rookie but the veterens do the same thing every night. You do see that, right. First two innings runners stranded at first and second, same batter ends both innings.

 

Glad to see Stubbs getting his confidence back.

I watch enough to know the Reds ain't going far, especially in the playoffs, if they get that far. The lack of bunting skills and lack of run support will kill this Reds team in its tracks. They almost lost the game to the lowely Astros, 2 on base, bunt the ball right back to the pitcher, force out at third. Yea, X is a rookie but the veterens do the same thing every night. You do see that, right. First two innings runners stranded at first and second, same batter ends both innings.

 

Glad to see Stubbs getting his confidence back.

When I evaluate baseball teams, their bunting skills are way down the list.

Chris Welch said he slid late, IMO, he wasn't going to slide at all, he knew he was out because of the lousy bunt, again.

 

Any more questions?

Since giving up two walk offs, Chapman has 0 ER and struck out 25 of 31 outs.

When I evaluate baseball teams, their bunting skills are way down the list.

 

Runners on first and second , nobody out, you have to get the runners over by bunting, or you enjoy watching double plays and no runs scoring. :lol:

It isn't like he's pitched for regular contenders.

 

His ERA in his first three seasons (2005-2007) was 5.17 ... since then, it's been 3.45. Which is more relevant?

 

If he's better than one of the guys in their rotation, and he is better than at least two of them, he represents an improvement.

 

I'm not saying he sucks but I just don't think it's going to help much.

I would be one happy BGPer if I never had to hear about sac bunts again.

^gonna take a major violation or lack of payment bro!:lol:

Did Paul throw out a runner tonight as well? I think I just heard them say it on the postgame...I must have missed that...

 

Yes, I forgot who he threw out, but it was at 3rd base.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.