Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds @ Astros Series 7/23 thru 7/25/2012

Featured Replies

Is it not that important to us or not that important to the teams? If you feel it's not that important to the teams then why does Dusty try to sacrifice runners as much as he does?

 

Both, it's not nearly as important as you make it out to be.

  • Replies 461
  • Views 44.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, my logic is useful...

 

Yeah I sit and wait for it everyday. I can't make it through a game without it.

Yeah I sit and wait for it everyday. I can't make it through a game without it.

 

We can take a poll and see who BGP thinks has more useful logic if you'd like...

Both, it's not nearly as important as you make it out to be.

 

I was just agreeing with Hoosier and anybody else that said it IS important. If it is a big part of Dusty's game which it appears to be then the team needs to be able to execute better than they do today.

I would be one happy BGPer if I never had to hear about sac bunts again.

 

^gonna take a major violation or lack of payment bro!:lol:

 

Sac bunts are very much part of the game. I'll make you happy and go away. I, like always, will be watching. :D

 

Far down the list of important things in evaluating a team ...

 

Team, yes. But I believe individuals should be evaluated based on their ability to bunt. Pitchers, leadoff hitters, 8 hitters...etc.

 

Reds are 3rd out of NL teams in Sac bunts. Leave average is 37, they have 45.

 

Runners on first and second , nobody out, you have to get the runners over by bunting, or you enjoy watching double plays and no runs scoring. :lol:

 

Hammer is that you? I thought you were tired of hearing about bunting? :laugh:

We can take a poll and see who BGP thinks has more useful logic if you'd like...

 

I don't really care how all your buds would vote in a poll. I understand that you are a legend in your own mind.

I don't really care how all your buds would vote in a poll. I understand that you are a legend in your own mind.

 

I don't have any 'buds' on here. To my knowledge, I don't personally know any other member.

 

Your logic rarely makes sense, and it show by how rare it is when someone actually agrees with you...

I don't see any foam fingers.

 

 

Wishful thinking on my part ... and it was a line that just came to mind when I was writing the post.

Tonight's lineup. Phillips with a couple of days off coming.

 

 

 

 

1. Zack Cozart ® SS

 

2. Drew Stubbs ® CF

 

3. Jay Bruce (L) RF

 

4. Ryan Ludwick ® LF

 

5. Scott Rolen ® 3B

 

6. Todd Frazier ® 1B

 

7. Wilson Valdez ® 2B

 

8. Devin Mesoraco ® C

 

9. Homer Bailey ® P

I don't have any 'buds' on here. To my knowledge, I don't personally know any other member.

 

Your logic rarely makes sense, and it show by how rare it is when someone actually agrees with you...

 

Like I said.

Just so we're clear, those that are in the "bunting isn't important" camp. Can we please stop acting like those that say it is important don't mean they would take good bunters over good pitching.

 

I shouldn't be surprised of an overreaction in a Reds thread.

Just so we're clear, those that are in the "bunting isn't important" camp. Can we please stop acting like those that say it is important don't mean they would take good bunters over good pitching.

 

I shouldn't be surprised of an overreaction in a Reds thread.

I don't think anyone took the comments that way. It's just that some seem to overstate the importance of bunting.
Just so we're clear, those that are in the "bunting isn't important" camp. Can we please stop acting like those that say it is important don't mean they would take good bunters over good pitching.

 

I shouldn't be surprised of an overreaction in a Reds thread.

 

That's not what we meant?

Really, if you're going to rest a regular or two and give the bench guys some at-bats, wouldn't the Astros be the team to do it against?

Tonight's lineup. Phillips with a couple of days off coming.

 

 

 

 

1. Zack Cozart ® SS

 

2. Drew Stubbs ® CF

 

3. Jay Bruce (L) RF

 

4. Ryan Ludwick ® LF

 

5. Scott Rolen ® 3B

 

6. Todd Frazier ® 1B

 

7. Wilson Valdez ® 2B

 

8. Devin Mesoraco ® C

 

9. Homer Bailey ® P

 

Hopefully they can get those bunts down tonight.:lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.